By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Japan sales this week? LBP, GTAIV, 80GB.

I agree with Starcrafts 40k prediction.

Though i think that if PS3 had a price drop in Japan it could of shifted close to 100k units... its the price that holding back customers imo...

Around the Network

20k, 25k at best

I dont expect a lot much

Time to Work !

GTA4 will sell on 360...

LBP nope

80Go who cares ?

around 15.000 units ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

40k would be a huge improvement over the last weeks - I'm a bit more pessimistic on that right now, but obviously I'd be very pleased if it really managed to do that well

The Japanese aren't great fans of GTA, although San Andreas got pretty respectable sales (bearing in mind, of course, that the number of PS2's then was at least four times those in use now). Of course, when you look at the fact that San Andreas is the best selling game of the last two generations, you see what a small percentage of the sales were found in Japan. I say an optimistic first week for GTA4 in Japan would be 100k.

LBP is a wildcard. Yes, it's a western game, but I think it can go over well- that kind of deceptively casual thing seems to go over well in Japan. It's safe to assume 150k.

Of course, GTA4 is not a PS3 exclusive in Japan (is it?) so that won't be much of a bump, but I still say 20k would be a reasonable sales figure for the PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:

The Japanese aren't great fans of GTA, although San Andreas got pretty respectable sales (bearing in mind, of course, that the number of PS2's then was at least four times those in use now). Of course, when you look at the fact that San Andreas is the best selling game of the last two generations, you see what a small percentage of the sales were found in Japan. I say an optimistic first week for GTA4 in Japan would be 100k.

LBP is a wildcard. Yes, it's a western game, but I think it can go over well- that kind of deceptively casual thing seems to go over well in Japan. It's safe to assume 150k.

Of course, GTA4 is not a PS3 exclusive in Japan (is it?) so that won't be much of a bump, but I still say 20k would be a reasonable sales figure for the PS3.

thats what everyone said about mgs4 and how lucky it would be o break 500k Lifetime

If you were to advertise two games to the Japanese people.

On your left hand is this cute sackboy in LBP, you can dress him up, you can create things, you can create a world of peace, sharing, and possibly caring too. Anything that has cute and cuddly and Japanese love those things. If its cute, they would buy it.

On on your right hand is the awesome GTA IV loaded with guns, sex, money, drugs, stealing, killing, raping, cars, and anything that can destroy and corrupt the minds (especially young ones). It is the totally opposite of the game in your left hand. Japan is known for the low crimes and stray away from violence if possible. gee... you think this game will be any good for the country? No.

So don't be thinking GTA IV will be a factor to selling in Japan (it will sell a decent amount but not a lot), LBP would better the advantage this week.

25-30k maximum

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

what's with all the 20k+ predictions? am i missing something here? i don't think it will push that much h/w

Given the low starting point, I wouldn't bet on exceptional sales, but definitely good ones yes, and if we were far from Xmas, a permanent boost after the surge of at least 5k, but being close to it, after the surge there should be higher sales than the rest of the year anyway, so we won't be able to tell permanent effects until 2009.
But I'd bet most Japanese are waiting for slim model and price cut, so we won't see a really big boost this year (but then, I have high chances to be wrong, who can predict Japan? ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!