By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

Skeeuk said:
i highly doubt resistance 2 will aggregate higher than gears 2.

both games will be heavily fanboy reviewed, one will be reviewed up and one down.

to be honest with you i can picture resistance 2 aggregating at 89 or something like that

but it dont matter the game is awsome, and its my shooter for 2008

yah like me i will get it even if its get 80.

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

both games will be heavily fanboy reviewed, one will be reviewed up and one down.

to be honest with you i can picture resistance 2 aggregating at 89 or something like that

what pissed me off on gears 2 review is they highly praise multiplayer on some sites, saying its the best part, but on res2 review they talk down on its multiplayer. which is the most innovotive multiplayer ever made on consoles.

i think once all reviews are in it will keep at 90 - 91 with gears having 93 to 94, but i wouldnt be suprised if R2 came in at 89

i hate fanboy reviewers the most

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

what pissed me off on gears 2 review is they highly praise multiplayer on some sites, saying its the best part, but on res2 review they talk down on its multiplayer. which is the most innovotive multiplayer ever made on consoles.

i think once all reviews are in it will keep at 90 - 91 with gears having 93 to 94, but i wouldnt be suprised if R2 came in at 89

Having 60 players is not innovative. Also exp in a FPS. No. You then have the problem of those who work get left behind.

Playing 60+ players on PC online wasnt that great. The best online FPS are games with good maps. That is 100% the main factor.

Skeeuk said:
NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

Fanboys aren't reviewing the game, and reviewers aren't corrupt. I've been telling you for a while, bullet points don't equal fun. Over-crowding a map for multiplayer sucks. It's not an innovative achievement. Having as many people as possible isn't good. It's a clusterf^&k. There is a thing called balance.

Now, Gears 2 apparently has a fun balance. Cliffy knows what he's doing in the multiplayer arena. Good for him. Good G2 reviews shouldn't piss you off. The reviewers aren't fanboys, and perhaps some of the things they are saying are valid.

To put it in context, it's like you saying that Donkey Kong would have been better if they doubled the number of fireballs and barrels, and such a change in the game could be nothing but excellent and good.

Sometimes, adding bad bullet points takes away from a game, instead of adding to it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

TBH, I'm glad I'm away from all this FPS hype / wars being in Japan.

Gears 2 will get higher review than R2. It's just the way it works, even if both are equally good games (which it looks like they are).

Still, for me, Valkyria Chronicles, Last Remnant, WKC, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, TR Underworld have to be bought before I get either of these titles. Just my gaming preference.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
megaman2 said:
dbot said:
It will not and GeoW2 will sell more.

I must disagree it will sell more but i really feel that gow2 is not a huge improvement compared to resistance 2.

and if you dont agree state your reason dont just post such a pointless thread, thank you

you know why it isnt a huge improvement 

as the saying goes why fix what isnt broken?

R1 had many issues 

GeOW 1 didnt therefore had less to fix alot less

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

FinalEvangelion said:

Gears 2 will get higher review than R2. It's just the way it works, even if both are equally good games (which it looks like they are).

Still, for me, Valkyria Chronicles, Last Remnant, WKC, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, TR Underworld have to be bought before I get either of these titles. Just my gaming preference.

Unfortunately, IGN took that cop-out as well. Gears 1 was about as good of a shooter as I've played. Looks like Gears 2 is as good. It seems impossible that R2 could be better, but it could be equal. I doubt you'll get a lot of reviewers saying KZ2 is better than Gears.

Anyway, reviews don't matter. I'm just saying that yes, these games qualities are opinion, and if you've never played either one, you can't form a valid one. However, while saying "they are both equally good"  and a very nice thought by you(which i appreciate), it's still an invalid opinion. Everyone who plays these games will prefer one over the other. Honest opiinions, even fanboy ones, are better than cop-outs. To me, IGN did a worse thing than when they gave those games 10/10s. They are bleeding credibility. Gamespot will probably pull the same crap.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Gears 2 - 94 after 23 reviews.

R2 - 89 after 10 reviews.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Unfortunately, IGN took that cop-out as well. Gears 1 was about as good of a shooter as I've played. Looks like Gears 2 is as good. It seems impossible that R2 could be better, but it could be equal. I doubt you'll get a lot of reviewers saying KZ2 is better than Gears.

