By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gebx said:
On Topic (more so then my previous post)

THE THIRD BEST RANKED GAME opened with 31k in sales?? That sends a clear message to any developer - Don't port old games to the 360, you'll just lose money.

How do you think 2K will feel losing money on this?

Don't port old games to the 360? I guess this means we won't be seeing any MGS4 ports.

Whether they will lose money or not, is something that no one but 2k knows. Maybe they should have realized that releasing an "old" port @ fullprice with no real incentives or improvements in gameplay/graphics during a busy week with tons of competition isn't the best idea to get high sales. Atleast now, the devs got some much needed experience with the PS3 kits for Bioshock2.

Around the Network

ahah.. ooops

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

KylieDog said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:
You listen to review sites? Oh dear.

...and it was 360 exclusive originally

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/08/25/ps3-not-getting-bioshock-to-stay-xbox-360-and-pc-exclusive/

A game on the PC and Xbox 360 is not Xbox 360 exclusive.....

L4D is not an Xbox 360 exclusive...

As for whom I listen to, I listen to myself. I was just letting you know that no one agrees with you, and I doubt you've ever played the game.

Oh don't try that PC nosense.   It is the CONSOLE war, PC doesn't even come into it.  The game as far as console go was 360 exclusive, and 360 fanboys warshipped it and used it in every fanboy argument right up until May when the PS3 version was cofirmed, and suddenly they fell silent.

It is another overated overhyped exclusive that now its gone multiplat is showing its true colours.

What is this "console war" I keep hearing about? Is it the one where some console owners keep twisting words and using strawman arguments to suit their stand against the owners of different consoles? By strawman arguments I mean stuff like "X game is exclusive because PC doesn't count" or "Y game is exclusive because Wii isn't HD", etc...

The PC software does affect Console software, and vice-versa. Consoles and PC are looking more and more alike, feeling alike, and playing alike. Hell, some even agree that Xbox 360 is closer to PC than the Wii.

Now you have 2 choices, you either keep saying inappropriate terms that are no doubt false, or you admit that you were wrong and improve yourself by NOT saying such things.

KylieDog said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:

some reptetive stuff and stuff I didn't say.

1. PC is not in competition with consoles, never has been, never will be.  Games released on a PC as well as a single console are still exclusive as far as 'the next gen war' goes.  The PC doesn't even have a gen, it changes every single day.

So by your definition, 99% of PC games are exclusive?!

The PC and Consoles affect each other. Hell, many developers and publishers think they do affect each other. If PCs weren't as user un-friendly you think the console market would be this big? Doesn't the Xbox 360 look closer to a PC than a Wii?

And again, this war you keep talking is just imaginary. And even admiting there was a war it would be already over, the Wii has won and Xbox 360/PS3 were crushed.

KylieDog said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:

some reptetive stuff and stuff I didn't say.

1. PC is not in competition with consoles, never has been, never will be.  Games released on a PC as well as a single console are still exclusive as far as 'the next gen war' goes.  The PC doesn't even have a gen, it changes every single day.

2. Providing one or two examples of some exclusives getting low scores does not disprove anything.  That is like one or two 360s not getting a RROD and saying none of them do and they all work fine, always.  The review system is broken, so using scores to disprove that isn't going to work, and giving (keyword:) obviously badly made games low scores does not balance out average games without as many directly noticeable flaws getting higher scores because they have a large following.

3. Play them.

4. Sorry, you are trying to put words in my mouth to prove something.  I said it was boring, not bad, there are many positive things to the game, but overall, I and people I've asked found it boring.  Trying to act like I never played it is just weak and immature.  Seriously, find a better defence.

5.  See 1.

6. Timed. See 1.

7. Trying to put words in my mouth again, twice in this one point.  The 'true colours' is that the game was overhyped by 360 owners, when it was announced on PS3 a lot of 360 owners using it as fuel for fanboy debates stopped, and when PS3 fans tried to use it as 'we get your great game' 360 owners stopped the 'game is perfect' blindness and admitted flaws, trying to downplay it.  Just like PS3 fanboys who have started saying"final fantasy isn't that great anyway" since the 360 announcement, where before it was a perfect flawless franchise if you asked one of them.  The honest views coming to light is why it isn't selling.  Again you try and use the broken review system to say it is good.  A bit obvious they aren't going to lower scores, that would be saying "We were wrong when we reviewed this last year".  The simple fact the game is a over a year out of date should have seen a lower score.  Thats like re-releasing Tekken 2 on PS3 disc for £30 and giving it a 9.5 or whatever Tekken 2 got 10 years ago, fighting games have advanced since, so have other games in the last year.

