By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock= Not an AAA game.

WOOOOOO you show him, what a joke.

I played the demo and thought it was okay, I don't like creepy games in general though, so I'll pass.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:

I just finished Bioshock for the PS3 and I was very confused at what makes the game so special.

It's not a very challenging game- sometimes I purposley die so I don't have to waste health packs. There is tons of ammo in the game. It's just a really easy game.

Innovative? Not really. Guns, some powers that aren't original, and un-original enemies. I feel like I've played the game many times before. The graphics are good, but I'm not a graphics hound so I don't care much. The Big Daddies are cool enemies, and I enjoy the Little Sisters... but that's really it. The story is trying to be good, and it isn't so bad. Could of been better.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it deserves around an 8 to an 8.5, but really, no more. I enjoyed every second of it, but it's not an amazing game. Opinions?

It's the narrative that makes it so great, imo. I love it. In my top 10 this gen, no doubt, maybe number 1 or 2.

To me, this is one of the "must play" games of this generation.

....also, like me, I think you simply may not have understood the entire story. It's quite intricate, and I'd say 1 out of 10 people actually do understand everything that went on in Rapture. Check out the story explainations over at gamefaqs, they will be really revealing.

It's like saying the story in "Moby Dick" could have been better. It is far more likely that you simply misunderstood the themes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The game is good but not great. It starts getting repetitive later in the game and after the confrontation with Ryan the game just drags on and on and on. You wish it would have ended after that.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

When i played the game i always thought they could of expanded on the story more, or showed videos of what happened instead of just the voice clips. I'm sure we can all think of great moments we listened to on the tapes but wanted to see.

Griffin said:
When i played the game i always thought they could of expanded on the story more, or showed videos of what happened instead of just the voice clips. I'm sure we can all think of great moments we listened to on the tapes but wanted to see.

It would have broken the entire mood of the game if they showed what happened previously. The whole point is you arriving in Rapture, seemingly unaware of what happened, and having to piece together a crude story through tape recorders and tales. Nothing in Bioshock takes place outside of the scope of your character. Plus, most people are saying that's what the sequel's going to do, show the downfall of Rapture first hand.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
theprof00 said:
guys just look at the op. It's not his fault the wii has so many spectacular games that it makes ps3 AAA games look more like A games...

I'm being facetious so don't get so upset.

sorry that the PS3 is suckish. the Wii AAA titles own it in every aspect.

but seriously, I've seen Bioshock-like-games on the PS2 that make Bioshock just seem like a repeat...

maybe it's just because most 360 gamers are just really knew to gaming so they haven't seen these games already

WTF, lol? Dude, you just lost me. What games on the PS2 are like Bioshock?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ail said:
heruamon said:
All i know is this...2K games is kicking themselves right now over the effort for this port...and the special adds to make this game more "special" than the 360 version. The game is barely going to crack 100K WW, and maybe 200K LTD...OUCH doesn't begin to describe this failure to port the game. Somebody WILL be getting a smaller bonus this year...

Not really, they aren't going to loose money over the port ( it didn't cost them a fortune to add 5 tonics to the PS3 version LOL and the DLC still isn't released).

What they are probably kicking themselves over is for going exclusive last year.

Seeing how so much better a game like DeadSpace is doing on the PS3 because of a simultaneous release...

What this show is that exclusive timed release that include huge delays between platform and a cheap PC release in between are probably not that great of an idea...( but you could have guessed that without having a PhD)

Not releasing last year on the PS3 while the platform only had 1 really serious FPS for the Holyday ( CoD4) and delaying 1 year to release at the same time as Dead Space and Re2 is probably not the best idea they had either...

Wait, what? The best BioShock version is definetly the PC one, which also released last year at the same time.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
heruamon said:
All i know is this...2K games is kicking themselves right now over the effort for this port...and the special adds to make this game more "special" than the 360 version. The game is barely going to crack 100K WW, and maybe 200K LTD...OUCH doesn't begin to describe this failure to port the game. Somebody WILL be getting a smaller bonus this year...

Not really, they aren't going to loose money over the port ( it didn't cost them a fortune to add 5 tonics to the PS3 version LOL and the DLC still isn't released).

What they are probably kicking themselves over is for going exclusive last year.

Seeing how so much better a game like DeadSpace is doing on the PS3 because of a simultaneous release...

What this show is that exclusive timed release that include huge delays between platform and a cheap PC release in between are probably not that great of an idea...( but you could have guessed that without having a PhD)

Not releasing last year on the PS3 while the platform only had 1 really serious FPS for the Holyday ( CoD4) and delaying 1 year to release at the same time as Dead Space and Re2 is probably not the best idea they had either...

Wait, what? The best BioShock version is definetly the PC one, which also released last year at the same time.....

AGREED!

...and since we're using our own opinion to justify AAA games, instead of a quantifiable traditional method....if Bioshock isn't a AAA game, I've never played one.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It was AAA. My only gripe is that big daddys were way to easy to kill. They were so ominous. Scary. Yet never hard to kill.