By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

coolestguyever said:
NightstrikerX said:
coolestguyever said:
yeah great year for PS3 in 2009. I guess the PS3's year was pushed from 2008 to 2009...There are some great releases this year like Resistance 2 and LittlebigPlanet. But 2009 has the most popular playstation franchise ever Gran Turismo

Wii is exhausted of all options except a price drop maybe or an HD model. Theres no more huge titles, they already released SMG, Mario Kart, SSBB, etc.

360 just needs to keep doing what its doing

Wii is hardly exhausted, if anything 2009 is going to unleash the potential of the wii to new heights with Wii-Motion plus. Ontop of that, We got titles like these.

• Pikmin 3
  • Wii Sports: Resort
  • The Conduit
  • Red Steel 2
  • Overlord: Dark Legend
  • Dead Rising: Chop till you drop.
  • Metroid Prime 1 *
  • Metroid Prime 2 *

* - You may be wondering why Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are on this list, apparently 7 gamecube titles are being remade for the wii, I definately look forward to it. Link

yeah those are some decent titles you listed, but nothing compared to whats already out though such as:

- Super Mario Galaxy

- Mario Kart Wii

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Metroid Prime 3

- Zelda: Twilight Princess

etc. So yes, theres some games still to come. but all the big sequels everyone expected, are already out.

Yeah, and Xbox's only big game is Halo. -_-

What's happened to you, man?  Didn't you originally have yourself playing Wii as an avatar?

Edit: wait, nvm, I'm thinking of Highwaystar XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

FFXIII better release in 2009, and not on the frickin' holidays either. It's time SE starts breaking their backs again.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

It will absolutely be better than 2008.
For the PS3, you forgot Ratchet and Clank Future Sequel. And Fat Princess!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

2009 will be the defining year for the Wii. With the launch of motion plus, it will unleash its true potential and finally live up to its initial promise of 1.1 motion control goodness.

One thing - Direct X 11 hardware/software for the PC in 2009.

As always things will get faster/cheaper on that side as well.

Tease.

Around the Network

Wii will be getting extra colours as soon as Nintendo can get supply to match demand, which I'm assuming will be 2009

Wii price drop seems unlikely

Wii Sports resort will probably be the 2nd best selling game of 2009 (behind Wii Sports)

Wii should get Spore in '09. If the other consoles get it it will be in '10

Firmware upgrades - Support for playing games off SD cards, more interaction with the DSi

i dont know about the other ones, but for the wii it will definitely be a really important year.

This year has been very good to us, but when you put it up against the stuff that is supposed to be out next year, it almost makes 08 look like an off year for gaming.

2009 Probables;

Alan Wake
Halo Recon
Hao Wars
Splinter Cell Conviction
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Infamous
Ratchet and Clank Future 2
Naughty Dog's Second PS3 Title (It will happen, and U2 looks most probable)
M.assive A.ction G.ame
The Agency
Free Realms
Final Fantasy XIII (only in Japan)
Call of Duty 5 (Infinaty Wards follow up to COD4)
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
White Knight Chronicals (Outside of Japan)
Bioshock 2

That is just a list of the games I am going to buy next year off the top of my head. I know I am missing some, and I just checked with IGN's release schedule for PS3 and 360 next year. From what I saw there are quite a few others that I have a day one feel about, but they are not as solid of 09 titles, meaning they may slip.

Now add to that a few awsome firmeware updates to the PS3 and 360. Home coming into it own, and the possibiltiy of price drops and hardware revisions. I think 09 will be better than 08 in every way. Next year things should start to get interesting around this place. If Sony starts taking off and Nintendo starts flatening, this will be the most exiting place to be. I hope both MS and Sony get out the slim modles next fall. I will pick up a new PS3 and 360 should that happen.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Why people keep saying that God of War would be out next year??? has sony confirmed that?

coolestguyever said:
NightstrikerX said:
coolestguyever said:
yeah great year for PS3 in 2009. I guess the PS3's year was pushed from 2008 to 2009...There are some great releases this year like Resistance 2 and LittlebigPlanet. But 2009 has the most popular playstation franchise ever Gran Turismo

Wii is exhausted of all options except a price drop maybe or an HD model. Theres no more huge titles, they already released SMG, Mario Kart, SSBB, etc.

360 just needs to keep doing what its doing

Wii is hardly exhausted, if anything 2009 is going to unleash the potential of the wii to new heights with Wii-Motion plus. Ontop of that, We got titles like these.

• Pikmin 3
  • Wii Sports: Resort
  • The Conduit
  • Red Steel 2
  • Overlord: Dark Legend
  • Dead Rising: Chop till you drop.
  • Metroid Prime 1 *
  • Metroid Prime 2 *

* - You may be wondering why Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are on this list, apparently 7 gamecube titles are being remade for the wii, I definately look forward to it. Link

yeah those are some decent titles you listed, but nothing compared to whats already out though such as:

- Super Mario Galaxy

- Mario Kart Wii

- Metroid Prime 3

- Zelda: Twilight Princess

etc. So yes, theres some games still to come. but all the big sequels everyone expected, are already out.

Okay, firstly, as we are comparing 2 years to each other, adding Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Galaxy is silly, as they are all pre-2008 games.

The big 2008 Wii releases are/were

- Wii Fit

- Mario Kart Wii

- Animal Crossing

- Wii Music

That's it for the huge releases. For a comparison, what we are likely to see in 2009.

- Pikmin 3 (almost certainly)

- Wii Sports Resort (certain)

- Kirby Wii (very probable)

- Kid Icarus (neither probable nor unlikely I'd say).

- Monster Hunter (may not be huge, and may be 08).

Wii Sports Resort is huge, Wii Fit size. Pikmin 3 + Kirby Wii is big, and combined they're Brawl size I guess.

As we all know, Nintendo do not intend to tell about games early, and we're very likely to see several new games anounced. I think 09 will be as great for Nintendo as 08 was.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS