By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starcrafts signature will shine! Xbox 360 will have > 20 90+ games xmas 09?

One could always go with 80%+ rated games:

X360: 110
PS3: 58
Wii: 20

Any way you cut it, it's always like that.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

PS3's % increase and almost certainly its numerical increase in games rated over 90% will be greater.

That will tarnish his sig.  In fact, he'll probably remove it when it doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore.

This thread is flamebait, it is implicit comparison.  It was douchebaggy even to make the 'douchebag' comment at the end.

lol the PS3 fanboys favorite line

just wait until/just wait and see/just wait until next year

Take it in whatever flavor you enjoy best

Hmm?  No the PS3 has shot up just recently by a lot.  One of the only counters to my prediction would be for Squills to say that the PS3's recent increase doesn't count, that only increases going forward, after he started this thread, count.  So no, there's no waiting on the future here for PS3 owners any more than the 360 is counting on an increase over time as well.

mrstickball said:

No, I've seen people do it multiple ways, like highly rated games as a percentage of overall games, that has PS3 on top.

Any way you cut it, XBLA games pad the raw numbers of high scoring AND low scoring games for 360.  They are a bonus to owning the system, certainly, but we all know that a smooth mini game that happens to work well and gets an 80 or 90 is NOT equivalent to a Gears or a Bioshock (a big disc-based game) for 360.  Thus, it doesn't make complete sense to use them to pad high-score numbers.

Plus, I think the numbers are well in line between the systems given the longer life of 360 and -- undeniably -- the fact that early 360 games got higher scores just because of the "wow" factor of a new HD console.

gebx said:
DOATS1 said:
gebx said:
SpartanFX said:
you know what really is sad,,,last year 360 owners had halo3 ,bioshock, Mass effect,..... to brag about but this year they brag about Braid and portal:still alive,geometry wars,,,,, lool(mini online games)

I've probably spent 60+ hours playing geometry wars... how many hours have you spent playing MGS4?

that's a very stupid comparison. why would you compare those two games?

Its of comparison of replay value and fun... ?

Are you f-ing kidding?  Don't you see that someone could compare LBP or Fat Princess if it's addictive to a great 360 game with not so much replayability, and do you see that you'd object that replayability is not the sole source of a game's greatness?  There are games that are about story, those about endless mindless replays, etc.

Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
you know what really is sad,,,last year 360 owners had halo3 ,bioshock, Mass effect,..... to brag about but this year they brag about Braid and portal:still alive,geometry wars,,,,, lool(mini online games)

Some day you'll get over the fact you picked the wrong choice this gen and the rage will subside.

In the meanwhile, yeah... XBLA is a fountain of awesomeness. 90+ AAA games for 12$.

Btw, once I'm done with Fable 2 I'm buying up geometry wars 2. I've put way too many hours on the demo lol.

Thank you so much.  Thank you.  You just succinctly shit on the theory that each 90+ rated game can be counted equivalently.

Reviewer: "for a mini-game, pretty damn good.  90."  But is that equivalent to a system having a full AAA game.  No.

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

PS3's % increase and almost certainly its numerical increase in games rated over 90% will be greater.

That will tarnish his sig.  In fact, he'll probably remove it when it doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore.

This thread is flamebait, it is implicit comparison.  It was douchebaggy even to make the 'douchebag' comment at the end.

lol the PS3 fanboys favorite line

just wait until/just wait and see/just wait until next year

Take it in whatever flavor you enjoy best

Hmm?  No the PS3 has shot up just recently by a lot.  One of the only counters to my prediction would be for Squills to say that the PS3's recent increase doesn't count, that only increases going forward, after he started this thread, count.  So no, there's no waiting on the future here for PS3 owners any more than the 360 is counting on an increase over time as well.

I have no idea what your trying to say but I'm guessing your argument pertains to the fact that in your world the PS3 will get an exponentially greater number of AAA games while the 360 will suddenly be dropped and not have another game released for it, allowing the PS3 to catch up. How you figured that out I have no idea seeing as how games sell the same if not better on the 360 so developing PS3 exclusive is like opting for a pay cut. Unless Sony gives companies incentives for staying exclusive then what you say will not happen.

As for your other argument I enjoyed Braid more than Bioshock, is that too hard for you to believe?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

Hey I like to keep an eye on the scores. Its an awesome discovery to find another awesome game out there, and without Metacritic I would have missed out on quite a few gems - especially from the previous generations Like ICO and Shadow of the Collossus.

