By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

bbsin said:
This is actually a blessing.

Now I can play DeadSpace, Tales of Vesperia and Frycry2 without missing out on LBP.

Yup. Most of us can. Add Bioshock and Eternal Sonata - they no longer have LBP to slaughter them.

Around the Network

Wow, so this is offical eh? jeez im really starting to belive the name "DelayStation 3" fits perfectly, hell and this is sonys own title which makes it worse! slap in the face more?

Will this thread ever end ????

First 360 vs PS3 and fanboyism

Now Religion Stuff!!!!!!!!!

Videogames are sure a serious business :) ,,,
My final though is that it was a mistake to include those 2 phrases, some may agree, others may not,,, bottom line is that the customers will always pay the price for publisher/developer mistakes...
Peace

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Wow, so this is offical eh? jeez im really starting to belive the name "DelayStation 3" fits perfectly, hell and this is sonys own title which makes it worse! slap in the face more?

Big deal. Some of you are REALLY blowing this out of proportion. It's just 3 weeks, do something else for now!

How is Sony to blame? they were told by muslim gamers that it's offending to them, and Sony decided to fix their game up so it won't flare any bad publicity for them.

wow some of u are going crazy.. chill

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Religion....

It amazes me that in 2008 people still believe in these bedtime stories and get offended when their work of fiction is depicted in a way they don't see fit.

It offends me as an atheist that what offends you takes precedence over what offends me.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

its not about us muslims its only another delay from Sony & they put it in muslims .. i dont belive sony at all .. how they didnt notice this before ?

pearljammer said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Shall I go into the implications, or should I leave you alone for a while to mourn?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm very serious. This could have major implications to the software sales race, and virtually throws the LBP vs Fable 2 thing completely in the favor of Fable.

Short term sales for this game aren't gonna look as good as they once were because of the staggered launch and questionable release date, plus the reprinting of games is a huge loss to Sony, I'd assume.

You're the only one to comment on topic in about two pages but yet you seem the most off topic.

Bold: I would think so, with the expectations of the game and all, I would imagine they had printed quite a few of those.

I think Zenfoldor is right. This could have bad repercussions on the sales of the game. First, the marketing campaign has been planned and probably has already started. Second, this game will sell with marketing and word of mouth. This is not a front-loaded game, this is a game that would benefit from the few weeks before Christmas to sell more.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I am just asking a questio here as I do not know all the facts.

In Assassin's Creed you play the role of a Muslim assassin killing off Catholics am I right?

Did Muslims complain about this? Or was that fine? As I did not see that game brought up the argument yet COD, LBPand Zack and Wiki were.

*Not a personal attack on anyone, just trying to figure out why some aspects are ok but others are wrong. This goes for all religions/people*

Maybe I missed them, did COD and Z&W have Qu'ran references as well? *Apologies if I spelled it wrong*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

DMeisterJ said:

Total Worldwide Recall:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/sony-littlebigplanet-to-be-recalled-on-global-level/

Sony: LittleBigPlanet to be recalled on global level because of Qur’an content

October 17th, 2008 @ 17:08

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.

It was thought this afternoon that shipped units of the game were to be pulled back in Europe, but the move will be made “worldwide,” Sony’s just told us.

When asked how many units are to be recalled, a SCEE rep said, “We haven’t been given any figures.”

SCEE has made a just made a statement on the issue, saying the game will be delayed as a result of the issue, but hasn’t confirmed a new release date as yet.

OMFG! This is a disaster!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey