By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

The only problem I see is Motorstorm 2 getting relesed a week from LBP. That could prove problematic.

Around the Network

Two thoughts.

1. There was an Xbox game that quoted passages from the Qur'an -- it got pulled and was never heard from again.

2. I wonder how much this will cost Sony: The publisher has told Eurogamer that this means every copy of the game currently with retail in the world will be recalled and replaced, and retailers have started notifying customers of the hold-up. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=262215

2a. It also makes you wonder about Sony QC.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

This has to be some sort of sick joke. This wouldn't be nearly so bad if I actually had something else to play on my PS3. Hopefully Resistance 2 doesn't get delayed.

DMeisterJ said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Shall I go into the implications, or should I leave you alone for a while to mourn?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm very serious. This could have major implications to the software sales race, and virtually throws the LBP vs Fable 2 thing completely in the favor of Fable.

Short term sales for this game aren't gonna look as good as they once were because of the staggered launch and questionable release date, plus the reprinting of games is a huge loss to Sony, I'd assume.

My god.

Can you at least wait for this wound to heal before you troll?

He's not trolling, he's just trying to talk about the implications regarding the sales of LBP now that it is being delayed WW. Not just software sales, but the LBP PS3 HW bundles(Europe/Others/Japan) as well will be affected as well since they too have to be delayed as a result of this. It would probably be better for him to create a new thread though since everybody else in here just seems to be whining, and/or blaming muslims, about the game being delayed.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

This is actually a blessing.

Now I can play DeadSpace, Tales of Vesperia, Fallout3 and Frycry2 without missing out on LBP.

Around the Network

This is 'Religulous' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "DelayStation 3", wow worldwid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I thought the Socom: Confrontation server issues was bad, this is even worse.

Sony you deserve to fail this gen  , but i'm not mad cause I got the R2 beta which will kill time. Hopefully the delay wont be like 2 months.

LBP will be huge.

player1 said:
Well I am a muslim, but I dont think that any part of a background song could hurt me or something. Actually in my country (bosnia) we dont take it too serious with the religion stuff. Just dont eat pig and thats it :)
I m very dissapointed that LBP was delayed. I really hope that this "issue" will be fixed soon so we all can start gaming.
And yeah, I also respect all other people and religions, I dont care what religion people belong to or not as long as they are normal. I only dont like M$ and the 360 :D. I guess my avatar speaks for itself

QFT!!!

By the way Bosnia smashed Armenia 4:1 in qualifiers for world cup :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

T_T

Total Worldwide Recall:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/sony-littlebigplanet-to-be-recalled-on-global-level/

Sony: LittleBigPlanet to be recalled on global level because of Qur’an content

October 17th, 2008 @ 17:08

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.

It was thought this afternoon that shipped units of the game were to be pulled back in Europe, but the move will be made “worldwide,” Sony’s just told us.

When asked how many units are to be recalled, a SCEE rep said, “We haven’t been given any figures.”

SCEE has made a just made a statement on the issue, saying the game will be delayed as a result of the issue, but hasn’t confirmed a new release date as yet.

Godot said:
Does anyone remember the episode Cartoon Wars from South Park. In that episode, they couldn't show Muhammad in an everyday life situation (it was censored by Comedy Central) while they put a really crude cartoon instulting the Christian religion.

The problem with that double standard is that Western companies fear to put "anything" even remotely offensive to Muslims since the backlash of the Danish caricatures. It's really sad because those caricatures were about the freedom of expression and I think freedom of expression is a lot more important than freedom of religion. Especially when the song wasn't offensive (it did not contain hate speech of any sort). If anything, that song was probably introduced as a way to show that the game wasn't only made for the West.

I agree with all of this.... it was really sad when the scene was censored because everything in those two episodes had been about just that little short scene a few seconds long...The whole issue at hand was about that people shouldn't be so offended, freedom of speach etc... and then comedy central decided to pull it :\

Check out my game about moles ^