By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is X360 finished in europe?

I was going to say something about the UK being a strong hold for the 360 but i thought i should have a look before writing and it seems from the 11th to the 18th (i think) the 360 sold only 2000 more machines in the UK with 13000 for PS3 and 15000 360. Not great when the prices are stacked up.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

I agree with OP. X360 at less than half price than PS3 and PS3 outsells the X360 is a very bad sign for X360 sales in Europe.
Europeans are known for only wanting the best console and most expensive console so they pick PS3 over X360.

haha i love thee threads some people are so dumb =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

lwhatee said:
Europe gone

Japan gone ages ago

NA is left for x360 but for how long?

I dont think x360 will survive in NA too after LBP's launch

LBP wont do shit but a $100 price drop on the other hand will cause HAVOC in america.

LOL @ 360 dying. MS pretty much ate into sony's market share this gen, stole many exclusives and still owning them in NA lol. Lets take a history lesson shall we...

PS2 Beat Xbox 10:1 in Europe
PS2 Beat Xbox 3:1 in U.S

Now for a system that beat Xbox 10:1 would you say 360 is dead or PS3 is just doing better? yeah i thought so.

---

Around the Network

Nope. It's not dead.

4 ≈ One

Everstar said:

laugh at thread??

did u see the sales figures 67k x360 vs 73k PS3s

PS3 is having a new LBP bundle on October 30th 2008

so expect 50% bump on that week

x360 sales will keep plummetting in europe

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
LOL @ 360 dying. MS pretty much ate into sony's market share this gen, stole many exclusives and still owning them in NA lol. Lets take a history lesson shall we...

PS2 Beat Xbox 10:1 in Europe
PS2 Beat Xbox 3:1 in U.S

Now for a system that beat Xbox 10:1 would you say 360 is dead or PS3 is just doing better? yeah i thought so.

MS doesnt own anywhere

PS3 has outsold x360 in 2008 till date -- 2.3m copies vs 2.08 million copies

In europe x360 costs even less than DS in some places

imagine PS3 sales when it goes to 300$/euro

PS3 will beat the x360 10:1 when price drops to 300 euro/200 pounds in the future

PS3 was launched at 600 euro and is still 4x as expensive as x360 in many parts of europe

lwhatee said:
Everstar said:

laugh at thread??

did u see the sales figures 67k x360 vs 73k PS3s

PS3 is having a new LBP bundle on October 30th 2008

so expect 50% bump on that week

x360 sales will keep plummetting in europe

You must be dreaming.  50% hardware sales bump due to LBP?  I seriously doubt it.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Since March 2007, the X360 has sold about 5M in Others. That's an average of somewhere around 60K each week. If you exclude holidays, the average out of holiday should be somewhere around 45-50K

Since March 2007, the Ps3 has sold about 7.5M in Others. That's an average of about 90K each week. Excluding holidays, you get somewhere around 60K.

So relatively to what is normal, the 360 is doing great over there, and it looks like it might stick to selling Ps3 levels of sales. If it manages to keep this, the Ps3 will need to keep selling X360 levels in NA, as Japan means nearly nothing to the two HD consoles nowadays.

I'm mighty impressed with how the 360 has done in Others and Japan, much more so than how it has in Americas.

True. The first Xbox wasn't very popular in France. Most of the casual gamers just ignored it, and if not, they ignore what kind of games were available. For them, videogames = sony, and it isn't easy to change the habits.

But on the web, that's not the same thing. The 360 is rather more appreciated than the PS3, espacially for RPG-players.

Even if PS3 will be sold more than 360. It's rather a good score for microsoft. (actually 800 000 360 for 1 000 000 PS3).