By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie talks about holiday, shortages and women

axumblade said:
Please tell me Cocky Nintendo aren't coming back. Last time Nintendo got cocky, they dropped Rare. :[

Which is good because Rare sucks now.

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
they said they will have 50% higher supply for the holidays in the story but someone failed to quote it and nobody reads the sources. That's 3.6 million per month of whatever he considers holidays, so it isn't a miscalculation.

The 50% figure is year-over-year, and makes sense when you take into account the November boost.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

axumblade said:
Please tell me Cocky Nintendo aren't coming back. Last time Nintendo got cocky, they dropped Rare. :[

There was a reason they dropped thrm. It wasn't the same Rare that made the good games in the late 90's.

Rare went through a lot but Konker wasn't the game that would of broken the Donkey's back... (Wierd how while I was typing donkey I was thinking of a monkey, backspaced and cought that I was correct in the first place.) They made Star Fox Adventures which was a master piece in my opinion however the company lost much of it's talent after the buy-out. I'm not sure what they moved on to, but the noteable ones may have well have retired from the gaming industry.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

axumblade said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
axumblade said:

Which is good because Rare sucks now.

I don't know if they would have sucked as badly today if they wouldn't have been dropped. I'm still bitter cause I want another Donkey Kong Country and not a jungle beat or swinger or anything like those. :/

Let's hope Rare doesn't hear that.  I hate it when excellent/old franchises get new sequels that suck.

Around the Network

I believe DK would be a great lead in a FPS.... Gears of the Jungle?
That would work well with the San Andreas song.. "Welcome to the jungle, something USA..."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

That sounds a bit arrogant but that's just Reggie... He's always like that! Nintendo itself isn't becoming arrogant again. They learned it the hard way.

Still it's quite funny... I love that quote: "One of our competitors projects they will sell 10 million consoles worldwide this year. For us, that's three months of production."

dib8rman said:
I believe DK would be a great lead in a FPS.... Gears of the Jungle?
That would work well with the San Andreas song.. "Welcome to the jungle, something USA..."

Actually... I think it's "welcome to the jungle, we got fun 'n games", and the song si by Guns n' roses... if I remember correctly.

Anyway, OT, I didn't expect 50% of Wii owners to be women. That's pretty huge!

Arrogant? he's just stating the obvious.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Arrogant? he's just stating the obvious.

For real.