By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

I wait to see test.
Im bot sure, 50%
I will buy Resistance 2, tomb raider and Prince of percia first.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
To expand on what Rocketpig said:

PC gamers are pissed about seeing their favorite franchises dumbed down and mainstreamed up for the console kids. We wanted Fallout 3, not Elder Scrolls V: Dystopia.

Surely whether you enjoy the game or not, you can understand the disappointment from fans of the franchise looking for a true sequel and not getting it.

Awhile ago I went back and played SS2... Bioshock has amazing art direction, but SS2 is a better game.

Consoles really are dumbing down old franchises and developers. Sad.

Truly a frustrating habit with developers these days.  There are a couple loyalists like Blizzard, and a couple developers like Valve who don't dumb down the experience still left.  Truly though most of the best PC games come from PC exclusive devs like Stardock, because they don't dumb everything down to be playable on consoles.

When you roll in money a la Scrooge McDuck, you don't have to cater to multiple bases (looks at Blizzard). Still, I need to get a PC rig going. I think I'm missing out on a lot.

Even Fallout 3 will be a vastly superior game on PC once the modders get their claws into it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
When you roll in money a la Scrooge McDuck, you don't have to cater to multiple bases (looks at Blizzard). Still, I need to get a PC rig going. I think I'm missing out on a lot.

Even Fallout 3 will be a vastly superior game on PC once the modders get their claws into it.

Sadly they may not any time soon. Bethesda is not releasing the modding tools and they have not said when, if at all, that will happen.

I gotta agree with the dumbing down on consoles. I'm still playing Warcraft 3 and UT2004. An occassional run through Deus Ex every so often too to keep things fresh.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Lot of words dude, big words.

I am still waiting tho: bring proof that Bethesda's track record is good enough (as far as glitches, bugs and generally bleak gameplay goes) thus making my initial statement "Bethesda has always been a crappy developer" wrong. You won't get banned for that - it's true that I'm no mod but I've been lurking and posting for long enough to reasonably predict a moderator won't ban you for bringing reasons against my statement. That's discussion afterall and it's the usual business in a forum like this one.

RocketPig is quite astute. He deciphered my coded language.

I'm sure that props up your ego somewhat but you won't get away with qualifying reasons as hate speech just because you don't like them.

I'm not saying reasons are hatespeech...I'm saying....well, your reasons seem like they could be applied for not so noble uses.....like someone who says they won't play Zelda because of Wii Music, Play, and Sports.

It's just...to me, mind you...that games should be judged by their own individual merits.

I wouldn't call anyone, nor do I think anyone is an idiot. RocketPig just interrupreted what I said in the most harsh manner possible, because it was funny and startling to do so.

I know it may seem condecending of me, but i do respect your opinions. I respect most opinions on these forums, or I wouldn't adamantly oppose so many of them. I realize the hate for Oblivion, and the timidness about this game.

I do think this game will be different from Oblivion, different enough where the people who hated Oblivion might like it. I just wish everyone could give it a try before they dismissed it as a game they never want to play.

In the meanwhile, I read somewhere about two key quest NPC's in Fallout 3 suiciding themselves by means of buggy pathing before you can interact with them. Need to confirm the details tho.

Also, did you even read the posts? Bethesda's been delivering buggy and stale games even before Oblivion. I understand you might want to clip the discussion about Bethesda's track record to just one game, but they shipped several TES games before Oblivion and they all had issues. A point I made in my second post no less and which you have yet to talk about. Obviously the first rule is always to ignore what they say and just mash your agenda but you shouldn't be so transparent about it.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

still playing and.. I dunno if it's Fallout 3 or not, but it surely is awesome!

I have found some almost game breaking bugs, I dunno how many saves you get in consoles, but I'm glad I have an "infinite" number of saves,  SPOILER: in the Fire Ants quest the Queen TELEPORTED right in front of me, I reloaded an earlier save.

so far it's a much better RPG than Mass Effect ever WANTED to be, and Mass Effect is a much better shooter than Fallout 3 ever wanted to be, at least when you're not using VATS.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!