By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

@ coolest guy ever

wii is hardly exhausted, its potential has hardly been exploited at all

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 5? Isn't that 2010 more likely? Especially since most of us don't live in Japan (only region I can see 09 happening).

I'm confused though, what do you mean by better year? Are you talking about sales, or for our (gamers) enjoyment? If it's sales, you missed the biggest selling game of next year (hint: it starts with "Wii").

One of the best selling handheld games will be Dragon Quest IX. Haven't looked at the DS all that much.

I'll just list Wii games people are looking forward to here: Arc Rise Fantasia, Spyborgs, Muramasa: Demon Blade, The Conduit, Monster Hunter 3, Little King's Story... also the slew of games Nintendo announced at TGS (not sure which are coming to the west). Nintendo may have more coming later in the year.

@coolestguyever: Again, the best selling game of next year is coming around springtime, and it's on the Wii. Nintendo is hard at work with their own games, while third parties have quite a lot coming. They don't need to price drop to make sales, and just forget about the HD model idea.

edit: I'm a slow poster, sorry

@ c0rd

lol @ our similar posts

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Simulacrum said:
blazinhead89 said:
LOL @ Your sig -_-

...What?

In your Sig. "if you piss me off i will add you to my death note" -_-

c0rd said:

Gran Turismo 5? Isn't that 2010 more likely? Especially since most of us don't live in Japan (only region I can see 09 happening).

I'm confused though, what do you mean by better year? Are you talking about sales, or for our (gamers) enjoyment? If it's sales, you missed the biggest selling game of next year (hint: it starts with "Wii").

One of the best selling handheld games will be Dragon Quest IX. Haven't looked at the DS all that much.

I'll just list Wii games people are looking forward to here: Arc Rise Fantasia, Spyborgs, Muramasa: Demon Blade, The Conduit, Monster Hunter 3, Little King's Story... also the slew of games Nintendo announced at TGS (not sure which are coming to the west). Nintendo may have more coming later in the year.

@coolestguyever: Again, the best selling game of next year is coming around springtime, and it's on the Wii. Nintendo is hard at work with their own games, while third parties have quite a lot coming. They don't need to price drop to make sales, and just forget about the HD model idea.

edit: I'm a slow poster, sorry

...I could just ignore you...but, "you missed the biggest selling game of next year (hint: it starts with "Wii")."

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
yeah great year for PS3 in 2009. I guess the PS3's year was pushed from 2008 to 2009...There are some great releases this year like Resistance 2 and LittlebigPlanet. But 2009 has the most popular playstation franchise ever Gran Turismo

Wii is exhausted of all options except a price drop maybe or an HD model. Theres no more huge titles, they already released SMG, Mario Kart, SSBB, etc.

360 just needs to keep doing what its doing

Wii is hardly exhausted, if anything 2009 is going to unleash the potential of the wii to new heights with Wii-Motion plus. Ontop of that, We got titles like these.

• Pikmin 3
  • Wii Sports: Resort
  • The Conduit
  • Red Steel 2
  • Overlord: Dark Legend
  • Dead Rising: Chop till you drop.
  • Metroid Prime 1 *
  • Metroid Prime 2 *

* - You may be wondering why Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are on this list, apparently 7 gamecube titles are being remade for the wii, I definately look forward to it. Link

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

PC is going to have one of it's best years ever (maybe even topping that 1998 behemoth year), and is going to be covered by dozens of massive titles that are the best of it's kind:

Alternativa
America's Army 3
Anno 1404
Battleforge
The Broken Hourglass
Chrome 2
Cities XL
Culpa Innata 2
Dawn of War 2
Demigod
Diablo 3

Disciples III: Renaissance
Dragon Age: Origins
Drakensang: The Dark Eye
Empire: Total War 
Global Agenda
Gobliiins 4
Gray Matter
Hearts of Iron III
Infinity: The Quest for Earth
Jagged Alliance 3
Jumpgate Evolution
Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark
Love
Majesty 2 – The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
Risen
Shattered Horizon
The Sims 3
Star Trek Supremacy
Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty
Still Life 2
Star Trek Online
Storm of War: Battle of Britain
Microsoft Train Simulator 2
Universe Online
Zeno Clash

and that's only some of the exclusives.

Simulacrum said:

First to Sony:

-PS3 might get price drop and slim model.And new colours could be coming, at least to Europe (still with the black)

- Huge games like Gran Turismo 5,God Of War 3,Killzone 2,Infamous,Final Fantasy XIII(+Verus maybe) (probably),Tekken 6,Resident Evil 5,Street Fighter 4,Bioshock 2,Heavy Rain,Uncharted 2 (?)...

- More PS3 special features keep on coming with fimware updates,and we at Europe might get to buy/rent movies at PSN.

-Blu-ray might take over DVD,at least it will increase.

- PSP will keep on updating trough fimware,maybe new colours.Due new models overtaking 1000,piracy might go down.

- Sony said some time ago that 2009 will be great year for PSP,many unannounced titles,but some good games like Resistance Retrubution,Parasite Eve 3,Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep,Star Ocean 2,Patapon 2,Monster Hunter Unite,Final Fantasy Dissidia and maybe FF Agito.

Microsoft:

-Slim model might come,Red Ring Of Dead might vanish to darkness.

-Some games I have heard,like Alan Wake,Bioshock 2,Res 5,Street Fighter 4,Final fantasy XIII,Halo Wars (?),Ninja Blade,Mass Effect 2(?),Tekken 6.

-More special features with upgrades (it upgrades right?)

Nintendo

-Umm...Price drop?

-Umm....Muramasa,Madworld,FF Chrystal Crhonicles,Tenchu 4,Dead Rising:CTYD...

-New Ds model,new colours?

-Umm...Fire Emblem:SD,Mario and Luigi Rpg 3 (sorry lol),Kingdom Hears 358/2 Days,Pokemon platinium,...

Well I don't know much about Wii/Xbox360/Ds(maybe I don't know even Ps3/PSP), so post some here and I'll add them to list..

Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

+ Nintendo:

Wii:   DDoC in USA (extremely likely), MAYBE FF4 in USA and UE, Spyborgs, MH3, probably more news about FFCC: CB, Motion+, maybe Ubisoft to show something about RS2, Sin $ Punishment 2, Punch Out Wii, Sonic & TBK, The Conduit, More of NMH2 to be shown.

Not mention probable information on sequency/ies from one/some of the huge Nintendo's library (Kid Icarus, DK, Star Fox, Pilot Wings, Eternal Darkness, Wave Race, etc).

More developers focusing more on Wii, since is on the way to cross 50% marketshare.

Likely to the next Nintendo's conference in october to be very pleasant.

DS:  Huge sales, as always, DQ IX, GTA: CW and many many more games (As I only have a PSP I'm not well informed about releases)

Is going to pass 100M mark VERY VERY EASILY.

Simulacrum said:

...I could just ignore you...but, "you missed the biggest selling game of next year (hint: it starts with "Wii")."

Eh? What's the ignore thing about? Did I come off as fanboyish?

If it helps at all, you can throw Yakuza 3 into the PS3 mix. Some games you listed won't make it out of Japan 09' anyway.

@shio: Topping 98'? Impossible!

But no offense or anything, we just don't include PC in this as it isn't in the, uh, "console wars." It's funny seeing you come in and bringing PC into the discussion all the time though.

NightstrikerX said:
coolestguyever said:
yeah great year for PS3 in 2009. I guess the PS3's year was pushed from 2008 to 2009...There are some great releases this year like Resistance 2 and LittlebigPlanet. But 2009 has the most popular playstation franchise ever Gran Turismo

Wii is exhausted of all options except a price drop maybe or an HD model. Theres no more huge titles, they already released SMG, Mario Kart, SSBB, etc.

360 just needs to keep doing what its doing

Wii is hardly exhausted, if anything 2009 is going to unleash the potential of the wii to new heights with Wii-Motion plus. Ontop of that, We got titles like these.

• Pikmin 3
  • Wii Sports: Resort
  • The Conduit
  • Red Steel 2
  • Overlord: Dark Legend
  • Dead Rising: Chop till you drop.
  • Metroid Prime 1 *
  • Metroid Prime 2 *

* - You may be wondering why Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are on this list, apparently 7 gamecube titles are being remade for the wii, I definately look forward to it. Link

yeah those are some decent titles you listed, but nothing compared to whats already out though such as:

- Super Mario Galaxy

- Mario Kart Wii

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Metroid Prime 3

- Zelda: Twilight Princess

etc. So yes, theres some games still to come. but all the big sequels everyone expected, are already out.