You want to know the sad part. You still missed a ton of fun games because all you care about is a opinionalized score. There are many games retail and network that are really good but are different in the expereince or lacking some area in which a reviewer decided to be a prick and deduct more points off the overall score then what the game deserved.

So I have to ask this to you. Do I really have to being GTAIV into this convo because we all know it doesnt deserve anywhere close to the score it received. It is a shining example of how broken score based systems are and how badly we need more critic style reviews like the movie industry.

No im serious. Its not like I can stumble upon these games on my own easily, I don't have friends who like to talk about them so where do I get information from?

I even stated quite clearly in a later post (which I guess you didn't read) that the score is just a point of first interest. Obviously I have to decide before hand whether or not I will like the game before I buy it, so it goes Metacritic -> Reviews -> Trailers/Impressions of others and before I even think about buying it I consider the developer, the genre etc.

Im intelligent enough to read a few reviews and find out why a game got a high score. If it was innovation from an old game then obviously that may not be so impressive 3 years later. Polish, engaging storyline etc. You can find out not only what type of game it is but how you'll like the game. I challenge you to tell me where else I might find a better source for looking up old games than Metacritic?

Tease.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mrstickball said:

No, I've seen people do it multiple ways, like highly rated games as a percentage of overall games, that has PS3 on top.

Any way you cut it, XBLA games pad the raw numbers of high scoring AND low scoring games for 360.  They are a bonus to owning the system, certainly, but we all know that a smooth mini game that happens to work well and gets an 80 or 90 is NOT equivalent to a Gears or a Bioshock (a big disc-based game) for 360.  Thus, it doesn't make complete sense to use them to pad high-score numbers.

Plus, I think the numbers are well in line between the systems given the longer life of 360 and -- undeniably -- the fact that early 360 games got higher scores just because of the "wow" factor of a new HD console.

Hey, I don't think X360 owners can help it that XBLA totally craps all over PSN games. It's not like WipeoutHD, Siren, GT5p, SSHD and others aren't counted. They are part of that 58 games, just like XBLA and WiiWare are parts of 110 and 20 games, respectively.

That's kind of like saying "you can't count JRPGs because we just don't have any"

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:

Some day you'll get over the fact you picked the wrong choice this gen and the rage will subside.

In the meanwhile, yeah... XBLA is a fountain of awesomeness. 90+ AAA games for 12$.

Btw, once I'm done with Fable 2 I'm buying up geometry wars 2. I've put way too many hours on the demo lol.

Thank you so much.  Thank you.  You just succinctly shit on the theory that each 90+ rated game can be counted equivalently.

Reviewer: "for a mini-game, pretty damn good.  90."  But is that equivalent to a system having a full AAA game.  No.

Shouldn't you be complaining about paying 400$ for the privilege of playing the inferior version of most multiplatform games?

Fallout 3 reviews just landed and oh snap, the 180$ arcade without cell, blueray drive nor hard disk plays the game better =/

Then I was gonna nail you with PSN padding the numbers as well but mrstickball got ahead of me =(

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

axumblade said:
Strategyking92 said:
Million said:
I'm curious , does the 90+ rating improve the gameplay experience for you than a 89.9 game ? . Does a 89 rating cause some of the games coding to go faulty causing framrate problems and pop in issues ?. I guess opinion is most weapon for fanboys.

This obsession with 90+ Ratings is pointless and your probably only pushing it so hard because the XBOX 360 has the most 90+ rated games out of the 3, in truth I still think other consoles offer better gaming libarys regardless of what the reviewers give.

Uncharted 88
BloomBox 85
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance Fall of Man 86
Motorstorm 82 .

All the above are excellent games (10/10) imo but none scorred 90+ aggregate.

for further embarassment, games rated 89-85 by each system so you can stop your whining:

Xbox 360: 32

ps3: 24

wii: 5

now you have no excuse. Xbox 360 just has the better game library, plain and simple.

Metacritic 2008

Scores of 85-100

20 - PS3
19 - Xbox 360
6- Wii

Considering a year in advance release, 8 games over ps3 does not really make that significant of a difference considering that the PS3 has managed to rile up 20 in its 2nd year.

21 for PS3 if you add in valkyria chronicles scores since it's not out in stores yet.

I'm not saying that Sony is kicking Microsoft's ass but I am saying that the amazing "better game library" is a load of crock both have great games.

(I had to add the last part in cause I realized what it seemed like I was saying)

You can't dismiss games launched earlier just because it doesn't suit you. You obviously don't like it but the fact is during 2006 and 2007 the 360 built up a respectable gaming library that's available at el-cheapo prices right now and its an important part of the 360 value proposition.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).