8. More putting words in my mouth also see 1.

Your biggest flaw altogether is your following post calling me a liar and trying to make it out I'm a PS3 fanboy.  You can go search various posts of mine, you'll see I've commented on the review system before with first hand knowledge, as well as many negative comments against the PS3 as well as its games.  MGS4 especially. Wii also, incase you try to play a Wii fanboy spin next.

Lastly I will pull the 'opinion' card, and trying to shout mine down and 'prove' my opinion 'wrong' isn't going to do anything.

I'm not trying to shout anyone down. You've simply attempted to change your argument to make up for its earlier inconsistancies.

You've implied every one of those things I've mentioned. Conceding that you were wrong, or didn't explain yourself clearly is not a defense, it's damage control.

Like I thought, you're just another PS3 fan trying to degrade a game you ignorantly view as a 360 exclusive.

As for you using your "games are advanced" ignorance, simply means you've never played the game, or misunderstood it while you did. The game is based on a narrative, not gameplay, or graphics, and a 1 year difference in gameplay and graphics, especially in a game developed for PC and upgraded for PS3, certainly shouldn't score lower because of it.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're doing a pretty good job of that for yourself.

As for your Bioshock argument, it also directly applies to Little Big Planet, a game I'm sure you would defend. The beta is generally viewed as magnificant, yet a slight few people have said that it's not as good as they expected, so that must be the truth. It's over-rated, because as you've said, games with lots of hype(LBP) that are exclusive, always are, as long as they aren't obviously bad.

I know you spent a lot of time on this reply, but honestly, it's hogwash. The truth is you're trying to concede and explain your bluntness and ignorance from earlier in this thread, and I'd rather not hear your explainations. Next time just act right from the beginning.

What you should have said is "IMO, Bioshock is boring." However, I think it's obvious that you don't own a gaming PC or a 360, and have never played the game, but lying is allowed here, so we'll let it slide.

You should have then said, "IMO, some games are over-rated because they are over-hyped, like LBP, Halo 3, Gears of War, and Bioshock."

You should have continued, "The games poor sales can be directly related to the word of mouth of 360 fanboys who trashed the game when they found out it was going to be appear on the PS3." I have never seen a 360 fanboy, or any real gamer trash Bioshock, but I'll contend that it has probably happened, outside of my all-seeing gaze.

You should close it off with, "I think the rest of you are wrong, when you insist that the game sold poorly because of the price and late released date," which you obviously do. I disagree, but who knows.

Instead of being ignorant, next time, try not posting flamebait because you're too lazy to explain yourself.

Also, not counting the PC as a competitive gaming platform is ignorance, and judging quality, or lackthereof based on sales is also ignorance.

I think it's fairly obvious that you're a, for some reason, bitter PS3 fan, who has never played Bioshock, and is trying to marginalize the bad sales of the game on the console, when they don't even need to be marginalized.

However, if you are somehow, just an ordinary industry insider, with a penchant for judgeing games, then tell me...is LBP over-rated because of hype? I'd love to know.

Also, was Bioshock super-hyped before the game was released? It was a new IP. I'm pretty sure at best you could classify the hype at medium levels before the reviews hit. The 360 hype started after the reviews.

...as for your XIII example, you say PS3 fanboys say "FF isn't that great anyway." Yes, they do. It's because it is a marginalization tactic. If, like you say, it's the same as 360 fanboys saying "Bioshock is boring" (which again, I've never heard them say), then would it too not also be a marginalization tactic, used in order to marginalize a great game because it's going multiplat?

Also, what the hell is "next-gen wars" and when did we start talking about that?

Thanks for conceding that the game is average, though. Hate that you found it a little boring, if you played it. The only flaw I see is the game didn't develop a following until the reviews came out. Also, since I've actually played it, and I play a shit-ton of games, and hate most of them, I can tell you, imo, those reviews were deserved.

