By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is 360 the reason why FF 13/versus isnt coming out until 2010

If money was the ONLY reason why they would be doing this, FF would be coming to the wii first. wii trumps 360+PS3 combined.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
Kingdizzii said:
Yeah I mean if money was everything SE might as well have put all PS2 FF on xbox and gamecube as well for that 30% share.

For the love of God, just shut it. You posts in this thread have been nothing but a joke. They must hate Wada because they said a joke about him ohh nooooeeesss. Just how stupid is that?

If you want to post, than at least do it properly, ergo : don't use your imagination as a fact creation tool.

OT: Actually everything is being ported from a PC. Thus it will probably take less time to port it to the xbox360 than to the ps3, although maybe the Crystal tools that they have developed for the game will nullify the difference in both platforms.

Add also that SE has a long history of taking its sweet time with localising their games outside of Japan, and there you go.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Killergran said:
Godot said:
Kingdizzii said:
Versus is not even coming to 360......

FFXIII is releasing in 2009 for Japan, translation for NA and EU takes about 6 months and in that time the 360 version will be made so it has nothing to do with release dates or delays.

6 months for translation??? Did you know movies get translated in about 1-3 weeks... You can also start the localization before the game is out. After all, translation is taking the script and rewriting the lines into another language. The game doesn't need to be finished to do that. Same goes for recording the VA. Also, FF XIII VS is delayed because the game can't be released before FFXIII.

So, the game is delayed because of Xbox 360.

Just pause, look at that sentence one more time and then think of the difference between translating a movie (usually subtitles, I gather) and translating a JRPG. I'm sure you will see things in a new light.

Nah I meant the whole localization process (translating the text of the menus, the game and recording the voice acting). Of course it takes a bit longer for a game than a movie as a movie is about 2 hours and a game like Final Fantasy has more dialogue. A book takes from 2 to 4 months to translate and books contain much more text than video games. Also, do you know how companies work with their localization? A big company like EA will have translated everything and recorded every lines of voice acting before the game has been finished. One of the difficult part of being a voice actor for video games is that you usually don't work with table readings or any actual footage of the game. They just make you record lines in a studio that has a contract with the developer.

Now, Square Enix are extreme perfectionists and they most likely want everything to be perfect and that must be why it takes them more time to localize than Namco or Capcom.

@Kingdizzii: perhaps to interview with the pissed Kitase or Nomura would be good to back your claims. (sorry for the bold I can't remove it).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Every game is developed on computers (some of those are not PCs, remember the PC definition), but every engine has different characteristics, like the console in mind.

Crystal Tools was created first with the PS3 in mind, Nomura himself said that the White Engine was created in the switch from the PlayStation 2 to the PlayStation 3 for Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, and it stayed PS3 only until they renamed it to Crystal Tools and added 360, Windows PC and Wii compatibility...

The Unreal Engine 3 on the other hand, was made with Windows PCs in mind, and then they added full 360 support and a real inferior PS3 support until 2007 when Sony announced a partnership with them to optimize the Engine for the PS3; and now an unnamed licensee is trying to port the Unreal Engine 3 to the Wii...

As you can see, CT was made with the PS3 in mind, UE3 was made with Windows PCs in mind, then they added the rest of the support, but both of them are computer tools...

Kingdizzii said:
2 million sales for FFXIII and in return Wada's 2 top employees are pissed off. They could leave and that would be it, SE would be finished and anyone who says different are just stupid. So gaining 2M sales and potentially losing millions more, does anyone know here of good business?

Guess it is only me

Would you like to be a little more melodramatic? It might help you get your point across better.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

it was a week ago and was on n4g, not going to waste my time looking for it but it is there, a page from Famitsu where Nomura and Kitase joked about it.

Tension between wada and Kitase, honestly cant remember?

Something along those lines, best not to think I am lying here, many people have thought that in the past and end up looking like retards.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/square-enix-news/square-enix/kitase-reviews-the-last-guy--wants-a-mission-to-save-wada-1224177312.html

There you go, interpretate that how you want ;)

The interview was with Nomura and Kitase so Kitase did all the talking after all his game is the one which has gone multi-plat. Had Versus gone to 360 because Wada wanted that, well would be very interesting to see what his reaction would have been. It's funny though how Versus has been mentioned since, as though Nomura made it clear where Versus was going to stay.

I agree that Wada only cares about profit and rightly so, business is to make money but it does not change that Kitase is not happy at all with the decision he made. I do believe that the game would have sold fine a PS3 only title, I could understand if the 360 was big in Japan but it just is not. Also if you want big sales you make games for the Wii and DS, from a business point of view the multi-platform jump is confusing to not include the Wii.

FFXIII Versus is still PS3 exclusive, is Wada wanted more money why would he keep that one exclusive? It is much darker then FFXIII, would appeal to much of the 360 demographic compared to FFXIII. Versus seems to be a case where Wada could not force Nomura, after all he is the character designer and director for so many upcoming SE games.

Any version of FFXIII on Wii would have been good for sales, would have taken much less time to complete and so what it the graphics were downgraded, Wii sales in Japan show that graphics mean nothing there.

It's like the Monster Hunter 3 case, could have sold about 2M on PS3 but the numbers now due to it being on Wii will be tremendous. If business want to make huge profit make games especially Japanese games on the Wii or handhelds, DQ has already gone that way as has DQ, expect the nect FF flagship game to be on a Nintendo console.