By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Fernando said:
Just wait until the 80GB and LBP...

=p

Your schtick has been old for some time now.

Please grow up

Around the Network
chaospluto said:
PS3 is still doing amazing for it's price imho. Nice PSP Sales.

360 is grinding in some nice sales, gratz to MS.

Nothing new with DS/Wii, lol, mostly always top :P

well in japan the psp have a good while in the top and overall this year its winning japan :P

Burgles said:
Zucas said:
DS down obviously in preparation for DSi next week. Less people buying DSL of course. PSP stays up alright after PSP 3000 but still comes down more than normal. While Wii stays stagnant in the 25k range.

360 and PS3 still duking it out for last and 2nd to last which is why I question so much attention given to it. But this will probably be the last week we see 360 over PS3 for the rest of the year unless things really go wrong with things on PS3.

It's hard to say why 360's increase has drove PS3 down but it probably has a lot to do with price and brand at the time. While PS3 sales are also a little down this week in preparation for the new SKU. It's possibly that when PS3 goes up next week that it'll have the similar effect on 360 driving it's sales down a little.

Now I posed this last year when the 40gb upped PS3 sales to good rates before the holiday season that because of this it might cause PS3 holiday boosts to not be as strong as the rest because it lost it in those weeks. I turned out right... very right. PS3's peak week was at about 70k while it had weeks before that where it was averaging about 20-30k after the pricedrop to just show it.

So now I'm going to pose the exact same question for the 360. Because 360 has had all of this going on before the holiday season and into it... is it possible that 360 will have a similar thing happen where the holiday sales boosts are not as strong or prevalent as the rest. I'd say given it is not the dominant brand and the past has proven this theory true, that it is almost inevitable but we'll see how it plays out.

Could it happen to PSP and DS because they have something similar? Maybe but unlikely considering they have large brand appeal and usually they aren't affected by such things like that especially in the holiday season. Actually new things help holiday increases more.

So this is a possibility for 360 although a little more of an extreme case considering all of this has been a little more stretched out than the PS3 one.

You said the same thing last week and the week before....

Your posts carry no weight when you say the same thing over and over as if you didnt make the same statement already in last weeks japan numbers....

Haha my posts carry the most weight if any.  I predicted that 360 would fall back to around the 5k-7k range which it did.  Of course I didn't think it would drive the PS3 down with it which would have left PS3 above it. 

The thing about being a good predictor is knowing when your wrong and why you were wrong.  All you know is your biases and silly little ideas.  That's the inherent difference between many and most and why I'm sure most read mine and say hmm that makes sense.  Why?  Because it does.

skeezer said:
How low can the PS# go? Just wondering, what is the lowest the PS3 has sold in Japan?

4896 units. This week. 2nd lowest = week before than, 3rd = week before that. Continues for 7 weeks. Lowest except for these 7 is 7497 units.

The 360 is now on its ~ 15th highest week ever in Japan.

Wii on its ~ 10th lowest week ever.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

ZOMFG! XB360 pwnz Japan!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

PSP is ballin' indeed.

Shame about Wii though, even Wii Music (unexpectedly) failled to spark Wii HW sales.

Relatively nice X360 sales - perhaps it will reach 1m LTD by the end of this financial year?

Star Scream said:
PSP is ballin' indeed.

Shame about Wii though, even Wii Music (unexpectedly) failled to spark Wii HW sales.

Relatively nice X360 sales - perhaps it will reach 1m LTD by the end of this financial year?

Yes PSP is doing quite good.  Of course I can't help but think it could have sustained better after PSP 3000 but still not bad. 

Well it was doubtful that Wii Music would really stimulate sales for the Wii... well at least if you understood the curious case of Wii Music which unfortunately little people here aside from me did.  However YoY, Wii ain't doing that bad considering this time last year it sold 31k so at least its not drastically worse.  Of course 360 YoY, puts to shame that decrease with its large increase.

As for 360 its doubtful it'll hit 1 million by the end of the year.  Currently at 770,000 and let's say during the next 10 weeks, in 7 of those weeks it sales an average of 15k.  That equals 105k and in the 3 weeks it sales 45k.  That's another 135k.  Total of 150k would put it at 920,000 which falls short of the 1 million number.  Now I put those drastic numbers in there simply so anyone wouldn't question because we know the 360 won't have 3 weeks of 45k or 3 that would average out to that or those 7 weeks to average out to 15k a week but it's mean to be extreme to show that 1 million is highly improbable simply by seeing those as improbable themselves.

However 360 should be able to go over 1 million in Japan... if everything stays up which really who knows whne we hit 2009, by about April to May of 2009.

Zucas said:
Burgles said:
Zucas said:
DS down obviously in preparation for DSi next week. Less people buying DSL of course. PSP stays up alright after PSP 3000 but still comes down more than normal. While Wii stays stagnant in the 25k range.

360 and PS3 still duking it out for last and 2nd to last which is why I question so much attention given to it. But this will probably be the last week we see 360 over PS3 for the rest of the year unless things really go wrong with things on PS3.

It's hard to say why 360's increase has drove PS3 down but it probably has a lot to do with price and brand at the time. While PS3 sales are also a little down this week in preparation for the new SKU. It's possibly that when PS3 goes up next week that it'll have the similar effect on 360 driving it's sales down a little.

Now I posed this last year when the 40gb upped PS3 sales to good rates before the holiday season that because of this it might cause PS3 holiday boosts to not be as strong as the rest because it lost it in those weeks. I turned out right... very right. PS3's peak week was at about 70k while it had weeks before that where it was averaging about 20-30k after the pricedrop to just show it.

So now I'm going to pose the exact same question for the 360. Because 360 has had all of this going on before the holiday season and into it... is it possible that 360 will have a similar thing happen where the holiday sales boosts are not as strong or prevalent as the rest. I'd say given it is not the dominant brand and the past has proven this theory true, that it is almost inevitable but we'll see how it plays out.

Could it happen to PSP and DS because they have something similar? Maybe but unlikely considering they have large brand appeal and usually they aren't affected by such things like that especially in the holiday season. Actually new things help holiday increases more.

So this is a possibility for 360 although a little more of an extreme case considering all of this has been a little more stretched out than the PS3 one.

Your posts carry no weight when you say the same thing over and over as if you didnt make the same statement already in last weeks japan numbers....

Haha my posts carry the most weight if any.  I predicted that 360 would fall back to around the 5k-7k range which it did.  Of course I didn't think it would drive the PS3 down with it which would have left PS3 above it. 

The thing about being a good predictor is knowing when your wrong and why you were wrong.  All you know is your biases and silly little ideas.  That's the inherent difference between many and most and why I'm sure most read mine and say hmm that makes sense.  Why?  Because it does.

I predicted that too >_>

DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:
Burgles said:
Zucas said:

Haha my posts carry the most weight if any. I predicted that 360 would fall back to around the 5k-7k range which it did. Of course I didn't think it would drive the PS3 down with it which would have left PS3 above it.

The thing about being a good predictor is knowing when your wrong and why you were wrong. All you know is your biases and silly little ideas. That's the inherent difference between many and most and why I'm sure most read mine and say hmm that makes sense. Why? Because it does.

I predicted that too >_>

Great.

Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:

Haha my posts carry the most weight if any. I predicted that 360 would fall back to around the 5k-7k range which it did. Of course I didn't think it would drive the PS3 down with it which would have left PS3 above it.

The thing about being a good predictor is knowing when your wrong and why you were wrong. All you know is your biases and silly little ideas. That's the inherent difference between many and most and why I'm sure most read mine and say hmm that makes sense. Why? Because it does.

I predicted that too >_>

Great.

Great.