By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is X360 finished in europe?

lwhatee said:

in Fall I expect PS3 to outsell x360 by quite a margin in europe

In USA sales will be very close this Fall. WIth LBP PS3 can also win Fall in US. I wont be surprised

Your first statement might possibly happen (I doubt it though since I think the 360 will remain somewhat close to the PS3 in Europe).  But as for your second statement I think you're going to be in for a shock as the 360 (in my opinion) is going to hammer the PS3 in North America for the rest of the year.  Seriously there is likely going to be a lot of Sony fanboy meltdowns in the forums come November and December, hopefully you won't add to the problem by being one of them.

Around the Network

Oh yeah..it's kaput...done...finish...lol. Fable II is going to bomb, and M$ will have to go out of business...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Oh yeah..it's kaput...done...finish...lol. Fable II is going to bomb, and M$ will have to go out of business...lol.

read the thread dammit its not about 360 not selling but actually how it will finish third.

To awnser the question at hand. No the 360 is fine in Europe. Its days of having a bigger user base than PS3 are numberes, but the user base is big enough that it can be a viable platfrom for the rest of the generation. It is likly that we will see it continue to slow down as the PS3 picks up the pace a bit, but it will live on for this generation.

THE FOLLOWING IS TO THE OF TOPIC DISSCUSION IN THIS THREAD.

This is why from my point of view PS3 will make it to 50M and in a quicker time than the 360. PS3 is so much more expensive than the 360 and it continues to get outsold. Sure the in US and Japan it has a small lead, and it would be expected with a price cut only a month ago. Now Microsoft has no were to go and Sony has not even come close to a price were most are comforatble with it.

In Europe the demand for PS3 is amazing, as the numbers show that even at more than twice the price of the 360 it stil sells more. This is made even more amazing by the fact that Sony is yet to release its biggest hitters in this region. So far Metal Gear Solid 4 is the most loved exclusive franchise released in Europe. If you look at the numbers for the previous Killzone game, it is quite obvious that this is a huge franchise in EU. This due to the fact that it is made in that region, and they are willing to take the time to localize it to all countries. Then Sony still has its bombshell to drop. Gran Tursimo is the biggest franchise in Europe, and GT5:P is just a shadow of what will happen when the real thing hits. Lastly, with Phil Harrison in charge Sony did a great job of merging with European game devs. It is a move that has no doubt been part of the PS3 success so far, and will only grow in the years to come.

In Japan the PS3 has a lot of potential buyers, but Sony has cut them of by eleminating B/C with the PS2, and releasing a limited number of games geared towards that region. The end of this year will see things begin to change. Sony has a few big exclusives coming out over the next few months, and it will help get the ball rolling again. Next year in March PS3 will get the Blu-ray version of FFVII Advent Children along with the exclusive FFXIII demo. This will easly lift sales of the PS3 for the beggening of next year. Then at the end of the year the game will flex it full muscal and really push the PS3 to an acceptable ranking.

In the USA the PS3 is in the worst position. Microsoft has done an awsome job of marketing to the people that think they are cool in America, as the Soulja Boy video showed. This kind of deal is really big in the US. If these new age gang menber types make this a must have thing then their is a huge audiance that will jump on it because, this behavior has been labled as cool, and In. While MS has dealed to that crowd, Nintendo has done a great job of bringing in the people that live a peaceful life, and work hard without worrying about what is cool. Right now Sony seems to be in the middle of this taking a small potion of both sides. Really the best thing Sony has going for them in America is Home. If that takes off it has the ability to pull in both sides.

Now the above is IMO all very good for the PS3. The US may need a lot of work, but Japan and Europe can swing very in favor of the PS3 with little pain. It is going to take a bit of work from Sony However. If they can release a 100 price cut in US and the EU, along with a 10,000 yen cut in Japan, things will start to look better. They need to go ahead and move on from the PS2 next year by bring back B/C in some form. They have enough means of income right now that taking this exclusivity from the PS2 will not hurt much at all. Lastly they need to get the slim model out by next fall. It does not matter if they cut the price by the above stated in March and leave it there for the rest of the year. A remodel released in September would be enough to boost sales signifiacatly. To be honest this is just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to why the PS3 will over come the 360, and give Wii a run for its money. Call it name brand, call it reliability, call it games, call it whatever you want, but the truth is Playstation has and still is the best deal in gaming, and that is why in the end PS3 will live up to the name that it has barrowed.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Define what do you mean by saying "finished" please.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

well sales will likely plummet in future weeks as the SPIKE due to price cut wears off

X360 will go back to 50k in the coming weeks before picking up on November/DEC surge

U do know that it costs 1/3 as ps3 in europe. dont you?

Big question is ?

Will LBP give x360 the finishing blow in europe? LBP will be a huge console mover in europe . make no mistake there

Quite honestly I think the question has moved beyond brand loyalties, and hardware or even library comparisons in regards to Europe. I see a large price differential, and a global economic crisis. For this war price used to matter, and as the economies of the world slip down. The prices apparently slide upwards. Were any player to lose traction to this it would indeed be Sony.

For me the question is how much consumers in Europe are willing to spend on the holidays this year. The holidays are the real movers in the retail scene. When the consumers tighten their purse strings will there be room for the expensive PS3 under the Christmas tree, or will families split the difference. Get a gaming console, but a less expensive one. That is a real question for me enthusiasts are the purchasers during the non holiday months, but they are not the purchasers in the holiday season. After all it is one thing to bite the bullet, and make an expensive purchase for oneself. Things are entirely different when your buying it for someone else.

The price difference could be the only meaningful difference in a month. Economic woes are not a friend to large ticket purchases. Consumers have a way of lowering their aim.

the recession its not hitting europe yet, they are willing to pay for a better quality hardware.

hahaha...you dare make this thread after Wii canibalizes ps360 combined week after week?

So ps3 is dead in Others compared to wii right?...I mean, its not even trying to compete anymore with the Wii.

Sorry, Europeans dont want better quality hardware (with worse games mind you)...they want last gen graphics and motion controls.

Cactus said:
360 Doom thread # 5634785634758.

LOL thats funny hell when PS3 falls behind by 7 million by xmas its just a matter of time. before even the biggest sausage wakes up.