By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews Resistance 2 --- 9.5 /10

Squilliam said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:
This review is up too early. Exclusive access = higher score.

They also had an early Uncharted review last year, it was 9.1 as opposed to the gamerankings 90%, IGN are generally on the money (not folklore at all or Ratchet and Clank to a degree)

I kinda also think that a lot of reviewers in the industry take the IGN score and put their score in a range of +/- 5%. Its nothing against IGN, but it does seem that way.

But yea I was wrong there, still I don't trust when one or two sites get in too early.

It comes out a week from today. That's too early? Wow. And here I thought that was the average review listing for most games by both ign and many other sites. I supose you said the same thing when little big planet got reviews weeks early? And I'm sure it didn't get many good reviews following the first ones right? Oh, wait....that's right, it did.

Don't start spouting bs about good reviews for ps3 games unless you want equal judgement on your precious 360 games.

Hi, im selling cookies for my school to raise money to buy us a roof for our pool. Do you want some?

Wow. How do you find the time in your schedule to be both a girlscout and a gamer. Sure I'll buy some of them delicious mint cookies little girl. ;)

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
Squilliam said:

Hi, im selling cookies for my school to raise money to buy us a roof for our pool. Do you want some?

Wow. How do you find the time in your schedule to be both a girlscout and a gamer. Sure I'll buy some of them delicious mint cookies little girl. ;)

Thank you good sir!

Tease.

well that wasn't disturbing.

Squilliam said:

Weh wehhh R2 is to good and i cant have it, thats what i got from your post.

I am very impressed! Glad I quit one of my jobs. I'm gonna have some serious gaming to do.

Around the Network
twingo said:
Squilliam said:

Weh wehhh R2 is to good and i cant have it, thats what i got from your post.

KZ2 is gonna be huge! (Im in the BETA)

Tease.

LOL ok, I just found out.,

R2 releases on the 4th and GOW 2 releases on the 7th. I had them mixed up and I was thinking "WTF" why did IGN review R2 first?!?!?!

Tease.

Gr8 shooter. No wonder Killzone 2 wasn't released :P

Think it was scored just a little too high (expected a 9.2-9.3) but the online probably made up for the higher score.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

4th insomniac game in 2 years...black magic indeed.

Jason77 said:

Resistance 2 is one of those games that manages to expand on its predecessor in every way. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. This is an exclusive that PS3 owners should be proud to have in their collection.

I agree! And i just pre-ordered it today at Gamestop. I would've gotten it no matter what ratings it got, but this just makes me glad i did!