By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UBISOFT and EA both earned more money on PS3 than X360

Username2324 said:
DOATS1 said:
revenue is not the same as profit. chances are they had to spend more on the ps3 too.

That may be so, but it's showing them that there is money in the PS3 and to take more time on their PS3 titles. Which is good for PS3 owners, hopefully we will begin to get better multiplatform titles.

Not if they lose $100s of millions again. Because all that will prove is that they can't make money using that business model.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Username2324 said:
DOATS1 said:
revenue is not the same as profit. chances are they had to spend more on the ps3 too.

That may be so, but it's showing them that there is money in the PS3 and to take more time on their PS3 titles. Which is good for PS3 owners, hopefully we will begin to get better multiplatform titles.

Not if they lose $100s of millions again. Because all that will prove is that they can't make money using that business model.

It's obvious the business model is flawed. If you make the most money on the platform that has sold the least, that's bad business. You aren't capitalizing on the bigger markets. I see why they lost money last fiscal year.

Jo21 said:
FishyJoe said:
EA is losing money, $454 million in the last fiscal year. So I'm not sure why that would be something to brag about.

thats it mainly due harder economy it and they were trying to buy Take 2.... ask spend big money trying to do it.

The T2 acquisition has no impact on earnings, since there was no transaction. That might effect the stock price, but not earnings.

Can't blame it on the economy either, because those losses were when the economy was still decent.

DMeisterJ said:
It's all about Europe.

Games cost more over there, and sell better on the PS3.

This

All one has to do is look at the sales of Ubi's sales figure for the last 6 months to see how this happened...it's not like...oh WOW! I'll bet EA results for THIS quarter look different, and probably for Ubi as well for this upcoming quarter...and you see that in hte report for the past qtr, vice the past 6 months.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

It's crazy to see how EA isn't doing good on DS compare to Ubisoft.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Commando said:
OK ok, before some of you need to change your pants, realize that these figures are of growth revenues.

i.e. If I sold 20 appless this year and 10 last year that would be a 100% INCREASE over last year.

whereas at the same time I sold 50 oranges this year and 40 last year that would be a 25% increase.

So yeah I could say that I had 75% geater increase with apples over oranges this year, but obviously I have sold more and continue to sell more oranges, thus my orange market is stronger.

So no this data does not declare that PS3 > 360.

What you're referring to only equals that 969% figure

From my understanding, those 2 charts deal with total revenue, in which case the PS3 is tops for EA (hello Fifa in Europe) and PS3 is 2nd for Ubisoft behind the DS.

FishyJoe said:
Jo21 said:
FishyJoe said:
EA is losing money, $454 million in the last fiscal year. So I'm not sure why that would be something to brag about.

thats it mainly due harder economy it and they were trying to buy Take 2.... ask spend big money trying to do it.

The T2 acquisition has no impact on earnings, since there was no transaction. That might effect the stock price, but not earnings.

Can't blame it on the economy either, because those losses were when the economy was still decent.

The economy was decent? Since when? The economies for many countries have been doing poorly since the turn of the century, and it was pretty bad in early 2008 as well. Anyways, EA's losses don't surprise me that much. Early 2008 is likely when they're in the middle of A LOT of development (Fifa, Madden, NHL, Need for Speed, etc.), and they didn't release all that many games during that times. Losses don't surprise me, especially given the size of EA.

And that still doesn't account for the PS3's success with Ubisoft, who is quickly becoming a staple in the industry.

MontanaHatchet said:
FishyJoe said:
Jo21 said:
FishyJoe said:

The economy was decent? Since when? The economies for many countries have been doing poorly since the turn of the century, and it was pretty bad in early 2008 as well. Anyways, EA's losses don't surprise me that much. Early 2008 is likely when they're in the middle of A LOT of development (Fifa, Madden, NHL, Need for Speed, etc.), and they didn't release all that many games during that times. Losses don't surprise me, especially given the size of EA.

And that still doesn't account for the PS3's success with Ubisoft, who is quickly becoming a staple in the industry.

Compartive to the last 3 months, the economy was decent especially for the video game sector for ERTS FY08. EA was losing money while other companies like Activision were doing quite well. The $454 million loss for the entire fiscal year, so seasonal development was not a factor.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Commando.

What's your problem, why are you acting like you are taking this so personally. This is a FACT not an opinion, EA been said they make more revenue on the PS3 months ago, this is part of the reason that ALL upcoming EA multiplats will be PS3 lead development. You shouldn't take this subject so personally.

ROFLOL...that's pure bunk!  The reason that developers are leading with te PS3 is because it's MORE difficult to program for the PS3, and EVEN MORE difficult to port it over to other platforms, NOT because of sales.  Even the Sony spokesman said so, but i guess you're more informed.  I can assure you that when EA reports for this qtr, the % of sales will not be as favorable to PS3 as last qtr's report.  I'll even go as far as to say neither will Ubisoft's, and it's got nothing to do with undertracking, it's got to do with release sked and revenue reciept.  Fanboys ought ot stay out of financial analysis and stick to deciding who can win between Superman and Hulk..

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder