By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews Resistance 2 --- 9.5 /10

Insomniac! Always delivering.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:
This review is up too early. Exclusive access = higher score.

They also had an early Uncharted review last year, it was 9.1 as opposed to the gamerankings 90%, IGN are generally on the money (not folklore at all or Ratchet and Clank to a degree)

I kinda also think that a lot of reviewers in the industry take the IGN score and put their score in a range of +/- 5%. Its nothing against IGN, but it does seem that way.

But yea I was wrong there, still I don't trust when one or two sites get in too early.

It comes out a week from today. That's too early? Wow. And here I thought that was the average review listing for most games by both ign and many other sites. I supose you said the same thing when little big planet got reviews weeks early? And I'm sure it didn't get many good reviews following the first ones right? Oh, wait....that's right, it did.

Don't start spouting bs about good reviews for ps3 games unless you want equal judgement on your precious 360 games.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

They also had an early Uncharted review last year, it was 9.1 as opposed to the gamerankings 90%, IGN are generally on the money (not folklore at all or Ratchet and Clank to a degree)

I kinda also think that a lot of reviewers in the industry take the IGN score and put their score in a range of +/- 5%. Its nothing against IGN, but it does seem that way.

But yea I was wrong there, still I don't trust when one or two sites get in too early.

It comes out a week from today. That's too early? Wow. And here I thought that was the average review listing for most games by both ign and many other sites. I supose you said the same thing when little big planet got reviews weeks early? And I'm sure it didn't get many good reviews following the first ones right? Oh, wait....that's right, it did.

Don't start spouting bs about good reviews for ps3 games unless you want equal judgement on your precious 360 games.

Hi, im selling cookies for my school to raise money to buy us a roof for our pool. Do you want some?

Tease.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
dbot said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mirson said:
Resistance 2 is another top notch quality game that can only be found on PLAYSTATION®3. This holiday season is a great time for PS3 owners due to the plethora of titles that will be readily available by this holiday season. 2008 has truly been a year where PLAYSTATION®3 has hit it's stride in becoming the premiere platform for all gamers of all ages and genders.

Games the likeness of Resistance 2 can be found anywhere, save for the 300 ft monsters. I'll give you the 300 ft monsters.

You'll have to give Resistance 2 the 8 player online coop with a stand alone campaign.  I think it is the only title that on any console that offer it. 

60-player multiplayer ain't common, either.  Can't be just "found anywhere" even if a few other games have managed it.

OT I like the report of sustained high frame rates even with insane numbers of enemies onscreen.

not to mention the unique weapons, settings in the 50s aswell as a story that reprisents a alternate dimension where ww2 never happened but where a "alien" virus broke out. And your fighting it.

Check out my game about moles ^

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

Yet you never seem to complain when early 'exclusive' 360 reviews are high... favouritism?  Was the first GeOW2 review 'too early'?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

Yet you never seem to complain when early 'exclusive' 360 reviews are high... favouritism?  Was the first GeOW2 review 'too early'?

I ignored it, Official Xbox magazine.

Tease.

Only a 9.5?

tell u what i dunnno how insomniac managed 60 player online battles, it sure beats 5 on 5 battles

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well when KZ2 comes out to blow R2 out of the water I will be ready until then viva la resistance 2!

i can't wait for this game its gonna be amazing i didnt expect it to get that high of a score i thought lower 9's or upper 8's