By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zucas said:
Star Scream said:
PSP is ballin' indeed.

Shame about Wii though, even Wii Music (unexpectedly) failled to spark Wii HW sales.

Relatively nice X360 sales - perhaps it will reach 1m LTD by the end of this financial year?

Yes PSP is doing quite good.  Of course I can't help but think it could have sustained better after PSP 3000 but still not bad. 

Well it was doubtful that Wii Music would really stimulate sales for the Wii... well at least if you understood the curious case of Wii Music which unfortunately little people here aside from me did.  However YoY, Wii ain't doing that bad considering this time last year it sold 31k so at least its not drastically worse.  Of course 360 YoY, puts to shame that decrease with its large increase.

As for 360 its doubtful it'll hit 1 million by the end of the year.  Currently at 770,000 and let's say during the next 10 weeks, in 7 of those weeks it sales an average of 15k.  That equals 105k and in the 3 weeks it sales 45k.  That's another 135k.  Total of 150k would put it at 920,000 which falls short of the 1 million number.  Now I put those drastic numbers in there simply so anyone wouldn't question because we know the 360 won't have 3 weeks of 45k or 3 that would average out to that or those 7 weeks to average out to 15k a week but it's mean to be extreme to show that 1 million is highly improbable simply by seeing those as improbable themselves.

However 360 should be able to go over 1 million in Japan... if everything stays up which really who knows whne we hit 2009, by about April to May of 2009.

Well, I was specifically talking about the financial year. With Star Ocean 4 launching in March (or was it February?), I think x360's got a real chance of reaching 1m by the end of March.

Around the Network
Star Scream said:
Zucas said:
Star Scream said:
PSP is ballin' indeed.

Shame about Wii though, even Wii Music (unexpectedly) failled to spark Wii HW sales.

Relatively nice X360 sales - perhaps it will reach 1m LTD by the end of this financial year?

Yes PSP is doing quite good. Of course I can't help but think it could have sustained better after PSP 3000 but still not bad.

Well it was doubtful that Wii Music would really stimulate sales for the Wii... well at least if you understood the curious case of Wii Music which unfortunately little people here aside from me did. However YoY, Wii ain't doing that bad considering this time last year it sold 31k so at least its not drastically worse. Of course 360 YoY, puts to shame that decrease with its large increase.

As for 360 its doubtful it'll hit 1 million by the end of the year. Currently at 770,000 and let's say during the next 10 weeks, in 7 of those weeks it sales an average of 15k. That equals 105k and in the 3 weeks it sales 45k. That's another 135k. Total of 150k would put it at 920,000 which falls short of the 1 million number. Now I put those drastic numbers in there simply so anyone wouldn't question because we know the 360 won't have 3 weeks of 45k or 3 that would average out to that or those 7 weeks to average out to 15k a week but it's mean to be extreme to show that 1 million is highly improbable simply by seeing those as improbable themselves.

However 360 should be able to go over 1 million in Japan... if everything stays up which really who knows whne we hit 2009, by about April to May of 2009.

Well, I was specifically talking about the financial year. With Star Ocean 4 launching in March (or was it February?), I think x360's got a real chance of reaching 1m by the end of March.

Definitely probable and would go along with my prediction which says around April to May, considering end of March is beginning of April haha.

DMeisterJ said:
Oh well I was incorrect.

Sue me.

yes i will sue you, becasue you as a cat pretend to be human,  so your comment to the tread will be treating as cat answer not human answer.

Japanese are smart people sometimes,
they know, when pricecut or new model is coming.

Japanese Chart for Week Ending 06th September 2008
Console Week Weekly Total
x360 === 144 = 951 (-70%) 685,001
Japanese Chart for Week Ending 13th September 2008
x360 === 145 = 28,719 (+2,920%) 713,720

now,
Japanese Chart for Week Ending 25th October 2008
PS3 ==== 103 = 4,096 (-15%) 2,411,369

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

PS3 :(

Around the Network

WTF^ lol

my god it seems that each week the PS3 numbers keep getting lower and lower but I think that japan is waiting for the skus. I expect sales to go up but....

dmeistarJ said:
PS3 :(

Eh?

I hope the PS3 picks up some awesome sales next week...

4 ≈ One

60k, things are close between the PS3/360. They are pretty much tracking equally and I wouldn't be surprised if Holiday sales were even between the two.

*Though of course my signature has to come true*

Tease.