By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

Zen, that's not at all the main complaint Fallout fans have with this game. What we care about is the interaction and the atmosphere. Fallout 1 and 2 were full of raunchy and witty humor, clever and fun NPCs, and an engaging world that encouraged exploration, rather than following the plot. This is not what Fallout 3 is, and that's why most of us reject it. I hope you gamers unfamiliar with the franchise manage to enjoy it, but you will not find terribly many Fallout fans excited about this game.

Around the Network

If i had the PS3, of course! But i dont have it :(

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Possibly. I like open ended games and I live in the DC metro area...

naznatips said:
I despised Oblivion

Pretty much why I'm not getting it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

naznatips said:
Zen, that's not at all the main complaint Fallout fans have with this game. What we care about is the interaction and the atmosphere. Fallout 1 and 2 were full of raunchy and witty humor, clever and fun NPCs, and an engaging world that encouraged exploration, rather than following the plot. This is not what Fallout 3 is, and that's why most of us reject it. I hope you gamers unfamiliar with the franchise manage to enjoy it, but you will not find terribly many Fallout fans excited about this game.

I just watched the Xplay Fallout 3 edition, and they implied that the NPCs and story in Fallout 3 are far better than Oblivion, and there appears to be a cohesive story in this game, with consistant characters, unlike Oblivion. The world also encourages exploration, and doesn't require following the plot(neither did Oblivion).

Are you so sure that Fallout 3 doesn't retain any of these things? What are you basing these presumptions on?

For the record, I've played Fallout and Fallout 2, through recently. The games are really good. I just think that this game might surprise you, and you should at least give it a try at a later date when it is really cheap. I think you made your mind up about the game after you played Oblivion, and I think this game might only retain some of the best features of oblivion.

Also, for the record, interaction and atmosphere are the two main components of immersion.

check out the video at least:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882301/fallout-3/videos/fallout3_vidreview.html

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

yes

It looks great, and I loved Oblivion, but the lack of trophy support and DLC killed it for me. Maybe when they integrate trophies and announce DLC for the PS3 version, I'll get it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

First line in the IGN video review:

"First off, lets get one thing straight, this is not just Oblivion with guns. The RPG elements are quite different. You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up. The system is much more conventional and based on gaining experience though combat, quests, and the like."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

"First off, lets get one thing straight, this is not just Oblivion with guns. The RPG elements are quite different. You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up. The system is much more conventional and based on gaining experience though combat, quests, and the like."

Basically like Mass Effect, right?

halogamer1989 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Basically like Mass Effect, right?

Yeah, or Fable 2, or world of warcraft. Conventional. No more of that "jumping over and over again to fly" stuff from morrowind.

NO NO, NO NO NO.