By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starcrafts signature will shine! Xbox 360 will have > 20 90+ games xmas 09?

Mirson said:

My problems with MGO online are the body damage among other things. It's pretty terrible. I had to shot some guy 5 times in the torso for him to die, and I was pretty close to him. Maps aren't good, imo, except for Groznyj Grad and another one. I get disconnected 80% of the time when I'm in a game. Maybe it's something from my end. When I respawn, my character falls to the ground and dies. WTF?

OT: Good for 360 owners. Viva la 360.

yeah, maybe, just maybe there's something wrong at your end. anyway, why are we discussing this? the point i was trying to make was comparing an arcade game to a full retail game to make a point about replay value is out right stupid.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
you know what really is sad,,,last year 360 owners had halo3 ,bioshock, Mass effect,..... to brag about but this year they brag about Braid and portal:still alive,geometry wars,,,,, lool(mini online games)

Some day you'll get over the fact you picked the wrong choice this gen and the rage will subside.

In the meanwhile, yeah... XBLA is a fountain of awesomeness. 90+ AAA games for 12$.

Btw, once I'm done with Fable 2 I'm buying up geometry wars 2. I've put way too many hours on the demo lol.

na,,I was just pointing the difference in expectation from 360 crowd,,,last year they were all great games and i accept that but this year is only gears 2 imo ,,the rest is just there to fill the empty hole.(unlike bioshock,halo 3,Mass Effect,orange box,forza 2,... for last year)

To me this year's MS line up is big dissapointment COMPARED to their last year,,,,,hence people hype up online mini games,,instead of proper full game with proper story line.

No, you are bitter because your dear ps3 isn't the premium gaming console anymore.

Speaking about exclusives, Lost Odyssey? Ninja Gaiden 2? Fable 2? Gears 2? Race Pro? Banjo Three? Tales of Vesperia?

The point is that 360 users get BOTH the multibillion big name titles and the innovative and critically acclaimed XBLA games. Quality AAA games with high production values for 60$, quality AAA games with innovative and polished gameplay for 12$. Big, big win.

But hey, do not despair yet. Someday Sony will deliver. Heck, it might be sooner than you think... Afrika has just released!

lol what is that ,,I ahve never heard that before.

we are going way off topic but I will answer this and leave it at that,,,,

Sony's line up this year is much better than last year where as is not the same thing with MS .You have to be a blind MS worshiper to tell me that 360's this year line up is better than last year,,,if we wanna talk online games wipe out Hd ,super dust HD,pixel junk monster,Rand Clank :Q for B,Siren ,last guy,fat pricess all say hi,,,but I m more intrested in full proper games like Mass effect, bioshock ,forza 2 ,....(what 360 offered last year)

but I guess I hit a nerve when I stated the truth

So you're argument is that the Xbox 360's 2007 line-up was so incredible that neither the Xbox 360 or the PS3's 2008 line-ups can hope to compete?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This is not constructive to this thread in any way but

lol

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SpartanFX said:
you know what really is sad,,,last year 360 owners had halo3 ,bioshock, Mass effect,..... to brag about but this year they brag about Braid and portal:still alive,geometry wars,,,,, lool(mini online games)

Some day you'll get over the fact you picked the wrong choice this gen and the rage will subside.

In the meanwhile, yeah... XBLA is a fountain of awesomeness. 90+ AAA games for 12$.

Btw, once I'm done with Fable 2 I'm buying up geometry wars 2. I've put way too many hours on the demo lol.

na,,I was just pointing the difference in expectation from 360 crowd,,,last year they were all great games and i accept that but this year is only gears 2 imo ,,the rest is just there to fill the empty hole.(unlike bioshock,halo 3,Mass Effect,orange box,forza 2,... for last year)

To me this year's MS line up is big dissapointment COMPARED to their last year,,,,,hence people hype up online mini games,,instead of proper full game with proper story line.

No, you are bitter because your dear ps3 isn't the premium gaming console anymore.

Speaking about exclusives, Lost Odyssey? Ninja Gaiden 2? Fable 2? Gears 2? Race Pro? Banjo Three? Tales of Vesperia?

The point is that 360 users get BOTH the multibillion big name titles and the innovative and critically acclaimed XBLA games. Quality AAA games with high production values for 60$, quality AAA games with innovative and polished gameplay for 12$. Big, big win.

