By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock= Not an AAA game.

I just finished Bioshock for the PS3 and I was very confused at what makes the game so special.

It's not a very challenging game- sometimes I purposley die so I don't have to waste health packs. There is tons of ammo in the game. It's just a really easy game.

Innovative? Not really. Guns, some powers that aren't original, and un-original enemies. I feel like I've played the game many times before. The graphics are good, but I'm not a graphics hound so I don't care much. The Big Daddies are cool enemies, and I enjoy the Little Sisters... but that's really it. The story is trying to be good, and it isn't so bad. Could of been better.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it deserves around an 8 to an 8.5, but really, no more. I enjoyed every second of it, but it's not an amazing game. Opinions?

Around the Network

well it was a xbox exclusive before, with pretty graphic and high rating.

i only played the demo, but it looked like a fine game.

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I just finished Bioshock for the PS3 and I was very confused at what makes the game so special.

It's not a very challenging game- sometimes I purposley die so I don't have to waste health packs. There is tons of ammo in the game. It's just a really easy game.

Innovative? Not really. Guns, some powers that aren't original, and un-original enemies. I feel like I've played the game many times before. The graphics are good, but I'm not a graphics hound so I don't care much. The Big Daddies are cool enemies, and I enjoy the Little Sisters... but that's really it. The story is trying to be good, and it isn't so bad. Could of been better.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it deserves around an 8 to an 8.5, but really, no more. I enjoyed every second of it, but it's not an amazing game. Opinions?

let's be honest here.... most people are know better not to judge a game based on one review... and yours is not even qualify as "review". ;)

Heck, I never understood why people would consider SSBB an AAA game, it's just a world of 'majority rules'.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Bioshock is definitely AAA title, period.

What i like about Bioshock (i have it on PC) is the story and the graphics (especially the water, is really good)... For me the gameplay is good but not great and there's no challenge (that's why i'm thinking about the new hard settings on the PS3 version, but i don't know if it's worth my money)...

Around the Network

I wasn't reviewing the game, I'm trying to understand why people consider it an AAA game (or some people, anyway. Reviews were in the 80s ranger werent they?)

Phoenix_Wiight said:
I wasn't reviewing the game, I'm trying to understand why people consider it an AAA game (or some people, anyway. Reviews were in the 80s ranger werent they?)

go check out reviews scores and you will see what they are.

And actually go read what reviewers have to say... a score is just a score, reviewers don't go on for pages on their reviews for no reason.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Phoenix_Wiight said:

It's considered triple A title because if you compare it to games like Resistance of Killzone that are 100 times more monotonous and easy and other randomly generated FPS on the PS3 then yes, its a damn AAA title

What are you looking at, nerd?

I played through Bioshock on the PC and was left disappointed. I too can't see what makes this watered down System Shock 2 wannabe a AAA game.

StanGable said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:

It's considered triple A title because if you compare it to games like Resistance of Killzone that are 100 times more monotonous and easy and other randomly generated FPS on the PS3 then yes, its a damn AAA title

ugh