By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starcrafts signature will shine! Xbox 360 will have > 20 90+ games xmas 09?

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
JaggedSac said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

So you're argument is that the Xbox 360's 2007 line-up was so incredible that neither the Xbox 360 or the PS3's 2008 line-ups can hope to compete?

2007 360 line up was incredible.period.

My argument is that now lack of those type of games in 08, have led to hyping up online mini-games in the 360 crowd instead of hyping full proper retail games. Mini game is not in the same league as a proper retail game with story(geometry wars,Braid =/= bioshock,MGS4,ME,forza2,GT)

I know, GTAIV, COD 5, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, etc., there is no hype whatsoever for these games.

I m talking about exclusives.

2007 360:                             2008 360:

bioshock                                Gears 2

Mass effect                             Fable 2

forza 2                                    left 4 dead

orange box                             ninja gaiden 2

halo 3                                    Banjo Kazooie

PGR 4                                    Lost Odyssey

crackdown                              Devil May Cry 4

oblivion                                 Grand Theft Auto IV

I m not including low profile JRPG for either 07 or 08.

So by comparing 08 with 07 ,you gotta admit the lack luster in the 08 line up and hence my comment.

DMC4 and GTA4 are multiplats but the 07 line up all were exclusive(some timed excluisve at the time)

and Lost odyssey =low profile JRPG ,,,i didn't add Eternal sonata or blue dragon(both 360 exclusives in 07),... for 07 .

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey is nearing a million sold. It's the highest selling HD JRPG this generation.

When was the Orange Box ever exclusive?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

it was timed exclusive ,,,then ported by EA to PS3

SpartanFX said:
it was timed exclusive ,,,then ported by EA to PS3

technically it was just delayed. but it was for so long.

RolStoppable said:
Million said:
I'm curious , does the 90+ rating improve the gameplay experience for you than a 89.9 game ? . Does a 89 rating cause some of the games coding to go faulty causing framrate problems and pop in issues ?. I guess opinion is most weapon for fanboys.

This obsession with 90+ Ratings is pointless and your probably only pushing it so hard because the XBOX 360 has the most 90+ rated games out of the 3, in truth I still think other consoles offer better gaming libarys regardless of what the reviewers give.

Uncharted 88
BloomBox 85
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance Fall of Man 86
Motorstorm 82 .

All the above are excellent games (10/10) imo but none scorred 90+ aggregate.

I feel offended by your post for several reasons.

1. You just threw in a single Wii game to come across less biased towards the PS3 and justify the bolded sentence.

2. You made a double spelling error in the Wii game's name. It's called Boom Blox.

3. You picked a piece of garbage that should burn in hell. If I ever meet you in real life, I am going to beat you up.

1. I don't actualy like the Wii game but I was just using games off the top of my head which I or others felt were good games.

2. Sue me the name is stupid anyway.

3. LOL do you even leave your house ?

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

PS3's % increase and almost certainly its numerical increase in games rated over 90% will be greater.

That will tarnish his sig.  In fact, he'll probably remove it when it doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore.

This thread is flamebait, it is implicit comparison.  It was douchebaggy even to make the 'douchebag' comment at the end.

You troll/flamebait with your username and avatar. You have no right whatsoever of making those kind of judgements.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

My signature has just been updated.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

SpartanFX said:
JaggedSac said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

So you're argument is that the Xbox 360's 2007 line-up was so incredible that neither the Xbox 360 or the PS3's 2008 line-ups can hope to compete?

2007 360 line up was incredible.period.

My argument is that now lack of those type of games in 08, have led to hyping up online mini-games in the 360 crowd instead of hyping full proper retail games. Mini game is not in the same league as a proper retail game with story(geometry wars,Braid =/= bioshock,MGS4,ME,forza2,GT)

I know, GTAIV, COD 5, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, etc., there is no hype whatsoever for these games.

I m talking about exclusives.

2007 360: 2008 360:

bioshock                                Gears 2

Mass effect                             Fable 2

forza 2                                   left 4 dead

orange box                             ninja gaiden 2

halo 3                                    The Last Remnant (2008 exclusive)

PGR 4                                    Lost Odyssey (this is high profile)

crackdown                             Tales of Vesperia

oblivion   (released 2006)  Rock Band 2 (timed exclusive)

.                                                Banjo Kazooie N&B

Red Alert 3

I m not including low profile JRPG for either 07 or 08.

So by comparing 08 with 07 ,you gotta admit the lack luster in the 08 line up and hence my comment.

Even if you don't count Red Alert 3 (which I'm not sure either) and Lost Odyssey, both lists are very close in quality.

yah go Starcraft .. lol :)

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

PS3's % increase and almost certainly its numerical increase in games rated over 90% will be greater.

That will tarnish his sig.  In fact, he'll probably remove it when it doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore.

This thread is flamebait, it is implicit comparison.  It was douchebaggy even to make the 'douchebag' comment at the end.

lol the PS3 fanboys favorite line

just wait until/just wait and see/just wait until next year

Take it in whatever flavor you enjoy best

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers