By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just wait until the 80GB and LBP...

=p

Around the Network

so are these the new numbers for this week oct 29??
if so wow the PS3 should be doing better

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I'm curious to see the effects of the PS3 bundle on 360 sales. There is no doubt that the PS3 will beat the 360 next week, but the 360 also has a bundle coming out the week after. While I would put my money on the PS3 being consistently ahead of 360 from here on out, the last 2 months make me wonder whether the 360 can keep up with the PS3 until WKC comes out.

The 360 will get another boost when Last Remnant comes out. This will be surely another week where the 360 will beat the PS3.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Fernando said:

=p

Just wait until you get banned...

=p

Around the Network
Zucas said:
DS down obviously in preparation for DSi next week. Less people buying DSL of course. PSP stays up alright after PSP 3000 but still comes down more than normal. While Wii stays stagnant in the 25k range.

360 and PS3 still duking it out for last and 2nd to last which is why I question so much attention given to it. But this will probably be the last week we see 360 over PS3 for the rest of the year unless things really go wrong with things on PS3.

It's hard to say why 360's increase has drove PS3 down but it probably has a lot to do with price and brand at the time. While PS3 sales are also a little down this week in preparation for the new SKU. It's possibly that when PS3 goes up next week that it'll have the similar effect on 360 driving it's sales down a little.

Now I posed this last year when the 40gb upped PS3 sales to good rates before the holiday season that because of this it might cause PS3 holiday boosts to not be as strong as the rest because it lost it in those weeks. I turned out right... very right. PS3's peak week was at about 70k while it had weeks before that where it was averaging about 20-30k after the pricedrop to just show it.

So now I'm going to pose the exact same question for the 360. Because 360 has had all of this going on before the holiday season and into it... is it possible that 360 will have a similar thing happen where the holiday sales boosts are not as strong or prevalent as the rest. I'd say given it is not the dominant brand and the past has proven this theory true, that it is almost inevitable but we'll see how it plays out.

Could it happen to PSP and DS because they have something similar? Maybe but unlikely considering they have large brand appeal and usually they aren't affected by such things like that especially in the holiday season. Actually new things help holiday increases more.

So this is a possibility for 360 although a little more of an extreme case considering all of this has been a little more stretched out than the PS3 one.

You said the same thing last week and the week before....

Your posts carry no weight when you say the same thing over and over as if you didnt make the same statement already in last weeks japan numbers....

Fernando said:

=p

Surprised your NOT banned yet.

How low can the PS# go? Just wondering, what is the lowest the PS3 has sold in Japan?

^_^

PS3 is still doing amazing for it's price imho. Nice PSP Sales.

360 is grinding in some nice sales, gratz to MS.

Nothing new with DS/Wii, lol, mostly always top :P

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

i dont know if the 80 gig will help the PS3.. if it will cost more.
it might hurt it. but nobody really knows.
and the 360 bundle with the rpg game will boost sales there also

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3