By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews Resistance 2 --- 9.5 /10

dbot said:
perpride said:
FUCK YES!!! INSOMNIAC YOU ARE MY FUCKING HEROES.

fuck yes.

Now we wait for gamespot.

Noooooo.  Gamespot is dead to me.

GameSpot giving this game a 9.5 would be amazing, because with the Gamespot sony game formula of 'take score, -1', that would mean the game is in fact a 10.5!

Seriously though, I will be shocked if they give it higher than a 9- Microsoft's bought them out.

I mean they gave TOD a 7.5, Uncharted an 8.0, and WipEout HD a 7.5, then gave Braid a 9.5. Uh huh, so not only is Braid better than TOD, it's TWO WHOLE POINTS better than TOD.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:
This review is up too early. Exclusive access = higher score.

ign don't have exclusive review access. opm uk reviewed it first.

Didn't OPM review an unfinished build? Metacritic isn't counting their score. I think that was just a beta impressions and there will be a proper (10/10?) review in the future.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:

Didn't OPM review an unfinished build? Metacritic isn't counting their score. I think that was just a beta impressions and there will be a proper (10/10?) review in the future.

as far as i know, the review hasn't been posted because the magazine hasn't been sent to subscribers yet. i'm a subscriber and i haven't got my copy yet. they also gave bioshock a 10, but that hasn't been counted on metacritic or game rankings either.

DOATS1 said:
Kantor said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:

as far as i know, the review hasn't been posted because the magazine hasn't been sent to subscribers yet. i'm a subscriber and i haven't got my copy yet. they also gave bioshock a 10, but that hasn't been counted on metacritic or game rankings either.

Really? The actual release date is tommorow, I was expecting my copy to be sitting on my doorstep when I got home

Kantor said:
dbot said:
perpride said:
FUCK YES!!! INSOMNIAC YOU ARE MY FUCKING HEROES.

fuck yes.

Now we wait for gamespot.

Noooooo.  Gamespot is dead to me.

GameSpot giving this game a 9.5 would be amazing, because with the Gamespot sony game formula of 'take score, -1', that would mean the game is in fact a 10.5!

Seriously though, I will be shocked if they give it higher than a 9- Microsoft's bought them out.

I mean they gave TOD a 7.5, Uncharted an 8.0, and WipEout HD a 7.5, then gave Braid a 9.5. Uh huh, so not only is Braid better than TOD, it's TWO WHOLE POINTS better than TOD.

gamespot will give R2 a 9.0 they will not go over that because of gears 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
DOATS1 said:
Kantor said:
DOATS1 said:
Squilliam said:

Really? The actual release date is tommorow, I was expecting my copy to be sitting on my doorstep when I got home

yep

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=1053037&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

and if you go to the last page, a member of staff from opm uk confirms the scores.

Squilliam said:
Reasonable said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

They also had an early Uncharted review last year, it was 9.1 as opposed to the gamerankings 90%, IGN are generally on the money (not folklore at all or Ratchet and Clank to a degree)

I kinda also think that a lot of reviewers in the industry take the IGN score and put their score in a range of +/- 5%. Its nothing against IGN, but it does seem that way.

But yea I was wrong there, still I don't trust when one or two sites get in too early.

Yet you never seem to complain when early 'exclusive' 360 reviews are high... favouritism?  Was the first GeOW2 review 'too early'?

I ignored it, Official Xbox magazine.

Ah, you ignored the 360 one but felt compelled to comment on the PS3 one... at least you're consistent.  Or did you get the dates wrong?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

gameplayer gives resistance 2 a 9.0

opm uk gives it 9/10

ign gives it 9.5

yeah baby!

Haven't been following development of this because I wasn't a big fan of the original, but does anyone know if R2 will support keyboard+mouse play like UTIII did?

Dryden said:
Haven't been following development of this because I wasn't a big fan of the original, but does anyone know if R2 will support keyboard+mouse play like UTIII did?

highly doubt it.