By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock= Not an AAA game.

my first playthrough was in hard mode, so I used the vita chamber like 100 times, big daddys are so difficult. Bioshock is not easy. and is a AAA game.

F.U. Fun University.

Around the Network

It certainly seemed like an AAA game to me.

I bought Bioshock for the PS3 and have to say that it's one of the best games I've played in recent times... For me, it's up there with MGS4 and The Orange Box... Really enjoyed the game. The AI is awesome! Big Daddies are crazzy awesome! Atmosphere and gameplay are totally kick-ass and it's way better then all those other generic WO2 and futuresque shooters like Resistance 1. This is way better! I enjoyed it! And now I'm back to playing it on legendary!

However, you make dislike the game. no problem! It's just a pitty! It's totally awesome!

THE NETHERLANDS

OK, to you its not AAA, but don't say the game isn't!

i like it but i feel that there is so much repeative missions & things on it

Around the Network
heruamon said:
All i know is this...2K games is kicking themselves right now over the effort for this port...and the special adds to make this game more "special" than the 360 version. The game is barely going to crack 100K WW, and maybe 200K LTD...OUCH doesn't begin to describe this failure to port the game. Somebody WILL be getting a smaller bonus this year...

Not really, they aren't going to loose money over the port ( it didn't cost them a fortune to add 5 tonics to the PS3 version LOL and the DLC still isn't released).

What they are probably kicking themselves over is for going exclusive last year.

Seeing how so much better a game like DeadSpace is doing on the PS3 because of a simultaneous release...

What this show is that exclusive timed release that include huge delays between platform and a cheap PC release in between are probably not that great of an idea...( but you could have guessed that without having a PhD)

Not releasing last year on the PS3 while the platform only had 1 really serious FPS for the Holyday ( CoD4) and delaying 1 year to release at the same time as Dead Space and Re2 is probably not the best idea they had either...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

BioShock was a AAA title a year ago but now I would say there are better shooters than BioShock.

heruamon said:
All i know is this...2K games is kicking themselves right now over the effort for this port...and the special adds to make this game more "special" than the 360 version. The game is barely going to crack 100K WW, and maybe 200K LTD...OUCH doesn't begin to describe this failure to port the game. Somebody WILL be getting a smaller bonus this year...

Ummm even 100k in sales would net them something like 2-3million dollars. 200k and they are probably close to breaking 5million for something that probably cost them 100k.

That doesn't even begin to describe this failure to mock the game. Somebody WILL be getting a bad reputation this year.

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I just finished Bioshock for the PS3 and I was very confused at what makes the game so special.

It's not a very challenging game- sometimes I purposley die so I don't have to waste health packs. There is tons of ammo in the game. It's just a really easy game.

Innovative? Not really. Guns, some powers that aren't original, and un-original enemies. I feel like I've played the game many times before. The graphics are good, but I'm not a graphics hound so I don't care much. The Big Daddies are cool enemies, and I enjoy the Little Sisters... but that's really it. The story is trying to be good, and it isn't so bad. Could of been better.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it deserves around an 8 to an 8.5, but really, no more. I enjoyed every second of it, but it's not an amazing game. Opinions?

i got to arcadia section where i had to collect ingrediants to restore that mist, lol i traded it back in

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Phoenix_Wiight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
theprof00 said:
guys just look at the op. It's not his fault the wii has so many spectacular games that it makes ps3 AAA games look more like A games...

I'm being facetious so don't get so upset.

sorry that the PS3 is suckish. the Wii AAA titles own it in every aspect.

but seriously, I've seen Bioshock-like-games on the PS2 that make Bioshock just seem like a repeat...

maybe it's just because most 360 gamers are just really knew to gaming so they haven't seen these games already

Please stop. You are failing...so...hard. Stop while you're ahead.

please.... stop... you already failed so hard =/

this thread wasn't made for arguing, so don't

How did I fail? I'm not making blanket statements and claiming that they're correct because I say so.

And you're really telling me what to do? Now that's funny.