Forums - Sony Discussion - Yoshinori Ono: "PS3 shaders make Street Fighter 4 hard to Port"

There's too many inaccuracies in my about "me" to clear up but I'll try a couple...

"And didn't you make that thread saying you hated all games on the PS3 and that you hated it more than any other console?"

No I didn't.

"It's not the website's slant, they quoted him. HE SAID IT. You can't just leave out an entire paragraph because it disagrees with the point you are trying to make. Of course he's not going to say that it will be a piece of shit, because that wouldn't be very good for marketing, would it? But at the same time, if the problem was that serious, would he TELL people about it?"

He only said about 6 words - "It will be ok, Its SF4" - The person reporting the news said the rest. I'm not going to post what the news reporter thought. THAT would be biased.

"Also, wtf is with your prediction? Because Haze got JUST as much love as LBP did from reviewers. Because Haze sold over 100k copies before it was released. Because Haze is considered a contender for game of the year."

Its all hype and the reviewers were too scared to give it crap marks. Its a level maker in my opinion and will be forgotten about very soon. As I said, its a PREDICTION, there's nothing wrong with being wrong! Thats why it's called a "PREDICTION", not a "FACT".

"If it's from a biased PS3 site, why did you posted anything from it in the first place because that paragraph was from the same article you posted from?"

I posted the paragraph that was actually talking about what Yoshinori said, that Capcom were having problems with the shaders on SF4 on the PS3 version. The last paragraph was the reporters biased "everything will be fine" take on it. Like I've already said.

"But at the same time, if the problem was that serious, would he TELL people about it?"

No he wouldn't, blind fanboyism and hope would say otherwise. Also, it looks like he HAS told us about it in about as explicit way a possible without totally destroying the hype for his game.

"And maybe it is biased, but if it is, it's from Ono's translated words. You cannot pick and choose info to fuel your agendas. But I agree that this is big news because Ono said that Street Fighter 4 is coming along nicely on the PS3 at the very least after they have accomplished to learn how to employ this inky effect on the PS3 version as a playable version on the game show. Good stuff"

You just sound like the reporter of that site. You can't ASSUME something is going ok without hard facts, why would this Yoshinori be saying they were having problems - if they weren't?

They would have to be pretty big problems for him to say something, but I'm not saying that it will cause a problem in the final output. I'm saying that this multiplat problem is still continuing.

"I find the thread interesting because it does point out that no single architecture can be the best at everything. Crays make crappy hand-held calculators"

And games ;) (jk)

"you know... i was cracking up while reading point one... but one i got to point to i almost suffucated because i was laughing so hard i couldn't breath... if you back everything up with facts and non biased opinions.... why do you have numerous bans from trolling the ps3? anyways i stopped reading there and i wont even bother reading the crud you spew from your mouth because you obviously have no clue what your saying."

Thats just insulting, I have reported news that is true and backed up by quotesevidence. Then offered my take on it as everyone does when they post news. My take is an pesimistic one, but not an unrealistic one. Its not wishful thinking...We have had countless multiplats that are inferior on the PS3 - Its not my problem you're in denial and chose to insult me instead of backing YOUR statments up.

Again, I challenge you to take ANY one of my previous posts and look for ubsubstantiated claimsfanboy remarks.

I critize the PS3 because there is a lot to critisize as I have already laid out, this piece of "news" just being the latest in a long line of failings in the designarchitechtureattitude of the PS3 console and buisness.

Around the Network

We don't care about the game lmao. No-one will have any time to play it with the huge list of exclusives coming up.

Phrancheyez said:
For the record:

This game is not a port from 360 to PS3, or PS3 to 360. It's a port from Arcade to both. They've had playable arcade units for a long time.

+ 1

First - don't judge something that is not even out.

Second - If PS3 version suffer don't blame 360 or Capcom. Blame Sony and PS3.

Maybe this should be locked. I've done nothing wrong but we'll just go round in cricles and I'll be accused of trolling.

I don't know what I'm supposed to say....

I apologies to the mods and placid members for creating a topic that has sparked no fruitful discussion because the people who have interest in the topic do not posses an impartial eye and a calm temperament.

I think the phrase "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" would be most fitting for them. But I reckon they would say the same about me. At least i can see this. It would appear that some are incapable of seeing their own nose in front of them.

Burgles said:
Maybe this should be locked. I've done nothing wrong but we'll just go round in cricles and I'll be accused of trolling.

My take on this thread.

Around the Network
BrayanA said:
Phrancheyez said:
For the record:

This game is not a port from 360 to PS3, or PS3 to 360. It's a port from Arcade to both. They've had playable arcade units for a long time.

+ 1

First - don't judge something that is not even out.

Second - If PS3 version suffer don't blame 360 or Capcom. Blame Sony and PS3.

I don't think it will be inferior. I reckon the real problem is the way in which the nVidia GPU outputs its image. Even on the PC the ATI X1800 (card the 360 GPU is based on) produced a more vibrant image in games. Much like the Xbox 1's games were always dark not that bright.

They talk about an "inky" look in the game. I'm sure it won't look any worse it just might look a bit different. Apples and Oranges, I spose.

Its a similar situation with things like shadows on the nvidia 7800GTX based hardware, they are not as "lifelike" as the X1800's shadows in many games...the blurring at the edges isn't as good. But when shaders aren't being used the 7800GTX is sometimes faster than the X1800 based card.

DMeisterJ said:
Burgles said:

My take on this thread.

Would you care to substatiate this Mr DMeisterJ?

I think he secretly loves you Burgles. You know how boys usually tease girls when they like them. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Burgles said:
DMeisterJ said:
Burgles said:

My take on this thread.

Would you care to substatiate this Mr DMeisterJ?

The O.P. and all of your replies does that pretty well.

I don't know if anyone realizes this, but the PS3's shader architecture is practically identical to a NVidia 7800 GTX.

If they're "having trouble" writing shaders for it... they need to hire some graphics programmers from... anywhere? ...any graphics programmers would probably do. NVidia's 7000-series architecture isn't exactly rare or uncommon -- as a matter of fact, "praised" would probably be the word that describes NVidia's architecture, for the most part.