Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its fanboyish now to consider PS3 has no games

So it wasn't before?

Guess I missed that boat...

Oh well if you say so.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

It's fanboyish to say it's fanboyish now to consider the PS3 has no games.

Acevil said:

Guess I'm a minority, I own a ps3 and I still think it lacks games that I want. Out of my consoles I have 30 360 games, 15 wii games and 2 ps3 games. One of the ps3 games I can't even play for awhile until server problems are fixed.

1. You have an Xbox as well, so you could still say that there is a slight lack of PS3 exclusives maybe.....

2. You don't have Uncharted, why not?

3. Your collection on 360 seems to indicate that you are an RPG fan, and that is certainly an area that PS3 is lacking

4. I assume you only got the PS3 recently, so achievements will mean that you will get games on the Xbox more, and generally choose the Xbox franchises over the PS3 franchises, so no Resistance or Motorstorm

Is that fair?

Euphoria14 said:

I believe so. If your worried about Metacritic score being 1 point lower, take into consideration Gamepro has not even rated the PS3 version (which would most likely recieve a 100 as well) as well as many other review sites that seem to have only reviewed the 360 version.

Other than the slightly sharper image, there is no real differences between the two. "PS3" Obsidian Suit DLC (which is free) also looks a lot better than the "360" Elite Suit DLC (also free).

Good grief! this free download is only available for two weeks from OCT 14th... which means it ends today. I'm going to go home and download it... even though i don't have the game yet.

OT: i mostly get games for the ps3 because my friends have that console. but i get FPS and exclusives for the xb360 because my coworkers have that console.

i'm a console whore.

Really though, if you have a 360 (or gaming PC) already, there's not much of a reason to own a PS3.

Plus, it comes down a lot to personal taste. My taste in games leans heavily toward platformers, immersive FPSs, turn-based strategy, horror, and artsy, "avant-garde" games - meaning that the only PS3 exclusives I'm really interested in are Ratchet, LBP, and a few PSN games (Flow, echochrome, Siren, and, uh...) Everything else is satisfied by my cheaper 360.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I haven't heard anyone say that since late 2007.
The only console lacking games nowadays is Wii.

This is kind of true. But for people who absolutely love nintendo games its not lacking for them. I've brought Super smash and Metroid prime and put them down within the first week. Both for me were so boring.

I don't absolutely love Nintendo games and I think Wii has a lot of games. I think you're right to talk about tastes because the PS3 has mostly violent games, sports games, racing games and Little Big Planet.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

You better have left MGS4 out unintentionally...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

EDIT: Nevermind.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Its also Fanboyish to say that all 360 RROD.

Garnett said:
Its also Fanboyish to say that all 360 RROD.

Mine hasn't RROD and I've had mine since December 2006!!!

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.