By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is 360 the reason why FF 13/versus isnt coming out until 2010

NiKKoM said:
Kingdizzii said:
All I know is that localization is when the 360 version will be made and also Nomura as well as Kitase are pissed off with Wada due to the game going on 360. The port will be done by some C team at SE so the port might take even longer, add on all the changes which will have to be made one has to think about Wada being an absolute idiot. He made the deal himself, pissed off his 2 star employees for what, another 2 million sales?

Which could be the difference of breaking even in costs so he can save his company and all his employees from getting fired... It's not cheap to make big HD Games like FFXiii..

Yeah, 2 mil is hardly nothing... And I never heard of Kojima being pissed by the port.

Also, I know FF takes usually a long time before they get release in the west but it's not because translation takes a long time. It's because Square Enix is the slowest company in the world. Tales of Vesperia contains much more dialogue and Voice actor than FFX and FFXII combined and it was released in North America with only 1 month of difference.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

2 million sales for FFXIII and in return Wada's 2 top employees are pissed off. They could leave and that would be it, SE would be finished and anyone who says different are just stupid. So gaining 2M sales and potentially losing millions more, does anyone know here of good business?

Guess it is only me

Godot said:
Kingdizzii said:
Versus is not even coming to 360......

FFXIII is releasing in 2009 for Japan, translation for NA and EU takes about 6 months and in that time the 360 version will be made so it has nothing to do with release dates or delays.

6 months for translation??? Did you know movies get translated in about 1-3 weeks... You can also start the localization before the game is out. After all, translation is taking the script and rewriting the lines into another language. The game doesn't need to be finished to do that. Same goes for recording the VA. Also, FF XIII VS is delayed because the game can't be released before FFXIII.

So, the game is delayed because of Xbox 360.

Just pause, look at that sentence one more time and then think of the difference between translating a movie (usually subtitles, I gather) and translating a JRPG. I'm sure you will see things in a new light.

This is invisible text!

I don't think this is the reason.

2 million worth of sales?? nope... 2 million worth of sales + whatever amount Microsoft threw to them... (Yes i said it)...

Around the Network

Yes, definitely

The launch would have very likely been a WW one this christmas. As it stands now, I am expecting a summer launch in Japan, and then spring in the US, and probably a few months later for Europe

Kingdizzii said:
2 million sales for FFXIII and in return Wada's 2 top employees are pissed off. They could leave and that would be it, SE would be finished and anyone who says different are just stupid. So gaining 2M sales and potentially losing millions more, does anyone know here of good business?

Guess it is only me

*Starts laughing* ... fanboyism good business... *can't stop laughing*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM if your going to make such stupid comments as least back it up in stead of a retarded one liner.

*laughs at the retard*

Kingdizzii said:
NiKKoM if your going to make such stupid comments as least back it up in stead of a retarded one liner.

*laughs at the retard*

First of all.. 2 millions worth of sales is big..

Second: Do you really think their 2 top employees are mad for bringing the game to the 360?? Why would they be? So that more people can play the game? Yes that would make me mad! Does the game suffer in quality? No cause their still making the PS3 version.. So why are they mad? Cause it will make money for them so they can make a next project?

Talking about money.. Don't you realise that they could have made that move because of the prospect of selling too few copies on the PS3 thus not make back the development costs of the game? By bringing it to the 360 they secure themselfs of a future.
The company will not go bankrupt and their 2 "top" employees will continue to have a job.. SE doesn't care about fanboyism, it want's to survive and make a profit. That's good business.. making as much money as you can.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The reason both games aren't coming for at least another year is the PS3. SE made statements early on hinting at being uncomfortable releasing on a low userbase. One of the more interesting ones was when they hinted they might not release it in Japan until the PS3 sells 5 million there.

These games are massive and expensive projects for them. They need it to sell millions, and they simply couldn't risk releasing it until there were enough consoles in consumer hands. They don't care about the state of the console war outside of the absolute numbers in circulation, they just want their money.