Anyway, reviews don't matter. I'm just saying that yes, these games qualities are opinion, and if you've never played either one, you can't form a valid one. However, while saying "they are both equally good"  and a very nice thought by you(which i appreciate), it's still an invalid opinion. Everyone who plays these games will prefer one over the other. Honest opiinions, even fanboy ones, are better than cop-outs. To me, IGN did a worse thing than when they gave those games 10/10s. They are bleeding credibility. Gamespot will probably pull the same crap.

Wait, so IGN are cop-outs for saying the games are equal? Are they cop-outs for giving Guitar Hero II, Tools of Destruction, Gears of War and Halo 3 the same score? First, you say reviews don't matter, then you say that the sole purpose of IGN is to say "X PS3 game is better than Y 360 game". You seriously think they gave the two games the same score because they didn't want to OFFEND people? That is just plain ridiculous.

But you're right. People will like one game more than the other. The job of a reviewer is not to fill the 4 pages with opinion, a GOOD reviewer gives facts, and then some opinions at the end. The two games are technically equal, but of course, some people prefer third person, some first. Some people prefer 360 controls, some prefer PS3 controls. You will never have a review that pleases everyone, you will never have a game that is anjoyed by anyone. There are probably people in this world who think Haze is better than MGS4. Who think Too Human is better than Halo 3. Who think Resistance 2 is better than Gears 2. Who think Gears 2 is better than Resistance 2.

The same person did not review Resistance 2 and Gears 2, you know that, right? The first reviewer could have hated Gears 2, the second could have hated Resistance 2. And even if it was a same person, their opinion is invalid because they say they are equally good? I say God of War and Oblivion are equally good, just in different ways. They're both among my favourite games, they're both in my top five. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other, and some like them both equally. So their opinion is invalid?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Wait, so IGN are cop-outs for saying the games are equal? Are they cop-outs for giving Guitar Hero II, Tools of Destruction, Gears of War and Halo 3 the same score? First, you say reviews don't matter, then you say that the sole purpose of IGN is to say "X PS3 game is better than Y 360 game". You seriously think they gave the two games the same score because they didn't want to OFFEND people? That is just plain ridiculous.

But you're right. People will like one game more than the other. The job of a reviewer is not to fill the 4 pages with opinion, a GOOD reviewer gives facts, and then some opinions at the end. The two games are technically equal, but of course, some people prefer third person, some first. Some people prefer 360 controls, some prefer PS3 controls. You will never have a review that pleases everyone, you will never have a game that is anjoyed by anyone. There are probably people in this world who think Haze is better than MGS4. Who think Too Human is better than Halo 3. Who think Resistance 2 is better than Gears 2. Who think Gears 2 is better than Resistance 2.

The same person did not review Resistance 2 and Gears 2, you know that, right? The first reviewer could have hated Gears 2, the second could have hated Resistance 2. And even if it was a same person, their opinion is invalid because they say they are equally good? I say God of War and Oblivion are equally good, just in different ways. They're both among my favourite games, they're both in my top five. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other, and some like them both equally. So their opinion is invalid?

1. Opinions are invalide when they aren't opinions, but assumptions. If some one has never played either game, they don't have an opinion about the, they have an assumption. In your example, if you said Oblivion and God of War are just as good, but you had never played Oblivion, then that would be an assumption. Invalid.

2. Hell yes, I believe IGN tied these games on purpose. Maybe to be fair and balanced, maybe because the teams made a deal with each other, so they wouldn't over-rate, but yes. There are a million reasons to tie it, and none to name a winner, because it would do nothing but get a large mob of fanboys with assumptions to discredit them. If the games were close, I have no doubt that it was debated on how to score them against each other. IGN doesnt' use an averaging system. The reviewers could give those games any final scores they wanted. You think those scores weren't even discussed before they were posted? Most people realize that this was probably(but unprovably) a cop-out by IGN. The motives are obvious, and real. You sir, are naive if you believe that is impossible.

3. All reviews are opinion. Facts and bullet points mean nothing. Reviewers don't score games based on the positives and negatives you can come up with. Giving that information in a review is fine. The important thing is if the game came together in a cohesive and immersive package. That, my friend, is all a score means. An opinion. A critic without an opinion is like a carpenter without a hammer. Being able to look past ones own opinion and score a game based on what general fans of the games opinion would be, is what Famitsu does. Nobody is ever completely unbiased, and attempting such will inevitably lead to misratings of games by overcompensation.

NO NO, NO NO NO.