By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshinori Ono: "PS3 shaders make Street Fighter 4 hard to Port"

dbot said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Jordahn said:
Burgles said:

http://www.qj.net/Yoshinori-Ono-video-interview-new-PS3-shaders-make-Street-Fighter-4-hard-to-port/pg/49/aid/125597

"Capcom already has a lot of background when it comes to pulling realistic images out of the PS3, but the more artistic feel of Street Fighter 4 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) is giving game designer Yoshinori Ono and his team a hard time. One thing that particularly gave them trouble was getting some of the more artistic shaders of the PS3 to work properly for the game's "inky" graphics effect. Ono called it a "one-two combo", referring to both the new shaders and the new architecture."

So, does this mean Street Fighter 4 will be a port of the Xbox 360 version?

Will the PS3 be getting yet another inferior port, with the cheaper Xbox 360 trumping it in the graphics department yet again. Die hard PS3 fans have been declaring the two consoles as equals as far as muliplatform titles are concerned. It would appear that this is not the case yet. Which begs the question...Will they ever be equals while the Xbox 360 exisits. If the famed creators of the Street Fighter franchise can't get to grips with the "superior" PS3...

Who can?

Trolling. Left this out to paint a false picture by taking things out of context..

"No worries, though. Ono reassured PS3 owners that the game's PS3 version is definitely 'on the right track.' According to Ono, 'it doesn't matter what hardware it's running on. It's Street Fighter 4.'"

nice catch... I was reading peoples comments ready to give burgles the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trolling until I read this and it was completely obvious he cut out a whole paragraph that didn't comply with his agenda... what a troll

Does anyone really believe Burgles owns a PS3? 

yes I do

I believe he leaves it ON all the time so it breaks to post the pics here and say "see , PS3 sucks"

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
Xen said:
Lead develop it on the PS3...? like EA are doing now..? they create problems for themselves.

Why would they want to, it has bad architecture and bottlenecks and the smallest user base. Dev's are happy to make games on the 360 because it makes their dev cost cheaper and can do it quicker. Then do a port to the ps3 for some extra cash, if its slightly inferior they dont care. Sony dont hold a huge market share anymore. 

Last gen the ps2 has bad architecture and was the weakest console, so xbox and gc were scaled back to suit it as the lead platform. Its just the other way around this gen and it wont change.

Your logic has holes in it - mainly the "GC and XB scaled back because of PS2"

Okay. Take a PS2 madden and compare it with an XB madden.

And then, take the PS2 Beyond Good and Evil and compare it with the GC one.

Lastly, think about that porting from the PS3 to the 360 is easier than the other way around.

dbot said:

Does anyone really believe Burgles owns a PS3?

No one cares.

haha... your a funny man Burgles. Thanks for maiking me laugh today.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Max King of the Wild said:
Jordahn said:
Burgles said:

http://www.qj.net/Yoshinori-Ono-video-interview-new-PS3-shaders-make-Street-Fighter-4-hard-to-port/pg/49/aid/125597

"Capcom already has a lot of background when it comes to pulling realistic images out of the PS3, but the more artistic feel of Street Fighter 4 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) is giving game designer Yoshinori Ono and his team a hard time. One thing that particularly gave them trouble was getting some of the more artistic shaders of the PS3 to work properly for the game's "inky" graphics effect. Ono called it a "one-two combo", referring to both the new shaders and the new architecture."

So, does this mean Street Fighter 4 will be a port of the Xbox 360 version?

Will the PS3 be getting yet another inferior port, with the cheaper Xbox 360 trumping it in the graphics department yet again. Die hard PS3 fans have been declaring the two consoles as equals as far as muliplatform titles are concerned. It would appear that this is not the case yet. Which begs the question...Will they ever be equals while the Xbox 360 exisits. If the famed creators of the Street Fighter franchise can't get to grips with the "superior" PS3...

Who can?

Trolling. Left this out to paint a false picture by taking things out of context..

"No worries, though. Ono reassured PS3 owners that the game's PS3 version is definitely 'on the right track.' According to Ono, 'it doesn't matter what hardware it's running on. It's Street Fighter 4.'"

nice catch... I was reading peoples comments ready to give burgles the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trolling until I read this and it was completely obvious he cut out a whole paragraph that didn't comply with his agenda... what a troll

And furthermore, the combination of the title of this thread and his personal comments are misleading and out of context.  The port was in reference from the arcade version and there was NO implication that it was a 360 port.  Also, Ono voiced that they succeeded in accomplishing the inky effect on the PS3.  This thread's original message proves to be garbage.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ misteromar

Care to define for us this “bad architecture” you speak of, clearly you must not have played too many PS3 exclusives, which have already shown what PS3 architecture can do. So, by all means, please explain to us this “bad tech of the PS3” that u speak of.

"Cell"cpu

- Difficult to program for -- ALL software has to be optimized
- Poor single thread performance
- NO hardware Branch prediction, Extremely poor at running complicated branched code (like A.I. code)

RAM

- Its split in 2, 256mb cpu, 256 gpu, better to have it unified so the devs choose how to split, 50:50, 30:70 etc etc

Sure the ps3 is more powerful, but it may take twice as long and cost twice as much, for only a 10% increase in qaulity over what can be done on the xbox.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

If things still become like this(PS3 version harder to make than Xbox360).
I think in the future we'll see more and more multiplatform release on Xbox360 and Wii before PS3 ,or they gotta spend more time to make PS3 version before release all at once.

But i think this problem can be fixed if Sony make software or hardware that'll be able to make developers create PS3 games more easier.

misteromar mk4 said:

"Cell"cpu

- Difficult to program for -- ALL software has to be optimized
- Poor single thread performance
- NO hardware Branch prediction, Extremely poor at running complicated branched code (like A.I. code)

RAM

- Its split in 2, 256mb cpu, 256 gpu, better to have it unified so the devs choose how to split, 50:50, 30:70 etc etc

Wrong

"- Difficult to program for -- ALL software has to be optimized"

ALL software has to be optimized whatever their hardware is.

"- Poor single thread performance"

It's pretty dumb to have a single threaded piece of software when almost all processors nowadays are mulit-core.

"- Its split in 2, 256mb cpu, 256 gpu, better to have it unified so the devs choose how to split, 50:50, 30:70 etc etc"

It maybe so but both the CELL and the RSX can have access to the 2x256 MB so they actually can choose.

Madanial said:
If things still become like this(PS3 version harder to make than Xbox360).
I think in the future we'll see more and more multiplatform release on Xbox360 and Wii before PS3 ,or they gotta spend more time to make PS3 version before release all at once.

But i think this problem can be fixed if Sony make software or hardware that'll be able to make developers create PS3 games more easier.

I think we can all agree that the PS3 architecture is harder because of its unfamiliarity.  But if you watch the video interview, you'll find that things worked out fine.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

You are so sad burgles.

I pray that your inevitable banning coming up if you continue on this path really straightens you out, cause you are worrying me.