But hey, do not despair yet. Someday Sony will deliver. Heck, it might be sooner than you think... Afrika has just released!

lol what is that ,,I ahve never heard that before.

we are going way off topic but I will answer this and leave it at that,,,,

Sony's line up this year is much better than last year where as is not the same thing with MS .You have to be a blind MS worshiper to tell me that 360's this year line up is better than last year,,,if we wanna talk online games wipe out Hd ,super dust HD,pixel junk monster,Rand Clank :Q for B,Siren ,last guy,fat pricess all say hi,,,but I m more intrested in full proper games like Mass effect, bioshock ,forza 2 ,....(what 360 offered last year)

but I guess I hit a nerve when I stated the truth

So you're argument is that the Xbox 360's 2007 line-up was so incredible that neither the Xbox 360 or the PS3's 2008 line-ups can hope to compete?

2007 360 line up was incredible.period.

My argument is that now lack of those type of games in 08, have led to hyping up online mini-games in the 360 crowd instead of hyping full proper retail games. Mini game is not in the same league as a proper retail game with story(geometry wars,Braid =/= bioshock,MGS4,ME,forza2,GT)

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

My argument is that now lack of those type of games in 08, have led to hyping up online mini-games in the 360 crowd instead of hyping full proper retail games. Mini game is not in the same league as a proper retail game with story(geometry wars,Braid =/= bioshock,MGS4,ME,forza2,GT)

I know, GTAIV, COD 5, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, etc., there is no hype whatsoever for these games.

Around the Network

PS3's % increase and almost certainly its numerical increase in games rated over 90% will be greater.

That will tarnish his sig.  In fact, he'll probably remove it when it doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore.

This thread is flamebait, it is implicit comparison.  It was douchebaggy even to make the 'douchebag' comment at the end.

Fallout 3 is most likely going to be added in his sig.

JaggedSac said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

I know, GTAIV, COD 5, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, etc., there is no hype whatsoever for these games.

I m talking about exclusives.

2007 360:                             2008 360:

bioshock                                Gears 2

Mass effect                             Fable 2

forza 2                                    left 4 dead

orange box                             ninja gaiden 2

halo 3

PGR 4

crackdown

oblivion

I m not including low profile JRPG for either 07 or 08.

So by comparing 08 with 07 ,you gotta admit the lack luster in the 08 line up and hence my comment.

Squilliam said:
Million said:
I'm curious , does the 90+ rating improve the gameplay experience for you than a 89.9 game ? . Does a 89 rating cause some of the games coding to go faulty causing framrate problems and pop in issues ?. I guess opinion is most weapon for fanboys.

This obsession with 90+ Ratings is pointless and your probably only pushing it so hard because the XBOX 360 has the most 90+ rated games out of the 3, in truth I still think other consoles offer better gaming libarys regardless of what the reviewers give.

Uncharted 88
BloomBox 85
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance Fall of Man 86
Motorstorm 82 .

All the above are excellent games (10/10) imo but none scorred 90+ aggregate.

Bioshock 96

Portal 91

Call of Duty 4 94

Forza Motorsport 2 90

Braid 93

Would be considered an awesome collection, and they also all deservedly scored 90+ ratings. Whereas the games you listed had flaws which prevented them from reaching the same rating.

Hey I like to keep an eye on the scores. Its an awesome discovery to find another awesome game out there, and without Metacritic I would have missed out on quite a few gems - especially from the previous generations Like ICO and Shadow of the Collossus.

You want to know the sad part. You still missed a ton of fun games because all you care about is a opinionalized score. There are many games retail and network that are really good but are different in the expereince or lacking some area in which a reviewer decided to be a prick and deduct more points off the overall score then what the game deserved.

So I have to ask this to you. Do I really have to being GTAIV into this convo because we all know it doesnt deserve anywhere close to the score it received. It is a shining example of how broken score based systems are and how badly we need more critic style reviews like the movie industry.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

SpartanFX said:
JaggedSac said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

I m talking about exclusives.

2007 360:                             2008 360:

bioshock                                Gears 2

Mass effect                             Fable 2

forza 2                                    left 4 dead

orange box                             ninja gaiden 2

halo 3                                    Banjo Kazooie

PGR 4                                    Lost Odyssey

crackdown                              Devil May Cry 4

oblivion                                 Grand Theft Auto IV

I m not including low profile JRPG for either 07 or 08.

So by comparing 08 with 07 ,you gotta admit the lack luster in the 08 line up and hence my comment.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS