By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Japan sales this week? LBP, GTAIV, 80GB.

starcraft said:
You tell me I am sly for supposedly creating an artificially high prediction, then make one yourself more than 50% above my own...

Right.

lol, i'm going to have to agree with starcraft on that.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
You tell me I am sly for supposedly creating an artificially high prediction, then make one yourself more than 50% above my own...

Right.

LOL what? I thought your slyness was funny, im not hating, it adds to the forums life. Anyway the difference is I Want the PS3 to do well, the same cannot be said of you.......... unfortunately >_>

starcraft said:

Right.

Agreed.

I'll say 30K but I think that's a little generous. The PS3 is fucked beyond belief in Japan, only FF13 can give it any chance of a resurrection.

blazinhead89 said:
starcraft said:

Right.

LOL what? I thought your slyness was funny, im not hating, it adds to the forums life. Anyway the difference is I Want the PS3 to do well, the same cannot be said of you.......... unfortunately >_>

So your prediction is based on what you fantisize will happen rather than on what you expect will happen

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

I love how people say the PS3 is in trouble in Japan yet there is no mention of how 360 is doing as though it is actually succeeding. 360 outsold PS3 6 weeks straight with JRPG and a huge price cut, PS3 outsold 360 in Japan for over 50 weeks yet the PS3 is in trouble?

I mean really, are people that short sighted or do they simply want to believe that the PS3 is dead in Japan whereas 360 is not? :/

Anyway LBP wont do anything for PS3 in Japan and same goes for the LBP bundles and GTA IV, LBP will not even get 2M LTD worldwide so it certainly wont help PS3 anywhere. The time the numbers will get a tremendous spike begins at the end of the year with WKC, after that the PS3 will most definitely not drop below the 10K with the FFAC bundle helping as well in March 09.

tuoyo said:
blazinhead89 said:
starcraft said:

Right.

So your prediction is based on what you fantisize will happen rather than on what you expect will happen

Of course im always the optimist. Instead of being negative all the time, Fuck sake some people can't have a laugh and take this site WAY to seriously >_>

Im interested in how the GT prologue Spec III will do its seems sony wants to invigorate life into the game in anticipation of GT5.

I predict 100K. Anything below that, then the PS3 will be performing "below expectations".

H/W
60k+ = beyond my expectations
40k+ = good
20k- = trouble

Based on the sales of amazon Japan (I know it is about the worst way to predictsales, but it is all I have avalible) I expect hardware to have a large boost. Before the 80GB sku was announced PS3 had not been in the top 100 for almost 2 months. Since the 80gb was annonced PS3 has had 3 skus that have yet to go above the 70th best on amazon with the black model staying below 40. Now they also added the LBP sku and it has been floating around the mid 70's.

S/W
GTA = 75k first day, 110k first week
LBP = 225k first day, 300k first week

I heard a few times that pre-orders are close to 70k for GTA so I expect these numbers to in the ballpark. LBP I have no idea. It has been in the top 25 on Amazon since I can remember, and it is sitting at #3 right now. I have a feeling LBP is going to go over well with the current PS3 owners. The thing that needs to happen after that is WoM. This game has a ton of potential in Japan. It could easly be either a semi success or the PS3's first Japan only million seller.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL