By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I wonder if the poor sales on the PS3 will mean Bioshock 2 will be a console exclusive for the Xbox 360 again.

Well its just more incentive for them to drop the PS3 version back 6 months if there are any problems in development.

Btw - I hope Bioshock targets Direct X 11! The game screams that it needs advanced techniques.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
I wonder if the poor sales on the PS3 will mean Bioshock 2 will be a console exclusive for the Xbox 360 again.

First of all it's a bit too early to judge sales. Actually an opening around 100k (WW) is pretty decent. Take a look at VF5 on X360 - it's an awesome game with added online and it still didn't manage to beat PS3 version despite much bigger userbase. Don't expect one year old port to sell as a new game. Bioshock euro-start is far from being a disappointment.

Considering fact porting a game cost around 15 % of all investment you would be really silly to believe in exclusivity of Bioshock 2.

After making Bioshock for the PS3, I don't think they should have much developmental problems on it.

It was because of Microsoft that it was exclusive before. Unless they're going to have a hand in it this time, it should be a simultaneous release.

Well I beat the game in normal this week end, it rocks !!!!!!!!!!!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I played the PS3 demo this weekend. Graphics looked really nice, but I was not impressed with the game itself. I did not complete the demo. Should I play further, does it get better, more interesting?

Around the Network
west-phoenix-az said:

I played the PS3 demo this weekend. Graphics looked really nice, but I was not impressed with the game itself. I did not complete the demo. Should I play further, does it get better, more interesting?

The demo isn't anything amazing (and don't remember where it ends), at the very least it's worth it to rent the game.

twesterm said:
west-phoenix-az said:

The demo isn't anything amazing (and don't remember where it ends), at the very least it's worth it to rent the game.

I'm working on Midnight Club LA now. I'll probably re-rent it. Then NFS is coming soon. After both of those maybe I'll rent Bioshock. I have free rental passes

west-phoenix-az said:

That's funny, I actually think the graphics are not that great ( too spoiled by MGS4 I guess) but the gameplay is fun...

Only slight reproach I would make is that the game is actually harder through the first half than through the second half ( the first 5 Big Baddies are a pain, the ones you kill toward the end of the game are really cakes and last boss gave me no problems at all)...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I'll buy it when it's $20-$30

fadetoone said:
I'll buy it when it's $20-$30

Why do you want to wait that long?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)