By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 ,will you buy it?

actually, stupid faces aside it looks great. I just got outside (then I was trying to activate xfire to take some screens and it crashed haha but I'll play it again as soon as I'm finished here) and it looked great, even far away. anyway, my god, the faces are horrible, no emotions, just your average 3D model. I thought it was weird that they forced me into combat inside the vault too. the VATS actually played better than I expected, and I have to figure out about hotkeys but apparently I have to open the pipboy anytime I want to change a weapon, I don't like that.

with Mass Effect I had great expectations and got major disappointments, mostly from apparently "minor" things that to me crippled the game (the inventory hassle, side quests, bugs). that's why I don't expect what all reviews say :P

I will play more without alt+tabbing to see what happens, the forums (bethesda's and steam) are filled with people complaining about crashes, looks like Mass Effect all over again (what a coincidence :P)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Oblivion? heck their earlier elder scroll games were a buggy mess. You pretty much had to play these with a guide just to avoid the game-critical bugs. Both Morrowind and Oblivion just cemented that opinion.

The only thing their games are good for is modding and that's not something you can do on consoles.

Again, that's your opinion. I glad you decided to be so vocal about it, because hate speech is far too quite on this forum.

Yeah, sometimes I forget forums are just to exchange smily icons at each other =(

You've mentioned your opinion, and reinforced it. I found this line a tad insulting, honestly: Bethesda always has been a crappy developer, because it goes totally against my opinion, and because i respect Bethesda and the people who work there, and if nothing else, they work hard on their games. No need to campaign your opinion around and keep trying to convince others, that's all I'm saying. You're on record. You really passionately hate Bethesda, and you hate this game simply because they developed it. I understand, and it makes me sad, but let that be the end of it. No need to continually re-enforce that already flaming opinion, with new and more relevant flaming opinions.

Saying, "Nintendo has always been a crappy developer" is what I equate your statment to. That's why I've reacted the way I did.

Late reply, been playing Fable 2 furiously ;)

You see the problem is that you find opinions that aren't inline with yours insulting.

Well, I try not to get banned, so I can never be completely honest about my opinions here. Let's just say that I'm angry at your reasonings and not your opinion. It's more of a cultural divide, and while I know it's popular, I really dislike internet 2.0. Everyone, assumes that they have the same abilities as any other human, with reasoning and deduction, and thus no one ever becomes and expert, no one has ever been a laymen, and there is no skill building or knowlege required to be the absolute judge and jury on anything. To an even greater extent, things are now judged not even by their own merits, but by some lesser variable, like a trailer, screenshot, or the developer's last game, which yes, I find vastly insulting. People marginalize this game because they want some reason not to credit/purchase/or otherwise tout it. We look and hope for those reasons in all games, and all things. It's human nature. Our reasoning is not only to protect us, but to reassure us, and reduce stress.

"Caveman leave apple on tree?! Apple have worm anyway, caveman smart! Sleep well tonight."

So that's as honest as I get...without being banned for completely anti PC rhetoric.

...and by PC I mean politically correct, not personal computer.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Zen, you're an idiot with a shitty avatar who knows nothing about videogames. That better?

I understand your point about Bethesda and Fallout... And I will end up trying the game sooner or later. But you have to understand how bitter some of us are at how the franchise has been essentially disemboweled and watered down for public consumption.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Oblivion? heck their earlier elder scroll games were a buggy mess. You pretty much had to play these with a guide just to avoid the game-critical bugs. Both Morrowind and Oblivion just cemented that opinion.

The only thing their games are good for is modding and that's not something you can do on consoles.

Again, that's your opinion. I glad you decided to be so vocal about it, because hate speech is far too quite on this forum.

Yeah, sometimes I forget forums are just to exchange smily icons at each other =(

You've mentioned your opinion, and reinforced it. I found this line a tad insulting, honestly: Bethesda always has been a crappy developer, because it goes totally against my opinion, and because i respect Bethesda and the people who work there, and if nothing else, they work hard on their games. No need to campaign your opinion around and keep trying to convince others, that's all I'm saying. You're on record. You really passionately hate Bethesda, and you hate this game simply because they developed it. I understand, and it makes me sad, but let that be the end of it. No need to continually re-enforce that already flaming opinion, with new and more relevant flaming opinions.

Saying, "Nintendo has always been a crappy developer" is what I equate your statment to. That's why I've reacted the way I did.

