By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

This thread is interesting to watch unfold.

Anyways, even with the delay in effect, LBP will still do fine in terms of sales because...

1. More hype from critics.
2. It'll be moved closer to christmas and into a better consumer spending period
3. It'll get free publicity.
4. There's really no other game like LBP in the console market, thus resulting in no direct competition.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

@masterb8tr

no, but there's something call respect. You should respect others. I know it's something that you don't see very often these days, but respect for others is very important. Damn, just because the game got delay doesn't mean you can all talk shit about someone else religion or beliefs. People like that make me sick. Seriously people, you all (the ones talking shit just because a game got delayed) have issues.

Whoa there, Maynard. That goes both ways. The respect has to be shown mutually. Yes, I think it would be wrong, and many would have reason to take issue, if this song in LBP was put there intenionally with malice. However, I really don't think it was, as I'm sure most would agree, so sould our freedoms and right to speech be respected as well?

I was also going to mention something about tolerance, but Noname2200 has already eloquently said what I would've liked to. Great post!

they're gonna get a lot of hate mail.

anyway... i wonder if i'm gonna have to send my disk back.. i'm going to give my retailer hell if sony won't allow me to go online with it and they won't take it back.

Does anyone remember the episode Cartoon Wars from South Park. In that episode, they couldn't show Muhammad in an everyday life situation (it was censored by Comedy Central) while they put a really crude cartoon instulting the Christian religion.

The problem with that double standard is that Western companies fear to put "anything" even remotely offensive to Muslims since the backlash of the Danish caricatures. It's really sad because those caricatures were about the freedom of expression and I think freedom of expression is a lot more important than freedom of religion. Especially when the song wasn't offensive (it did not contain hate speech of any sort). If anything, that song was probably introduced as a way to show that the game wasn't only made for the West.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I Sense a disturbence in the Fo-...Fans.....

Around the Network

bbsin said:
This thread is interesting to watch unfold.

Anyways, even with the delay in effect, LBP will still do fine in terms of sales because...

1. More hype from critics. - yes
2. It'll be moved closer to christmas and into a better consumer spending period - yes
3. It'll get free publicity. - no idea
4. There's really no other game like LBP in the console market, thus resulting in no direct competition. - well... yes. pretty much.

5. Breathing space for Bioshock and Eternal Sonata.

Fix'd, added.

Well I am a muslim, but I dont think that any part of a background song could hurt me or something. Actually in my country (bosnia) we dont take it too serious with the religion stuff. Just dont eat pig and thats it :)
I m very dissapointed that LBP was delayed. I really hope that this "issue" will be fixed soon so we all can start gaming.
And yeah, I also respect all other people and religions, I dont care what religion people belong to or not as long as they are normal. I only dont like M$ and the 360 :D. I guess my avatar speaks for itself

^kudos to player1.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Shall I go into the implications, or should I leave you alone for a while to mourn?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm very serious. This could have major implications to the software sales race, and virtually throws the LBP vs Fable 2 thing completely in the favor of Fable.

Short term sales for this game aren't gonna look as good as they once were because of the staggered launch and questionable release date, plus the reprinting of games is a huge loss to Sony, I'd assume.

You're the only one to comment on topic in about two pages but yet you seem the most off topic.

Bold: I would think so, with the expectations of the game and all, I would imagine they had printed quite a few of those.

Simulacrum said:
We have no choice...
WE MUST
DESTROY METAL GEAR!

INDEED:. WITH SUBS !

Check out my game about moles ^