By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie talks about holiday, shortages and women

radha said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Nintendo be careful of that arrogance....thats what got SONY in that place & thats what got you to last place in the 2 gens before this.

completely true, i have always like miyamoto, but this guys acts as if nintedo knew the wii was going to be such a huge succes, he is very arrogant

Nintendo knew it. What was unknown is when and of which entity that success would be.

Nintendo was very open about their plan before Wii launch.  Quite funny indeed. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

I love Nintendo, but i hate Reggie. He feels like if by his self has made everything for Ninty.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
MasterZack said:
I love Nintendo, but i hate Reggie. He feels like if by his self has made everything for Ninty.

Rawr.

This is win ""One of our competitors projects they will sell 10 million consoles worldwide this year. For us, that's three months of production." :)

Xen said:
dib8rman said:
I believe DK would be a great lead in a FPS.... Gears of the Jungle?
That would work well with the San Andreas song.. "Welcome to the jungle, something USA..."

Actually... I think it's "welcome to the jungle, we got fun 'n games", and the song si by Guns n' roses... if I remember correctly.

Anyway, OT, I didn't expect 50% of Wii owners to be women. That's pretty huge!

Don't you remember E3? 45% of all Twilight Princess registartions online were by women.

But over 55% for Phantom Hourglass, so that would give the idea it was 40%.

Still, I don't think most people on VGChartz consider Zelda a "women's franchise" :D

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

that wasnt very nice reggie

Oyvoyvoyv said:

What? Either, Reggie's gone nuts or he's misquoted. He says they produce 2.4M each month, and in 3 months that is 10M. Odd.

I'll post a short summary of the interesting things here.

- 50% of Wii players are women, 50% of DS players are women. 20% for the other consoles.

- Most of Nintendo's games have over 50 hours of play time.

- 70% of the dollar growth in the U.S is from Wii/DS (please tell me what this means, I don't get it).

- 3 out of 10 stores that are shipped Wii Fit are likely to have it. About 3M copies of Wii Fit sold by NoA. This fits with VGC, as 250K may be on their way to shelves / stored for christmas or other (remember, Nintendo gives shipped).

- Retailers want new shipments several years after initial release of game. This hasn't happened in the past generations before Wii/DS.

-  50% larger supply this holiday than usual. This means either 3.6M/month or slightly less, as usual isn't 2.4M.

I believe he means 70% of the growth in the industry.

As in if say.... the Videogame industry made 100 dollars last year... and this year they made 200 dollars.

70 of that extra 100 would be created due to the Wii/DS.

Basically the Wii and DS are way outgrowing everything else in terms of pure revenue.

What's crazy is when he states that only 3 in 10 stores have wii fit.

Whatever it was that Reggie said officially, I don't think he meant it as an insult, jab or was being arrogant. I think he was pointing out how much hardware they have to produce. Remember Nintendo got a lot of negative press saying they were stockpiling or weren't very smart and not producing consoles fast enough and weren't ready. I think he was trying to point out on the behalf of Nintendo that they are producing a lot of consoles, much more than their competetiors. I don't think he was trying to be arrogant. Just my opinion.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Haha, Reggie pwned the rest of the market with those words. I'm curious to see the sales that we'll start seeing at the beginning of the next month, especially since the Wii managed to sell over 800k WW in the last two weeks.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Words Of Wisdom said:
MasterZack said:

Rawr.

cool pic!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION