By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone still believe Wii Won't be ahead of Xbox 360 by the end of the 2007?

wow ps3 predctions were around 6M for years end.. terrible, and 360 12 M? Wii sold 20M though.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

I love necros. =D

I would have to say that owners of all three consoles won this year. Not a bad thing.

Why didnt I post in this thread?

mM

I do. ;^)

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

Everyone has to remember that the PS3 had at least one price cut after this thread was made.

Rath said:
Everyone has to remember that the PS3 had at least one price cut after this thread was made.

Especially the 200 € price cut in Europe, I don't think anyone saw it coming...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, this was all before 1) Sony slashed the price&sku models 2) it turned out, that out of the PS3/xbox360 pai americans prefer the latter. Each point helped their respective console sell more than we could have foreseen. Look at it this way, the PS3 sold some 9 million units in it's first year, which isn't that bad really. It's just that the Wii is a phenomenon with its almost 20 million units sold during the first year.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

You did post in this thread Leo-j, page 1, open your eyes.

mrstickball said:
I might be one of the few, if only people that think there's a chance the Wii won't overtake the X360 worldwide by EOY.

Let me make a few statements as to why I say this:

#1. I think regardless, it'll be close, within 500k units of reachother by EOY.

#2. MS has the advantage of having more units out (11.6m) and the ability to churn out more units than Nintendo does at this point in time (last year, MS shipped 4.5m units in just 3 months).

#3. The games will help the X360 power past the Wii for a week or two, giving it a slight razor's edge at the end of the year to beat it by ~200k units or so. Halo 3, GTAIV, and others have proven track records and pedigree's to move units, and I think this Christmas, provided theres a pricedrop real soon, will give alot of former Xbox owners, and PS2 owners enough reason to adopt a X360 in the US and Europe over the Wii, whilst the PS3 steals some of the Wii's thunder in Japan and Europe (albiet not much).

I'm pretty much sticking to my ~17.5m X360, and 17.0m Wii predictions I made back in March. Crazy? Yes. I do know, and believe, and have said for months the Wii will overtake the X360 in August, or September at the latest. Right now, unless ioi gimps the data, it'll be another 3-4 weeks at max.

Could I be very wrong? Yes. But I just don't see how MS can do a ton worse than last year (they sold around 3m units from Sept-Dec) with the huge lineup, pricedrop, and everything else. IMO, they can sell 5m or so between Oct-Dec worldwide, and just edge the Wii out. That doesn't mean I think the X360 will maintain the lead for much longer after, though, as I think the Wii will re-take it's lead in mid January, and stay there for awhile.

Burned.