By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its fanboyish now to consider PS3 has no games

ultimate_123 said:
Munkeh111 said:
It was fanboyish last year as well

Maybe you could say but the ammount of great-excellent games on the 360 compared to the ps3 was just crazy. Now I think its about leveled off (Still the edge just going to the 360) in terms of games. Its now down to personal taste.

The problem is although the PS3 is getting some good games this year, your forgetting the 360 is as well. So the gap hasnt closed. I will pick up a PS3 one day but only when it's around £150. Put it this way, I could get one for christmas or I could get Gears 2, Fable 2, Banjo, Far Cry 2, TLR and Lips (for parties with friends) all for well under the price of a PS3. Add to that my exsisting catalogue of 360 games and there is no reason to purchase a PS3 now. PS3's big hits are seemingly FPS's, but I have plenty of FPS's. Yeah I could get MGS4, Uncharted and Resistance 1 and 2. But they are the only exclusives I would consider buying.

I already own

Forza 2

Dead Rising

Lost Odyssey

Blue Dragon

Halo 3

Gears 1

Fifa 08

Ninja Gaiden 2

Football Manager 2008

Cod 4

Kameo

Condemned

Rainbow six V

Ghost Recon

Mass Effect

Bioshock

GTA 4

Oblivion

Burnout Paradise

PGR 4

Most of those games are the best in their category this gen. I had all those on day 1 and didnt have to wait 6-12 months for them to be ported. Genuinely dont see the benefit of buying a PS3 for £300 right now.

Around the Network

Kameo would be the best in what category?

Torillian said:

Funny, I said most of those games. Do you like to cherry pick?

selnor said:
Torillian said:

Explain Blue Dragon and NG 2 then.

selnor said:
ultimate_123 said:
Munkeh111 said:
It was fanboyish last year as well

Maybe you could say but the ammount of great-excellent games on the 360 compared to the ps3 was just crazy. Now I think its about leveled off (Still the edge just going to the 360) in terms of games. Its now down to personal taste.

The problem is although the PS3 is getting some good games this year, your forgetting the 360 is as well. So the gap hasnt closed. I will pick up a PS3 one day but only when it's around £150. Put it this way, I could get one for christmas or I could get Gears 2, Fable 2, Banjo, Far Cry 2, TLR and Lips (for parties with friends) all for well under the price of a PS3. Add to that my exsisting catalogue of 360 games and there is no reason to purchase a PS3 now. PS3's big hits are seemingly FPS's, but I have plenty of FPS's. Yeah I could get MGS4, Uncharted and Resistance 1 and 2. But they are the only exclusives I would consider buying.

I already own

Forza 2

Dead Rising

Lost Odyssey

Blue Dragon

Halo 3

Gears 1

Fifa 08

Ninja Gaiden 2

Football Manager 2008

Cod 4

Kameo

Condemned

Rainbow six V

Ghost Recon

Mass Effect

Bioshock

GTA 4

Oblivion

Burnout Paradise

PGR 4

Most of those games are the best in their category this gen. I had all those on day 1 and didnt have to wait 6-12 months for them to be ported. Genuinely dont see the benefit of buying a PS3 for £300 right now.

Well it is different coming from being an Xbox owner, and of course it matter how much you value Sony's 1st party games. There is difference between it having no games, and not having enough to entice an Xbox owner into getting both

Around the Network

It is also fanboyish to claim the PS3 has a better game library than the 360...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Beja-Beja said:
selnor said:
Torillian said:

Explain Blue Dragon and NG 2 then.

Well I dont need to argue RPG's, because well you should know the 360 wins there. But NG2? It's easily the best hack n slash series. And far better than DMC4 which I owned but took back. It's speed alone deserves a medal. My point is variety my friend. the 360 has alot more variety. I'm not willing to trade my cash for HS??? same category but not as good. NGS? I already own NG.

starcraft said:
You are right, it's been over a year since that argument died.

The existing argument is simply that the PS3 doesn't have as good a library of great games as other consoles, not that it's library of good games is non-existent.

I too agree that there is a problem with the Wii's 2008 holiday line-up though, and thats coming from a guy that owns the console.

I disagree...very much.

Heh.Wait till next year when huge titles comes to Ps3.Then make this thread,these new games are still pretty uknow to most of people.

Take my love, take my land..

I would say that with

Resistance
Resistance 2
Motorstorm
Motorstorm 2
Little Big Planet
Fallout 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Oblivion
Rock Band 1 & 2
Guitar Hero 3
Singstar
Buzz
Wipeout HD
Dead Space
Fifa 09 y 09
PES 2008 & 2009
Madden 09
NBA 2K 08 & 09
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Saints Rows 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Siren Blood Curse
Warhawk
Burnout Paradise
Colin Mc Raer DIRT
Race Driver GRID
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Eye of Judgement
Valkyrie of the Battlefield
Disgaea 3
Call of Duty 4
Assasins Creed
Everybodys Gold Out of Bounds
Soul Calibur IV
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3
Folklore
Eternal Sonata
Bioshock
Unreal 3
GRAW 2
Yakuza Kenzan
Condemned 2
Civilization Revolution
NHL 09
MLB The Show 2008
Far Cry 2
Heavenly Sword
Midnight Club LA
Pure
Battlefield Bad Company

Plus on PSN

Eco Chrome
Pixel Junk Monsters
Pixel Junk Eden
Calling All Cars
Quest for Booty
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
Everydays Shooter
The Last Guy
Bionic Commando Rearmed
SOCOM Retribution
Prince of Persia Classic
Puzzle Quest;Challenge of the Warlords
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Plus dozens and dozens of good games ;Dark Sector ,Viking ,Mercenaries 2,Marvel Ultimate Alliance ,Sega Rally Revolution ,Lego Batman ,Lego Star Wars ,Lego Indiana Jones ,Armored Core 4 FA ,NBA Homecourt ,Brothers in Arms Hells Highway ,The Darkness ,Call of Duty 3,Dragonball Z Burst Limit ...and many more ..

....all this right now on the shelves and the PSN its a very stupid thing to keep saying that "PS3 has no games " arguement .