By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock= Not an AAA game.

Solid story and good graphics, keep in mind this was originally launched last year and before Halo3 and CoD4, had it been release afterward it probably wouldn't have fared so well.

Around the Network
woj said:
Bioshock is definitely AAA title, period.

Pretty much. Doesn't matter which console, Bioshock kicks ass.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Its AAA, but the ending is kind of disappointing. All in all the game is very solid. Maybe a little overhyped, but AAA nonetheless.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

No way it was awesome all around. It was very fun on survival mode, and if you think it was easy you clearly weren't playing on survivor with the no vita chambers option. Fights with big daddys, especially the later ones, are flat out brutal unless you cheat heavily (finding a point they can't path to, which in itself isn't easy esp with the ranged guns ones, or just using a bunch of proximity mines in a straight line down a hall).

The story was easily the best in a video game ever. Seriously, the story would even make a AAA movie if casted right. Ryan particularly was an interesting and well developed character who I really liked despite his flaws. It becomes rather clear through the course of the game that while Ryan was indeed a bit of a meglomaniac Rapture's collapse was far from his doing.

Seriously though, everything in it was AAA, the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the acting....everything. The only single downside was that it ended eventually. It is easily the best single player FPS game, yes even better then COD4 (COD4 is great for the multiplayer mainly).

Fallout 3 might be the first game to be better. I'm playing Fallout right now and it is pretty damn good (though MAN did they F up the PS3 version. I mean Oblivion was made better for the PS3, wtf? They know how to program on the PS3 so how did they cough this up?)

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Solid story, nice way to upgrade your character beyond the usual weapons upgrade, decent graphics.
As for difficulty, you can adjust it, so if it's a factor try the harder modes...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

guys just look at the op. It's not his fault the wii has so many spectacular games that it makes ps3 AAA games look more like A games...

I'm being facetious so don't get so upset.

Am buying the game for the Story that I understand is supposed to be freakishly awesome. And I played the demo, game play feels really nice.

4 ≈ One

A lot of the game for me was the atmosphere. Playing at night time with no lights adds a lot, and you can get scared a few times while playing. And it's a pretty enjoyable game as well.

Different strokes for different blokes, as I always say.

Oh! That's what a AAA game is, any game you like! Well that was easy.

i freaking love the game to death.
Graphics gameplay...everything is just great.
the story was something else. Ill never forget what happened in ryans office. man great quote.

btw you can make the game as hard as u want. I put it to myself that if i die i have to reload. Sure it was made to be easy but make it hard for yourself yea?

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!