By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshinori Ono: "PS3 shaders make Street Fighter 4 hard to Port"

We don't care about the game lmao. No-one will have any time to play it with the huge list of exclusives coming up.

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
For the record:

This game is not a port from 360 to PS3, or PS3 to 360. It's a port from Arcade to both. They've had playable arcade units for a long time.

+ 1

First - don't judge something that is not even out.

Second - If PS3 version suffer don't blame 360 or Capcom. Blame Sony and PS3.

Maybe this should be locked. I've done nothing wrong but we'll just go round in cricles and I'll be accused of trolling.

I don't know what I'm supposed to say....

I apologies to the mods and placid members for creating a topic that has sparked no fruitful discussion because the people who have interest in the topic do not posses an impartial eye and a calm temperament.

I think the phrase "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" would be most fitting for them. But I reckon they would say the same about me. At least i can see this. It would appear that some are incapable of seeing their own nose in front of them.

Burgles said:
Maybe this should be locked. I've done nothing wrong but we'll just go round in cricles and I'll be accused of trolling.

My take on this thread.

BrayanA said:
Phrancheyez said:
For the record:

This game is not a port from 360 to PS3, or PS3 to 360. It's a port from Arcade to both. They've had playable arcade units for a long time.

+ 1

First - don't judge something that is not even out.

Second - If PS3 version suffer don't blame 360 or Capcom. Blame Sony and PS3.

I don't think it will be inferior. I reckon the real problem is the way in which the nVidia GPU outputs its image. Even on the PC the ATI X1800 (card the 360 GPU is based on) produced a more vibrant image in games. Much like the Xbox 1's games were always dark not that bright.

They talk about an "inky" look in the game. I'm sure it won't look any worse it just might look a bit different. Apples and Oranges, I spose.

Its a similar situation with things like shadows on the nvidia 7800GTX based hardware, they are not as "lifelike" as the X1800's shadows in many games...the blurring at the edges isn't as good. But when shaders aren't being used the 7800GTX is sometimes faster than the X1800 based card.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Burgles said:

My take on this thread.

Would you care to substatiate this Mr DMeisterJ?

I think he secretly loves you Burgles. You know how boys usually tease girls when they like them. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Burgles said:
DMeisterJ said:
Burgles said:

My take on this thread.

Would you care to substatiate this Mr DMeisterJ?

The O.P. and all of your replies does that pretty well.

I don't know if anyone realizes this, but the PS3's shader architecture is practically identical to a NVidia 7800 GTX.

If they're "having trouble" writing shaders for it... they need to hire some graphics programmers from... anywhere? ...any graphics programmers would probably do. NVidia's 7000-series architecture isn't exactly rare or uncommon -- as a matter of fact, "praised" would probably be the word that describes NVidia's architecture, for the most part.

Burgles said:
Max King of the Wild said:

^Because you criticized one of the worst UI on one of the worst OS ever created you somehow think you aren't biased? For every one of those I can show you 10 anti-sony posts that are full of crap.

"...Prediction ; LBP will be like Haze in terms of hype 2 days before release, user feedback 2 days after release."

Enough said... and I didn't need to click to your post history.

Well, now you've just made yourself look stupid.

1. A prediction is a prediction, I stand by it. LBP isn't officially released worldwide yet and I believe it will burn in flames like Haze did. Its my opinion and I don't ever post about it. You try reading some other peoples sigs, mine is pretty tame in comparison!

2. It makes no difference what I've posted if it is backed up by educated opinion, which it ALWAYS is. I never make flat assertions based on my biased point of view. I base it on the reality. I post a lot of negative sony stuff because Sony are a joke and have squandered their lead, their respect and a lot of their brand image. They have a console that is more than twice the price of an Xbox 360 and 95% of its games are the same or worse than the Xbox 360.

Quite a lot of people agree with this way of thinking I think you will find.

I'm just making this post to answer YOUR question, to explain my negative Sony posts. I call a spade a spade. If MS started releasing crappy watered down multiplatform games I would be saying EXACTLY the same, I swar on it!

I live in a world not restriced by money, I'm loaded with money, I can get what I want. So I'm not burdened by the poor decision I made having to justify it daily.

I'm off to have a cup of coffee. I don't see why people need to be so rude about these things! People talk shit and it comes back to bite them in the end, I'm just saying how it is straight from the horses mouth - THE DEVELOPER in this thread.

What more am I supposed to do?

I'm not here to make you all cream yourselves at what an amazing purchase you made, I'm here to debate and ask questions that need answering and I find interesting. If I come across rude, well, what can I say? Try not being so narrow minded and take what I say in the spirit it was intended....

Good old fashioned non politically correct debate.

nice try Burgles, but you can't convince anyone.