By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Japan sales this week? LBP, GTAIV, 80GB.

Neos said:
I now realize what starcraft is doing =P

he is predicting high and hopes all other people will do as well so he can come back to this thread after and serve crow to others! (I was even being generous with my prediction)

=D

Duh!

He accused me of doing the same thing before. 

That way he can say it performed "below expectations".  Watch that be his exact wording.  In fact, he's doing it right now in the Fable 2 predictions thread.  He predicted a paltry 500k so when it does better he can say it did "above expectations".  lol.

Starcraft takes this so serious.  lol.

Around the Network

Any form of improvment will be good for the PS3 because last few weeks the numbers have been real bad. The rise will occur the question is for how long? 35k would be good.

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

he is predicting high and hopes all other people will do as well so he can come back to this thread after and serve crow to others! (I was even being generous with my prediction)

=D

Duh!

That way he can say it performed "below expectations".  Watch that be his exact wording.  In fact, he's doing it right now in the Fable 2 predictions thread.  He predicted a paltry 500k so when it does better he can say it did "above expectations".  lol.

Just a few months back the PS3 was easily reaching 40k due to software support.

Don't be so pessimistic.  We need HD support from the Japanese.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

=D

Duh!

"Just a few months back, PS3 was easily reaching 40k due to software support, now with LBP, the LBP bundle, and the 80 gig PS3, it can't even do that."

Exact line on next weeks JP sales.  lolxD

DOATS1 said:
what's with all the 20k+ predictions? am i missing something here? i don't think it will push that much h/w

You are amazed at that?  I am more amazed at how there are so many 40k redictions.  How many times since after the launch period has PS3 even sold 40k in one week?  I'm guessing no more than twice - once when MGS4 released and once in the weeks after Galaxy was released when I recall it had a huge spike (maybe there was a massive price cut and massive game). 

I would predict about 18k for the week.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

=D

Duh!

"Just a few months back, PS3 was easily reaching 40k due to software support, now with LBP, the LBP bundle, and the 80 gig PS3, it can't even do that."

There's a bundle?

Wow, 40k be damned.

PSP-3000 like numbers can be expected for PS3 this year.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

=D

Duh!

There's a bundle?

Wow, 40k be damned.

PSP-3000 like numbers can be expected for PS3 this year.

lol.

Whatever.

Starcraft is right. PS3 should be able to move 40k units based upon the software releases. However, I don't see them getting there, which is a further indication of the PS3's problem in Japan.

LOL, Starcraft is Sly. OT: Thats really a tough one i'm gonna say 65,000

You tell me I am sly for supposedly creating an artificially high prediction, then make one yourself more than 50% above my own...

Right.