By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I Believe..The End Of The 360 - A 360 Fanboy's Point Of View

Frankly, if Microsoft can fix the hardware concerns and make people feel secure that the system they're purchasing won't break a few months down the road, I think they'd be set.

At least, that's all they need to do to make me a believer/buyer :).

Around the Network

My thoughts on XBOX viability is the original assumption of the MS Entertainment Division, which is basically "we have to lose billions of dollars to gain branding, mindshare, and marketshare". This approach is proven exactly wrong by the Wii. I expect there are many at Microsoft who are questioning the MS Entertainment Division approach.

I don't say "scrap the 360", I say "scrap the existing management".

Ok, I'm here... sorry that I'm late.

As the resident Xbox Doom sayer, former Xbox360 owner, and Dreamcast owner here is some advice. Play your games. Enjoy them, especially the exclusives. Help your system go down in history as a failure not for it's lack of games, but because of bad business.

Peter Moore had lots to do with Dreamcast going down in history as a great system that failed.

(By the way this is humor, I never actually said I think Xbox brand will end, only that it will end if this gen doesn't make them any money. There is still a long way to go, and lots of games coming out.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

It's funny how much people care about the last 2 weeks of PS3 sales, even knowing that they're very likely just a surge due to the price cut of the 60 GB model and the announced dissapearing of the EE...

This week, PS3 sales in America dropped 13%, which means the PS3 has no momentum. It's losing speed again and fast. Only the next few weeks will tell us for sure, but it's not looking good for the PS3 without a REAL price cut (i.e. a model under $499).

When Halo 3 launches and Microsoft cuts the price of the console (they have to do it this year), do you think the PS3 will still be outselling the 360 in America? Allow me to be the first to laugh:

Haha.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Man if you are this depressed as a 360 owner/fan I think you would have committed suicide if you were a PS3 owner/fan...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

It's funny how much people care about the last 2 weeks of PS3 sales, even knowing that they're very likely just a surge due to the price cut of the 60 GB model and the announced dissapearing of the EE...

This week, PS3 sales in America dropped 13%, which means the PS3 has no momentum. It's losing speed again and fast. Only the next few weeks will tell us for sure, but it's not looking good for the PS3 without a REAL price cut (i.e. a model under $499).

When Halo 3 launches and Microsoft cuts the price of the console (they have to do it this year), do you think the PS3 will still be outselling the 360 in America? Allow me to be the first to laugh:

Haha.

The PS3 is very slow in selling, this primarily is down to price; yes the PS3 has seen esculated sales over the last 2 weeks due to the $100 price cut and this won't last.  I fully expect the sales to end up sitting around the late 20's in NA once it's settled down.  Of course the 360 will see a rise in sales with Halo and with a price cut.  But the main issue here is the sales up until this point in it's 20 month lifespan.  They are very poor.  Comparing with the PS3, they seem similar, but we have to take into account that the 360 has generally been half the cost of the PS3 from day one (Core $299 v's PS3 $599), yes the sales are similar in it's first 8 months.  Also the PS3 wasn't released in Europe until March, which was a whole 4 months later.

MS need to do something quick, or they WILL be left behind.  The sales of the 360 this year has been nothing short of abysmal.  If you check over the numbers.  MS has only really sold around 2m 360's this year WW.  Which is very low.

I would expect the PS3 to sell at least an extra 2-3m based on the same timespan. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

For MS to be left behind, Sony would have to catch them first. Given the lead the 360 has that wouldn't happen anytime soon even if the PS3 could retain its slight sales lead. That is a big if, because as NJ5 has stated, the PS3 sales are already back on the decline.

If you're really that depressed then get a Wii. If you're a graphics whore get a PS3. These small shifts shouldn't worry gamers. If you can play all the games you prefer on your system of choice then there is nothing to worry about.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I dont think it will lose this Christmas but next years Christmas it will for now though atleast the 360 is still infront(only just) and the PS3 is far enough behind that MS doesnt need to worry until early next year when the Big Hitters start to roll in.This Christmas is Wii and 360 in NA,Wii and to a much lesser extent the PS3 in Japan and PS3 and Wii in Europe.The 360 is in a good place now what with all the exclusive games on it but next year they have nothing except Fable2 which doesnt have a release date yet and all the exclusives they could get will go to PS3,Wii or Multiplatform or even PC.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

at the current rate the PS3 is outselling 360 right now it would take 5 and a half years to catch up. PS3 is fresh off of a price cut so the post price cut trends have not been set yet. We have to wait and see what happens this christmas before we can make any judgements about 360 in the long term.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X