By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

Rath said:
halogamer1989 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

First line in the IGN video review:

"First off, lets get one thing straight, this is not just Oblivion with guns. The RPG elements are quite different. You can't just do repetitive actions, like swimming in a corner for hours and expect to level up. The system is much more conventional and based on gaining experience though combat, quests, and the like."

Basically like Mass Effect, right?

Mass Effect like gameplay + Morrowindesque world + Fallout setting = PERFECT GAME.

I hope like hell Bethesda nails this, there is just so much potential.

If the reviews are any indication, they did a pretty great job of it. Definitely a AAA game critically, almost positive on that(better wait for all reviews before I guarntee that, lol).

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

This game rules. RADROACHES ARE EATING MY MOM!!

Got it for the 360!...Might get it for the PC(Laptop) for travel.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

For my tastes maybe it looks too different from the previous episodes, but if it's a good game, I'll buy the PC version, although most certainly when it will go budget, I don't want to be forced to buy costly HW to enjoy most of the efforts they put on graphics.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Wow, Eurogamer really loved this one, 10/10:

In any case, I'm scraping the barrel for things to pick holes in. Fallout 3 has been by some margin the most enjoyable game I've played since BioShock - a game with which it shares a similar artistic vision and ambience. Despite so many worries, Fallout 3 almost effortlessly succeeds in its central aim of reviving a much-loved brand to appeal to the vast majority of players. It's a thrilling, all-consuming experience that will absorb you for weeks, whether you're attracted by the action, the adventure, or the role-playing, as you fall in love with the relentless excitement, incredible atmosphere, sense of place and sheer choice.

Bethesda has once again delivered a game of life-affirming brilliance that will be heralded as a classic, and talked about for years to come.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=270173&page=2

You do know that EuroGamer gave Braid and Halo 3 10/10, right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I will rent next week. If it is any good then i'll definately buy it. So far the reviews have been great!

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Kantor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

In any case, I'm scraping the barrel for things to pick holes in. Fallout 3 has been by some margin the most enjoyable game I've played since BioShock - a game with which it shares a similar artistic vision and ambience. Despite so many worries, Fallout 3 almost effortlessly succeeds in its central aim of reviving a much-loved brand to appeal to the vast majority of players. It's a thrilling, all-consuming experience that will absorb you for weeks, whether you're attracted by the action, the adventure, or the role-playing, as you fall in love with the relentless excitement, incredible atmosphere, sense of place and sheer choice.

Bethesda has once again delivered a game of life-affirming brilliance that will be heralded as a classic, and talked about for years to come.

What is your point?  Lots of people gave those games 10s.

DMeisterJ said:
No.

Not after Oblivion.

Get over Oblivion; it's just an overglorified medieval RPG. Morrowind - and Fallout - is way better.

haha... I loved Oblivion (screw the haters!) and am loving Fallout 3. :P

Kantor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Braid easily deserved a 10/10. Do you disagree?

Halo 3 didn't but it is also vastly under-rated by an army of people. Being off by a point on 1 review is the worst thing about them you could find?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.