By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

dedis GR said:
Spankey said:
dedis GR said:
Hope so...although we are in middle of market crisis!

Nintendo-->Wii

Wii speak channel
Spore (wii version)
Pikmin 3
Wii Sports: Resort
The Conduit
Red Steel 2
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2
''Play on Wii'' titles

Sony-->PS3
Maybe a 50euros price cut.

Home
Gran turismo 5
God of war 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Killzone 2
Final FAntasy XIII

Microsoft-->XBOX360

Bioshock 2
Call of Duty: World at War
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Final FAntasy XIII
Halo Wars

Alan Wake on PS3? Awesome!

At first was going to be for PS3, now I think it's for both consoles.... I'm not sure...

Alan Wake is a 360 exclusive. I believe this is why the PS3 has Heavy Rain to fight it off (Which I doubt it will, but the graphics look awesome) .

Around the Network

As it stands both systems will be even for the full year having hits in 2009. I believe the Xbox 360 will walk out having more heavy hitters though than the PS3 going towards 2010. I thought 2008 was going to be the year of the PS3, but eh.

NNN2004 said:

why sony fans still mention games not even announced .. ( Uncharted 2 ) !?

Well, to be honest, Nintendo owners do too. We don't know Kirby is coming, and we don't know Kid Icarus are coming. We don't know Zelda is coming at all on Wii, it is likely, but the title isn't announced yet.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Ok I added some on list...But looks like Microsoft and nintendo Ds are in trouble.

Take my love, take my land..

nintendo DS in trouble? i doubt it althought it will be the peak year if 2008 isnt

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

2009 will be even more nintendomination

Simulacrum said:
Ok I added some on list...But looks like Microsoft and nintendo Ds are in trouble.

I don't think so. The DS in Japan is getting hit by Dragon Quest IX, one of their biggest franchises. The west gets a GTA game. Besides that, there's whatever Nintendo plans for the future (who knows), on top of the current best selling games (many old games are still selling the DS). Either way, the PSP has far more to worry about compared to the DS. The DS will see support no matter what, due to its massive userbase.

Microsoft, I'm not too sure about. I think they've been withholding their games like Nintendo does. If Sony seems to be in a better position because of their (currently) stronger 09' lineup, keep in mind that they announce their games earlier than Ninty/MS does.

overall i think 2009 has the chance to have a lot great gamereleases. but nothing is guaranteed yet, things might get delayed, some games might not live up to the expectations...

all platforms have exciting things announced so it might be a very big year if all lives up to the hype.

c0rd said:
Simulacrum said:

I don't think so. The DS in Japan is getting hit by Dragon Quest IX, one of their biggest franchises. The west gets a GTA game. Besides that, there's whatever Nintendo plans for the future (who knows), on top of the current best selling games (many old games are still selling the DS). Either way, the PSP has far more to worry about compared to the DS. The DS will see support no matter what, due to its massive userbase.

Microsoft, I'm not too sure about. I think they've been withholding their games like Nintendo does. If Sony seems to be in a better position because of their (currently) stronger 09' lineup, keep in mind that they announce their games earlier than Ninty/MS does.

Yeah Yeha Ds will keep on selling without new games but I'm not gonna buy it again if no good games are coming,maybe if new Castlevania and Advance wars come,or good Megaman game.And Gta Chinatown will flop like Call Of Duty 4 ds.Or maybe finaly it will stop selling so huge.

Take my love, take my land..

Games that won't make it next year in the west:

God of War 3 (early 2010 I guess)
FFXIII (early 2010 as well)

Kirby Wii (not gonna happen)
Kid Icarus (IGN rumor, not worth much)

You forgot a lot of important titles such as Resident Evil 5...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...