By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boomshackalaka!!! Castlevania Order of Ecclesia 1up review

I have it and it's everything you would expect. Classic Metroidvania style with some new twists to gameplay. I'm really liking it so far.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Eh, not a fan of Castlevania.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

disolitude said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:
Id give it 2/10 because its on DS which has to be played in strain-o vision.

However if someone makes a good nintendo DS PC emulator and I can play it on my TV...it surely gets 10/10.

I beat all the GBA castlevanias on my pc...and can't wait to do the same to these.

Dawn of Sorrow is the best Castlevania since SotN, and yep, I've played em all.

its usually like that...first one would be best.

Like Circle of moon on gba was amazing, then harmony of dissen-something was ok...by the time Aria of Sorrow hit GBa, it felt really stale...to me atleast.

That was the first one on the DS so im sure new hardware gave the game new gameplay features and freshness...im guessing portrait of ruin wasnt as good...Im surprised this one turned out so well.

Yeah, me too. PoR was quite an ambitious game, but in making the worlds so large, they lost a lot in the level design department. Dawn of Sorrow, on the other hand, was the first Castlevania since SotN that felt as maticiously planned from the get-go. That said, PoR had by far the best story and combat system. It also has Richter, fyi, lol.

This game might have actually surpassed Dawn of Sorrow, however, it appears.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:
Id give it 2/10 because its on DS which has to be played in strain-o vision.

However if someone makes a good nintendo DS PC emulator and I can play it on my TV...it surely gets 10/10.

I beat all the GBA castlevanias on my pc...and can't wait to do the same to these.

Dawn of Sorrow is the best Castlevania since SotN, and yep, I've played em all.

its usually like that...first one would be best.

Like Circle of moon on gba was amazing, then harmony of dissen-something was ok...by the time Aria of Sorrow hit GBa, it felt really stale...to me atleast.

That was the first one on the DS so im sure new hardware gave the game new gameplay features and freshness...im guessing portrait of ruin wasnt as good...Im surprised this one turned out so well.

Yeah, me too. PoR was quite an ambitious game, but in making the worlds so large, they lost a lot in the level design department. Dawn of Sorrow, on the other hand, was the first Castlevania since SotN that felt as maticiously planned from the get-go. That said, PoR had by far the best story and combat system. It also has Richter, fyi, lol.

This game might have actually surpassed Dawn of Sorrow, however, it appears.

Thats sweet...

You being a castlevania expert may be able to answer me this...How come symphony of night starts with Richter battling dracula...I have always been told this is supposedly a replaying of the "Final Stage" in Castlevania Bloodlines.

However, Bloodlines did not have Richter but John and Eric no? Dracula X on the other hand had Richter. Is it Dracula X ending that SoTN begins with?

disolitude said:

Thats sweet...

You being a castlevania expert may be able to answer me this...How come symphony of night starts with Richter battling dracula...I have always been told this is supposedly a replaying of the "Final Stage" in Castlevania Bloodlines.

However, Bloodlines did not have Richter but John and Eric no? Dracula X on the other hand had Richter. Is it Dracula X ending that SoTN begins with?

Let wikipedia answer that question for you!

The North American and European versions of the game contain some minor changes from the initial Japanese release. In the English versions, the prologue sequence is titled "Bloodlines". Bloodlines is neither the original name of the level, nor the name of the game that the level was based on. In the Japanese version, this segment is titled "Rondo of Blood", the name of the final stage in the Japanese versions of Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. The English versions of these games also renamed the final stage "Bloodlines".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_of_the_night..

So it has nothing to do with the megadrive version.. just a bad translation..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Did anyone seriously expect a 2D Castlevania game to get a bad score?

Now if we were talking about that joke of a game coming to the Wii...

Title reminded me of this :

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Words Of Wisdom said:
Did anyone seriously expect a 2D Castlevania game to get a bad score?

Now if we were talking about that joke of a game coming to the Wii...

I wasn't pleased that Judgement was a fighting game but what bothers me more is the artwork. I mean the Death Note artist turned Eric into "girl" and couldn't even get Shanoa from Ecclesia right. She looks like she's wearing some sort of lingerie version of a nuns outfit.

NiKKoM said:
disolitude said:

Thats sweet...

Let wikipedia answer that question for you!

The North American and European versions of the game contain some minor changes from the initial Japanese release. In the English versions, the prologue sequence is titled "Bloodlines". Bloodlines is neither the original name of the level, nor the name of the game that the level was based on. In the Japanese version, this segment is titled "Rondo of Blood", the name of the final stage in the Japanese versions of Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. The English versions of these games also renamed the final stage "Bloodlines".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_of_the_night..

So it has nothing to do with the megadrive version.. just a bad translation..

Tanks man...this kind of stuff they don't teach in school.

Nice one Thekitchensink, NBA Jam was great fun back in the day. Monster Jam! He's on fire!