By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UBISOFT and EA both earned more money on PS3 than X360

since europe is a much bigger market for ps3 than 360, games are more expensive, and euro is higher than us dollar, when converting all to american dollars, PS3 definitely generates more revenue than 360.

Around the Network
heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Commando.

What's your problem, why are you acting like you are taking this so personally. This is a FACT not an opinion, EA been said they make more revenue on the PS3 months ago, this is part of the reason that ALL upcoming EA multiplats will be PS3 lead development. You shouldn't take this subject so personally.

ROFLOL...that's pure bunk!  The reason that developers are leading with te PS3 is because it's MORE difficult to program for the PS3, and EVEN MORE difficult to port it over to other platforms, NOT because of sales.  Even the Sony spokesman said so, but i guess you're more informed.  I can assure you that when EA reports for this qtr, the % of sales will not be as favorable to PS3 as last qtr's report.  I'll even go as far as to say neither will Ubisoft's, and it's got nothing to do with undertracking, it's got to do with release sked and revenue reciept.  Fanboys ought ot stay out of financial analysis and stick to deciding who can win between Superman and Hulk..

But the sales back up the effort.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Commando.

What's your problem, why are you acting like you are taking this so personally. This is a FACT not an opinion, EA been said they make more revenue on the PS3 months ago, this is part of the reason that ALL upcoming EA multiplats will be PS3 lead development. You shouldn't take this subject so personally.

ROFLOL...that's pure bunk!  The reason that developers are leading with te PS3 is because it's MORE difficult to program for the PS3, and EVEN MORE difficult to port it over to other platforms, NOT because of sales.  Even the Sony spokesman said so, but i guess you're more informed.  I can assure you that when EA reports for this qtr, the % of sales will not be as favorable to PS3 as last qtr's report.  I'll even go as far as to say neither will Ubisoft's, and it's got nothing to do with undertracking, it's got to do with release sked and revenue reciept.  Fanboys ought ot stay out of financial analysis and stick to deciding who can win between Superman and Hulk..

CGI is right ,,I don't understamd why you have to offend someone when you are provided with facts.(companies financial reports)

so who can win between superman and hulk?casue you would know the best ;)

outlawauron said:
heruamon said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Commando.

But the sales back up the effort.

EA report this week...we will see how much backing up is provided.  It makes sense for a developer to go PS3 first, but hardly due to sales.  If so, Take Two and Activision should stick with 360 as lead, along with a host of others.  It has to do with game release sked, and when you have a PS3 exclsuive and soccer game that sell better on the ps3 in a time frame, it's little surprise on the results.  Maybe people should take the time to listen to Ubi's CC, rather than fanyboying the $$$.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

CGI-Quality said:
@ heruamon

uuuh do some research before you post about what's apparently “not true”. I don't see how what I posted constitutes being called a “fanboy” but hey what else should I expect from someone who USUALLY posts with bias. Regardless, I did some research on this very subject before I typed... you should try it sometime.

"EA been said they make more revenue on the PS3 months ago, this is part of the reason that ALL upcoming EA multiplats will be PS3 lead development"

Show me ONE STATEMENT FROM SONY OR EA that supports this comment?  That my friend, is fanboydom...it's acknowledge that PS3 is harder to program for as publicly stated by Sony and developers, but somehow you spin it to mean it's because they expect better sales for PS3 in hte future...wtf...so hard-to-program for is now a badge of honor? 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

In other news, Sony made more money on the Xbox 360 than the PS3.

Well it had to be said in a joking fashion.

Edit: Just for parity, Microsoft made more money on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. (Remember the dual shock debacle and how Microsoft got some of Sonys settlement money?)

Tease.

Uhmm OK. I don't knoe what I did, but sorry if I pissed a bunch of people off.

I'll admit that I am as guilty as virtually anyone else in the gamer community who has taken a fashion to preffering one system over another and invariably tends argue news from a bias.
This isn't a new concept, I mean, why exactly is this website here, and here as a public forum largely and not a business ap for these companys. Because thats what a good number of gamers do. WE CARE about this, even if it isn't the most logical. When we hear that one game is coming to one console and not another and so on and so forth we get upset, largely due tothe cost factors in owning games.

but, I really wasn't making it a personal thing, and I didn't mean for anyone to take it personal. Sorry 'bout that.

The only thing I was trying to point out was, that from my perspective, I understood the data in the article to be reflective of something that didn't seem to portray what others were stating in the posts above.

Furthermore, whereas I didn't go and research a bunch of stuff admitedly, I have an understanding just from visiting this website frequently that, as I have said before, the numbers on this site virtually always show that the sales of most every truly multiplatform release bieng higher on the XBOX360. For EA specifically only one soccer game has been in reverse of this in TOTAL figures. Granting that most recent games such as FIFA09 werent released yet at the time in which these numbers are meant to portray I did not factor them into my mental thought process. So basically I took what a) I percieved to be what these numbers were saying in contrast to what I had seen posted. and grouped it with b) my memory of sales statistics posted weekly on this site and made the post that I made to state the case developed in my mind.

Which more or less was %change =/= Sales totals. Revenues are thustly subjective.

A good point was made about Software costing more in other places concerning worldwide sales and that's agreeable to me. I really wasn't arguing money at all, but yeah that was a good point.

I fail to see how I was being a troll. but... Just know I wasn't meaning too. True I came in with a comment that may not have been agreeable to everyopne but thats kinda my personality.

but in closing, "I wasn't trying to fade you, I don't knoe who those peoples were" - Strong Bad.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off and caused a ruckus/fracas? maybe .. anyone?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I saw the report a few months back in another forum that said EA was bringing in more revenue from the PS3 than the 360. I'm not gonna go find it because I don't care about it that much. But the other dude is not making shit up. EA has already stated it months ago. 

On a side note I'd like to point out it wasnt till recently that the PS3 started lowering it's prices on older games. Before there was very few PS3 games that you could get for less than $60, while there was a lot of 360 games you could pick up for $40 or so. That effects revenue as well. 

thats another good point.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Oddly enough there is a significant difference in revenue gains from the respective platforms.