By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starcrafts signature will shine! Xbox 360 will have > 20 90+ games xmas 09?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mrstickball said:
One could always go with 80%+ rated games:

X360: 110
PS3: 58
Wii: 20

Any way you cut it, it's always like that.

No, I've seen people do it multiple ways, like highly rated games as a percentage of overall games, that has PS3 on top.

Any way you cut it, XBLA games pad the raw numbers of high scoring AND low scoring games for 360.  They are a bonus to owning the system, certainly, but we all know that a smooth mini game that happens to work well and gets an 80 or 90 is NOT equivalent to a Gears or a Bioshock (a big disc-based game) for 360.  Thus, it doesn't make complete sense to use them to pad high-score numbers.

Plus, I think the numbers are well in line between the systems given the longer life of 360 and -- undeniably -- the fact that early 360 games got higher scores just because of the "wow" factor of a new HD console.

but here is what you forget: sony has their own download service. Not so much padding now is there?

And that second bit... it wasn't just the wow power, the games were actually damn good, tons better than when the wii & ps3 launched, and why more launch 360 games are highly rated.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Btw everyone who mentioned the PS3 is a douche. I said that in my OP.

Have a nice day.

Tease.

LOL

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Strategyking92 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mrstickball said:

No, I've seen people do it multiple ways, like highly rated games as a percentage of overall games, that has PS3 on top.

Any way you cut it, XBLA games pad the raw numbers of high scoring AND low scoring games for 360.  They are a bonus to owning the system, certainly, but we all know that a smooth mini game that happens to work well and gets an 80 or 90 is NOT equivalent to a Gears or a Bioshock (a big disc-based game) for 360.  Thus, it doesn't make complete sense to use them to pad high-score numbers.

Plus, I think the numbers are well in line between the systems given the longer life of 360 and -- undeniably -- the fact that early 360 games got higher scores just because of the "wow" factor of a new HD console.

but here is what you forget: sony has their own download service. Not so much padding now is there?

And that second bit... it wasn't just the wow power, the games were actually damn good, tons better than when the wii & ps3 launched, and why more launch 360 games are highly rated.

No, not as much padding.  Else the numbers of high scores would be higher.  And they wouldn't count as much as highly rated full games, in my opinion.  That's what I said.

Re: early reviews/lineups.  Ok, the wow factor is ADDED to 360's early lineup, whatever merits it intrinsically had.  I'm cool with that.  That's what I meant anyway.

mrstickball said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mrstickball said:

Hey, I don't think X360 owners can help it that XBLA totally craps all over PSN games. It's not like WipeoutHD, Siren, GT5p, SSHD and others aren't counted. They are part of that 58 games, just like XBLA and WiiWare are parts of 110 and 20 games, respectively.

That's kind of like saying "you can't count JRPGs because we just don't have any"

They can't help PAYING $45/year for it, that's true.  (or maybe that's just to enable online gameplay, shit I don't know).

And my point is that it so happens that a few of them just snuck in at a 90 flat or whatev.  BFD.  Those aren't full games at 90.  If PS3 had more online games at 90, I'd still admit that mini-game with scores of 90 aren't equivalent to full release games with scores of 90.

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
you know what really is sad,,,last year 360 owners had halo3 ,bioshock, Mass effect,..... to brag about but this year they brag about Braid and portal:still alive,geometry wars,,,,, lool(mini online games)

Some day you'll get over the fact you picked the wrong choice this gen and the rage will subside.

In the meanwhile, yeah... XBLA is a fountain of awesomeness. 90+ AAA games for 12$.

Btw, once I'm done with Fable 2 I'm buying up geometry wars 2. I've put way too many hours on the demo lol.

Thank you so much.  Thank you.  You just succinctly shit on the theory that each 90+ rated game can be counted equivalently.

Reviewer: "for a mini-game, pretty damn good.  90."  But is that equivalent to a system having a full AAA game.  No.

Shouldn't you be complaining about paying 400$ for the privilege of playing the inferior version of most multiplatform games?

Fallout 3 reviews just landed and oh snap, the 180$ arcade without cell, blueray drive nor hard disk plays the game better =/

Then I was gonna nail you with PSN padding the numbers as well but mrstickball got ahead of me =(

Could have used a better example.  Aren't the problems w/ PS3 version of F3 soon to be patched?  Plus, most games are equal now.  Seen plenty of comparisons where PS3 versions come out on top.  PS3 is often the lead platform.  PS3 is selling faster than 360 did, so that will continue to be true.

Hasn't 360 cost more, historically, when you consider the extras you need to buy, online gameplay you need to buy, meltdowns you need to deal with, vs the cool quiet complete PS3 package?

And I don't consider PSN titles at 90 to be as much of an asset to PS3 as full games with 90.  Same as with 360.  Problem?

Everyone who's lately started a thread referring to a fanboy's sig including a comparison of multiple consoles and then says that people talking about one of the consoles mentioned in the fanboys sig are douches, is a douche.

Loud Box.

Judging by the number of posts you have in a row, you appear to be arguing with yourself.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Loud Box.

Judging by the number of posts you have in a row, you appear to be arguing with yourself.

I can't hang round here all day.  Lots of shit has happened by the time I check back in sometimes.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
---snipped---

Could have used a better example.  Aren't the problems w/ PS3 version of F3 soon to be patched?  Plus, most games are equal now.  Seen plenty of comparisons where PS3 versions come out on top.  PS3 is often the lead platform.  PS3 is selling faster than 360 did, so that will continue to be true.

Hasn't 360 cost more, historically, when you consider the extras you need to buy, online gameplay you need to buy, meltdowns you need to deal with, vs the cool quiet complete PS3 package?

And I don't consider PSN titles at 90 to be as much of an asset to PS3 as full games with 90.  Same as with 360.  Problem?

Bolded is complete fanboy bullshit.  Nobody NEEDS to buy anything beyond the console itself.  I have purchased ZERO accessories, do NOT pay for Live, and my 360 is a year old and so far has not died.  It runs quiet and cool so I do not expect it to. 

Guess what?! It plays games just as well as do the boxes of people who do buy the extras, and I am able to enjoy it just as much. 

As for the XBLA game argument, while each game by itself, may not equal a full release game, taken together they are a very compelling package.  Braid + Castle Crashers + Geo Wars 2 + Portal > the majority of games out there, regardless of which console they are on.