You've got to admit, your earlier posts were halfassed, lazy, and while you might not describe them as ignorant, they are at the very least, poorly composed, argumentative, and uninformative.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Yeah Gears 2 won't be 360 exclusive either. I bet it goes to the PC. I'm getting tired of developers saying any game will be exclusive yet it goes to another system. Way to lie.

Anyways this game didn't do well if you consider EU is pretty pro PS3. I wonder how well it will do in the US.

Also UT III didn't do well at all period, but right now It's seeming to have stronger legs on the 360 then it did on the PS3. They will probably end up even in sales despite the PS3 having a smaller install base.

You people who own a PS3 really need to get this game. It's Epic.

It's just that simple.

KylieDog said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166516

"Obviously we need to give as many people as possible access to our game. However, this is an Xbox 360 exclusive and it's coming out on PC. That's the way it is on Bioshock" senior designer Joe McDonagh told CVG."

See that? He says 360 exclusive......and coming out on PC. Because the PC is completely seperate from the console/next gen wars.

Want another example?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53816

"Though the sci-fi action-RPG later appeared on PC, the title is still considered an Xbox 360 exclusive in terms of the console market--meaning it has not appeared on rival systems PlayStation 3 or Wii. "

...and so on and so forth.

By that definition, however, Bioshock was also a timed exclusive, just like L4D. Known or not.

There are several links at a later date when the devs confirmed the game was coming to the PS3.

The console a game is on, doesn't determine the reviews it gets, from most sites, anyway.

Your argument that the reviewers over-rated the game because of hype, is a little unbelievable, but what it absolute garbage is your argument that reviewers over-rated the PS3 version because they were afraid their hipocrasy would be revealed.

You've just came up with excuse after excuse for why the game isn't as good as everyone says it is, which is ironic considering you've probably never played it. That said, sales don't prove quality! So, how has the game shown its true colors, by not welling well on the PS3? Wouldn't that marginalization word of mouth have been spin to marginalize the PS3 version? Aren't you attempting to marginalize its poor sales on your favorite platform, right now?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MonstaMack said:
Yeah Gears 2 won't be 360 exclusive either. I bet it goes to the PC. I'm getting tired of developers saying any game will be exclusive yet it goes to another system. Way to lie.

Anyways this game didn't do well if you consider EU is pretty pro PS3. I wonder how well it will do in the US.

Also UT III didn't do well at all period, but right now It's seeming to have stronger legs on the 360 then it did on the PS3. They will probably end up even in sales despite the PS3 having a smaller install base.

You people who own a PS3 really need to get this game. It's Epic.

I completely agree. Not to be missed.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shio said:
KylieDog said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
KylieDog said:
You listen to review sites? Oh dear.

...and it was 360 exclusive originally

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/08/25/ps3-not-getting-bioshock-to-stay-xbox-360-and-pc-exclusive/

A game on the PC and Xbox 360 is not Xbox 360 exclusive.....

L4D is not an Xbox 360 exclusive...

As for whom I listen to, I listen to myself. I was just letting you know that no one agrees with you, and I doubt you've ever played the game.

Oh don't try that PC nosense.   It is the CONSOLE war, PC doesn't even come into it.  The game as far as console go was 360 exclusive, and 360 fanboys warshipped it and used it in every fanboy argument right up until May when the PS3 version was cofirmed, and suddenly they fell silent.

It is another overated overhyped exclusive that now its gone multiplat is showing its true colours.

What is this "console war" I keep hearing about? Is it the one where some console owners keep twisting words and using strawman arguments to suit their stand against the owners of different consoles? By strawman arguments I mean stuff like "X game is exclusive because PC doesn't count" or "Y game is exclusive because Wii isn't HD", etc...

The PC software does affect Console software, and vice-versa. Consoles and PC are looking more and more alike, feeling alike, and playing alike. Hell, some even agree that Xbox 360 is closer to PC than the Wii.

Now you have 2 choices, you either keep saying inappropriate terms that are no doubt false, or you admit that you were wrong and improve yourself by NOT saying such things.

This is one of those stubborn posters that won't admit they're wrong, no matter how obvious it is to everyone else.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

KylieDog said:
I'm not even gonna read that because within 2 lines there are more words being put in my mouth.

Tackle what I say, or don't post. Don't post or twist whatever you want and say I said it.

You are just lying, and I am done with you.

Good, I'm glad we were able to work this out. Bioshock is epic, btw. 9.6/10 metacritic.

NO NO, NO NO NO.