Late reply, been playing Fable 2 furiously ;)

You see the problem is that you find opinions that aren't inline with yours insulting.

Well, I try not to get banned, so I can never be completely honest about my opinions here. Let's just say that I'm angry at your reasonings and not your opinion. It's more of a cultural divide, and while I know it's popular, I really dislike internet 2.0. Everyone, assumes that they have the same abilities as any other human, with reasoning and deduction, and thus no one ever becomes and expert, no one has ever been a laymen, and there is no skill building or knowlege required to be the absolute judge and jury on anything. To an even greater extent, things are now judged not even by their own merits, but by some lesser variable, like a trailer, screenshot, or the developer's last game, which yes, I find vastly insulting. People marginalize this game because they want some reason not to credit/purchase/or otherwise tout it. We look and hope for those reasons in all games, and all things. It's human nature. Our reasoning is not only to protect us, but to reassure us, and reduce stress.

"Caveman leave apple on tree?! Apple have worm anyway, caveman smart! Sleep well tonight."

So that's as honest as I get...without being banned for completely anti PC rhetoric.

...and by PC I mean politically correct, not personal computer.

Lot of words dude, big words.

I am still waiting tho: bring proof that Bethesda's track record is good enough (as far as glitches, bugs and generally bleak gameplay goes) thus making my initial statement "Bethesda has always been a crappy developer" wrong. You won't get banned for that - it's true that I'm no mod but I've been lurking and posting for long enough to reasonably predict a moderator won't ban you for bringing reasons against my statement. That's discussion afterall and it's the usual business in a forum like this one.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

rocketpig said:

Zen, you're an idiot with a shitty avatar who knows nothing about videogames. That better?

I understand your point about Bethesda and Fallout... And I will end up trying the game sooner or later. But you have to understand how bitter some of us are at how the franchise has been essentially disemboweled and watered down for public consumption.

lol, alright man. I get it. I'm not trying to force-feed anyone anything. It'll take time, and I haven't played Fallout 3 yet, but hopefully it'll turn out completely better than Oblivion, with the immersion aspect.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
rocketpig said:

lol, alright man. I get it. I'm not trying to force-feed anyone anything. It'll take time, and I haven't played Fallout 3 yet, but hopefully it'll turn out completely better than Oblivion, with the immersion aspect.

lol whats that saying about putting lipstick on a pig? lets face it fallout is basically oblivion set in a world were nukes blew the shit outta of the world. oblivion wasnt that great in certain aspects i admire and im more than sure fallout3 is gonna follow that, suck ass story is what im referring to btw.

edit: there are alot of others things too but i dont wont to dwell upon it in a meaningless thread

Bitmap Frogs said:

I am still waiting tho: bring proof that Bethesda's track record is good enough (as far as glitches, bugs and generally bleak gameplay goes) thus making my initial statement "Bethesda has always been a crappy developer" wrong. You won't get banned for that - it's true that I'm no mod but I've been lurking and posting for long enough to reasonably predict a moderator won't ban you for bringing reasons against my statement. That's discussion afterall and it's the usual business in a forum like this one.

RocketPig is quite astute. He deciphered my coded language.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

I'm sure that props up your ego somewhat but you won't get away with qualifying reasons as hate speech just because you don't like them.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

I'm sure that props up your ego somewhat but you won't get away with qualifying reasons as hate speech just because you don't like them.

I'm not saying reasons are hatespeech...I'm saying....well, your reasons seem like they could be applied for not so noble uses.....like someone who says they won't play Zelda because of Wii Music, Play, and Sports.

It's just...to me, mind you...that games should be judged by their own individual merits.

I wouldn't call anyone, nor do I think anyone is an idiot. RocketPig just interrupreted what I said in the most harsh manner possible, because it was funny and startling to do so.

I know it may seem condecending of me, but i do respect your opinions. I respect most opinions on these forums, or I wouldn't adamantly oppose so many of them. I realize the hate for Oblivion, and the timidness about this game.

I do think this game will be different from Oblivion, different enough where the people who hated Oblivion might like it. I just wish everyone could give it a try before they dismissed it as a game they never want to play.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

thought you'd like to see this (it's mine, btw)

by the way, he was appearing in my compass and I was loooking everywhere. I only saw him when I closed the door, and I just closed the door because I thought there was another door or something like that, the compass pointed to there. there was no clipping before, the video was recorded after I had closed the door for the first time :P

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!