By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KylieDog said:
You just aditted you were completely wrong? Cool.

See how easy it is to put words into mouths?

I didn't put words into your mouth, you just flung out a bunch of generalizations, and I interrupreted them the only way they couldn't been interrupreted at the time. If you explain yourself a little more, when you post, and try not to be so argumentative, hostile, and also try not to generalize so much, your posts would be a lot more elegant.

What if I said, "LBP is over-rated, because of hype! It's boring as hell imo."

Do I too, not deserve to be flamed?

You certainly did.

Don't flame games like Bioshock, or LBP without some pretty stout credentials and valid complaints. "It's boring" isn't one. Someone will probably take offense, and you should try not to post flamebait. Just PC it up a little bit and you'll be fine.

Finally, watch the PC hate. There is no need for that. This isn't fanboy wars. We're a website here, that involves all games. PC isn't a console, but it is a platform, and games can be multiplatform, no matter what anyone says.

I'm cool with ending this if you are.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
I'm cool with ending this if you are.

A. Why would I read your text crit, when you refused to read mine?

B. You implied everything that I stated as your assumptions, and I can put a quote from you behind each one. I made sure of that before I posted.

C. I thought you wanted to end this a while ago, since you said:

Tackle what I say, or don't post. Don't post or twist whatever you want and say I said it.

You are just lying, and I am done with you.

D. ...and for the record, my "bad assumptions by KylieDog" post was dead on, imo, and I still highly doubt you've ever even played Bioshock.

The only person who is twisting what you said is yourself, when you backed out of your flamebait assumptions after they were brought to light.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Jesus Christ, Can you guys take it to the PM? I'd rather read about what users think about the sales numbers of Bioshock for the PS3 rather than read the whole "you said this", "no, I didn't" arguments.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

1. PC/360 games are exclusive Xbox 360 games - I put the hype down to it(Bioshock) being a 360 exclusive and just fuel for fanboy wars like every other exclusive. Oh don't try that PC nosense.   It is the CONSOLE war, PC doesn't even come into it.(PC is a platform, and Bioshock is a multiplatform game, so CONSOLE war doesn't even come into it.) Games released on a PC as well as a single console are still exclusive as far as 'the next gen war' goes.(So, technically I'm right?)

2. Exclusive games are always over-rated - I put the hype down to it being a 360 exclusive and just fuel for fanboy wars like every other exclusive. It is another overated overhyped exclusive that now its gone multiplat is showing its true colours(flamebait). This is why the game got so hyped, its exclusive,

3. Game reviews mean nothing whatsoever - You listen to review sites? Oh dear. Unlike you, my knowledge of the review system is from first hand experience.  I know just how broken, pressured and lost of its true purpose the system is because I've seen what goes on 'behind the scenes' through working there. (Thus reviews mean nothing and shouldn't be listened to?)

4. Bioshock is a bad game - I never saw what the big deal about Bioshock was. The game was boring as hell.

5. Bioshock is an Xbox 360 exclusive - I put the hype down to it being a 360 exclusive and just fuel for fanboy wars like every other exclusive.(no need to list everytime, as you still openly claim this was true)

6. Left 4 Dead is an Xbox 360 exclusive game - Left 4 Dead is a timed exclusive

7. A games quality is always determined by sales - It is another overated overhyped exclusive that now its gone multiplat is showing its true colours.(by selling poorly? How else has it performed poorly, certainly not reviews.)

8. Everything we're discussing is related to Console Wars, and thus PC is an irrelivant medium - Oh don't try that PC nosense.   It is the CONSOLE war, PC doesn't even come into it. PC is not in competition with consoles, never has been, never will be.

Due to popular demand, this will be my last retort to Kyliedawg, and it's a humdinger, and I hope it clears up what this argument is all about, which hits at the heart of incorrect assumptions about why these sales were so poor:

BLUE - Are IN CONTEXT quotes from Kyliedog earlier in the thread. Sentences seperated by periods will be from seperate posts, because it's easier than putting quotations around each one.

My comments on my findings @Kylie:

What am I supposed to think? You don't think any of that stuff sounds arrogant? Do you realize that most of it goes against generally accepted wisdom on these forums? Especially the PC thing. The Bioshock developers won't be the first game developers to say something ignorant about the PC or its viability as a game platform. Either way, technically, I'm correct. PC is a gaming platform. L4D is a multiplat game and so was Bioshock. It wasn't very hyped until after the reviews hit, either, and not many 360 fanboys flamed the game once the PS3 version was release, on this forum at least.

Don't you see how what you said could be misleading, insulting, and worthy of at least a challenge?

What if I said that stuff about LBP, would I deserve to be flamed? Oh hell yes.

Everyone, including you, knows I'm right about that, at least.

Afterall, you have actually implied that "word got around that the metacritic score was BS and that it was just really boring so no-one bought it." That is completely ignoring the trend of other lately released multiplats, which sell better on their original platform. Maybe that's why it didn't sell well, instead of it being boring...

So, nice argument. G'day.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Like Eternal Sonata, Bioshock will sell only a fraction of the amount it did on the PS3 as it did on the X360. It's a general rule. A multi-platform game will only sell well on multiple systems when it comes out at the same time on all systems.

For example, I'm sure if they ported MGS4 to the X360, It would barely get 500-600k sales lifetime compared to the near 4-5 mil it would reach on the PS3. And that's a PS3 flagship game.

Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. I am fairly certain LBP would sell millions on the X360 if it was ported there.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network
Shoestar said:
Like Eternal Sonata, Bioshock will sell only a fraction of the amount it did on the PS3 as it did on the X360. It's a general rule. A multi-platform game will only sell well on multiple systems when it comes out at the same time on all systems.

For example, I'm sure if they ported MGS4 to the X360, It would barely get 500-600k sales lifetime compared to the near 4-5 mil it would reach on the PS3. And that's a PS3 flagship game.

Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. I am fairly certain LBP would sell millions on the X360 if it was ported there.

Also, games like MGS4 would sell a lot. Other than that, excellent point.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

(edited out since I can't delete)

Note:- My appologies go to ZenfoldorVGI. I wrongly quoted him and thought he meant a whole lot of things that weren't true. <3

:)

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

I think it will reach the million.

F.U. Fun University.

Shoestar said:

You've made a mistake shoestar. That list I made is from an earlier post. It is a list of assumptions that I claim Kyliedog made, and I also claim they are wrong. The blue text are quotes from Kyliedog(Not my words, his), and I added them in there to prove that he did make those assumptions, after he claimed I put words in his mouth. I completely agree with you on every subject.

Read the bottom part of the post you pulled that quote from and it'll make a lot more sense.

All good though, I can see how if you just saw that post and didn't read the bottom, you might think I was making those assumptions. Trust me, I'm not. They are all ignorant and incorrect.

I'd appreciate it if you would edit your post to denote that, because I don't want people to get the wrong idea. :D

NO NO, NO NO NO.

axumblade said:
Shoestar said:

eternal sonata, I could see that one actually selling close to what the 360 one did. So far, I've heard only good things about it, except for the 360 fans that don't like it (who probably wouldn't buy it anyways since it's on the ps3).

It was on the 360 first. What makes ES so good on the PS3, is apparently they added a ton of new content and refined the game in most ways, making a very mediocre 360 experience good for the first time on the PS3. However, sales of late releases are very seldom based on quality, as Bioshock PS3 points out.

NO NO, NO NO NO.