By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

I have a gut feeling Zelda Wii will be a cmas 09 title.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said: 

Okay, firstly, as we are comparing 2 years to each other, adding Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Galaxy is silly, as they are all pre-2008 games.

The big 2008 Wii releases are/were

- Wii Fit

- Mario Kart Wii

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Animal Crossing

- Wii Music

That's it for the huge releases. For a comparison, what we are likely to see in 2009.

- Pikmin 3 (almost certainly)

- Wii Sports Resort (certain)

- Kirby Wii (very probable)

- Kid Icarus (neither probable nor unlikely I'd say).

- Monster Hunter (may not be huge, and may be 08).

Wii Sports Resort is huge, Wii Fit size. Pikmin 3 + Kirby Wii is big, and combined they're Brawl size I guess.

As we all know, Nintendo do not intend to tell about games early, and we're very likely to see several new games anounced. I think 09 will be as great for Nintendo as 08 was.

How can you forget Punch Out?

1.1 motion controls + balance board support = epic win.

Maybe I'm the only one on this forum (I really hope not), but the release of GhostBusters in June/July has me tingling all over too.
Yup, 2009's going to be a great place for gamers.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Xponent said:
Oyvoyvoyv said: 

Okay, firstly, as we are comparing 2 years to each other, adding Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and Galaxy is silly, as they are all pre-2008 games.

The big 2008 Wii releases are/were

- Wii Fit

- Mario Kart Wii

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Animal Crossing

- Wii Music

That's it for the huge releases. For a comparison, what we are likely to see in 2009.

- Pikmin 3 (almost certainly)

- Wii Sports Resort (certain)

- Kirby Wii (very probable)

- Kid Icarus (neither probable nor unlikely I'd say).

- Monster Hunter (may not be huge, and may be 08).

Wii Sports Resort is huge, Wii Fit size. Pikmin 3 + Kirby Wii is big, and combined they're Brawl size I guess.

As we all know, Nintendo do not intend to tell about games early, and we're very likely to see several new games anounced. I think 09 will be as great for Nintendo as 08 was.

How can you forget Punch Out?

1.1 motion controls + balance board support = epic win.

Because I'm talking about the importance of the games, not their quality. Punch out may be big, but it's not really going to be huge, like the titles I listed. The reason I listed MH, despite the fact that it might end lower than Punch Out in sales, is that it is very important in Japan, and could move a lot of hardware.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wasn't Ghostbusters caned?

And the Wii has so much to look forward to in 2009, especially on the RPG front, titles like Fragile, tales of Symphonia, Arc Rise, FF: CC, and the untitled Konami and Square Wii RPG projects ect.

Plus all the other stuff like Wii Motion Plus, Wii speak, Punch Out, Sin and Punishment 2, Space Walker, Kid Icarus, No More Heroes 2, Mad World, The Conduict, Red Steel 2, Dead Rising, Deadly Creatures, Pikmin 3, Pikmin and Metroid Wii-makes and Monster Hunter 3 plus all the stuff I forgot..

Hopefully well get to see Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Fatal frame IV in 2009 too, if 2008 wont let us..

And Nintendo is bound to show of the new Zelda Wii in 2009, perhaps it wil even see a relase next year, and then there's all the other Nintendo franchies peolple are still waiting for - like Wave Racer, 1080, Donkey Kong, Eternal darkness, Pilot Wings and Star Fox - plus new IP's..
And maybe the rumored straight sequel to Super Mario Galaxy..

And then there's the inevitable price drop, and maybe the new colors, if these things happen in 2009, the Wii will most likely become as imposible to get a hold of as when it was relased..

So I really don't see, whats up with the "Umm" parts in the Nintendo section of your topic, since 2009 is definetly shaping up to be just as great a year, if not better for the Wii..

Around the Network
DaCountOfFat said:
Wasn't Ghostbusters caned?

And the Wii has so much to look forward to in 2009, especially on the RPG front, titles like Fragile, tales of Symphonia, Arc Rise, FF: CC, and the untitled Konami and Square Wii RPG projects ect.

Plus all the other stuff like Wii Motion Plus, Wii speak, Punch Out, Sin and Punishment 2, Space Walker, Kid Icarus, No More Heroes 2, Mad World, The Conduict, Red Steel 2, Dead Rising, Deadly Creatures, Pikmin 3, Pikmin and Metroid Wii-makes and Monster Hunter 3 plus all the stuff I forgot..

Hopefully well get to see Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Fatal frame IV in 2009 too, if 2008 wont let us..

And Nintendo is bound to show of the new Zelda Wii in 2009, perhaps it wil even see a relase next year, and then there's all the other Nintendo franchies peolple are still waiting for - like Wave Racer, 1080, Donkey Kong, Eternal darkness, Pilot Wings and Star Fox - plus new IP's..
And maybe the rumored straight sequel to Super Mario Galaxy..

And then there's the inevitable price drop, and maybe the new colors, if these things happen in 2009, the Wii will most likely become as imposible to get a hold of as when it was relased..

So I really don't see, whats up with the "Umm" parts in the Nintendo section of your topic, since 2009 is definetly shaping up to be just as great a year, if not better for the Wii..

I hope not - the GB site's still up (which doesn't mean much, I know) but it's said they're holding off releasing it for the 25th aniversary in June/July next year.

A canned GB would make me very unhappy in my pants lol.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/08/05/sony-ghostbusters-game-not-canceled

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Hope so...although we are in middle of market crisis!

Nintendo-->Wii

Wii speak channel
Spore (wii version)
Pikmin 3
Wii Sports: Resort
The Conduit
Red Steel 2
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2
''Play on Wii'' titles

Sony-->PS3
Maybe a 50euros price cut.

Home
Gran turismo 5
God of war 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Killzone 2
Final FAntasy XIII

Microsoft-->XBOX360

Bioshock 2
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Final FAntasy XIII
Halo Wars

dedis GR said:

Nintendo-->Wii

Wii speak channel
Spore (wii version)
Pikmin 3
The Conduit
Red Steel 2
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2
''Play on Wii'' titles

Sony-->PS3

Home
Gran turismo 5
God of war 3
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Killzone 2
Final FAntasy XIII

Microsoft-->XBOX360

Bioshock 2
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Final FAntasy XIII
Halo Wars

Alan Wake on PS3? Awesome!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

why sony fans still mention games not even announced .. ( Uncharted 2 ) !?

Spankey said:
dedis GR said:

Nintendo-->Wii

Wii speak channel
Spore (wii version)
Pikmin 3
The Conduit
Red Steel 2
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2
''Play on Wii'' titles

Sony-->PS3

Home
Gran turismo 5
God of war 3
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Killzone 2
Final FAntasy XIII

Microsoft-->XBOX360

Bioshock 2
Street Fighter 4
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Alan Wake
Final FAntasy XIII
Halo Wars

Alan Wake on PS3? Awesome!

At first was going to be for PS3, now I think it's for both consoles.... I'm not sure...