By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock= Not an AAA game.

Ail said:
kabhold said:

It was AAA. My only gripe is that big daddys were way to easy to kill. They were so ominous. Scary. Yet never hard to kill.

I suggest you try survivor mode then ....

Big Daddy are hard as hell to kill in that mode ( well except if you make two Big Daddies fight each others or sick a camera on one..)

I may.... I always play the middle difficulty first in games. Not sure about playing the game over again though.

Around the Network

It's definetly an AAA in my opinion.

man, dont even let me get started with the last boss. i didnt use one health pack, i only used the wrench, and i didnt hit any enemy other than the boss. it was so easy. not scary. that game wasnt scary at all -_-

Its was most unique game since God of war.
That what makes it so special.
But ending was very bad, and I woulnd't call it easy, tho I did same as you,died purposelly.

Take my love, take my land..

KylieDog said:

Very few people, just the gaming industry (sarcasm).

Once again completely ignore the proof thrown in your face.  You are wrong, you have been proven wrong with actual evidence, and you once again ignore it and on't even try to defend yourself, because you can't.

The fact that some VG journalists say it doesn't make it true...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Look who I quoted, it is the guy who MADE the game.

Well still, and it's even worse because it's stupid to say that.

"Look, our game is Xbox 360 exclusive! and by the way it's out on PC too"

Does that make sense to you? because for me it doesn't make any sense at all.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exclusive

KylieDog said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Asmo said:

I disagree, exclusive mean on one hardware only. It mean that you won't be able to play the game if you do not own an XBox 360.

Fact is : you can play Gears of War and Mass Effect without an XBox 360.

Oh Asmo, we agree with you. Very few people share Kylie's pov. These aren't multiconsole games, they are multiplatform games, and the PC certainly is a platform. Kylie believes the PC doesn't compete with the consoles, which is just wrong. :P

By his definition, L4D is a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360, just like he says Bioshock was.

Very few people, just the gaming industry (sarcasm).

Once again completely ignore the proof thrown in your face.  You are wrong, you have been proven wrong with actual evidence, and you once again ignore it and on't even try to defend yourself, because you can't.

I always pick PC over any console....  Even with all the bugs.  Actually I can barely play Fallout 3 right now.  I digress.  Anyways lets think about it. Gears of war is "Exclusively on XBOX 360" Yet people without one can play it..... Hmmm.  Btw I don't care what devoloper says that.  He's not louder or more trusted than the voice in my head.  Mr. Common Sense.  It's semantics.

maybe the best place to start is to explain what do all the A's are rating?

is it Gameplay, Graphics, ???? or is it more along the lines of how much is invested in the creation of the game?

Bioshock is a game a respected more than I enjoyed.

Ail said:
heruamon said:
All i know is this...2K games is kicking themselves right now over the effort for this port...and the special adds to make this game more "special" than the 360 version. The game is barely going to crack 100K WW, and maybe 200K LTD...OUCH doesn't begin to describe this failure to port the game. Somebody WILL be getting a smaller bonus this year...

Not really, they aren't going to loose money over the port ( it didn't cost them a fortune to add 5 tonics to the PS3 version LOL and the DLC still isn't released).

What they are probably kicking themselves over is for going exclusive last year.

Seeing how so much better a game like DeadSpace is doing on the PS3 because of a simultaneous release...

What this show is that exclusive timed release that include huge delays between platform and a cheap PC release in between are probably not that great of an idea...( but you could have guessed that without having a PhD)

Not releasing last year on the PS3 while the platform only had 1 really serious FPS for the Holyday ( CoD4) and delaying 1 year to release at the same time as Dead Space and Re2 is probably not the best idea they had either...

Agreed. I hope they've learnt their lesson and don't wait OVER A YEAR to put BioShock 2 on the PS3. I'm going to say same day release, no amount of money Microsoft chucks at them is going to change that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective