By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan - First Day Sales (Wii Music debut)

http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10152625974.html

[WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 50k
[WII] Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (Bandai Namco) - 3k

[PSP] Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (SCE) - 35k
[NDS] Culdcept DS (Sega) - 35k

So, 100-150k first week? Actually a bit lower than I expected, and I was being pessimistic...
It'll have legs though.

Sky Crawlers tanked.

Around the Network

Wow ,Sky Crawlers absolutely bombed ....

Wii Music ...good sales ,but probably sub 100K for the first week.Wii Fit didnt start so strong after all....but I keep thinking Wii Music wont be ,by a large margin , close to Wii Fit.

The faq!!!Sky crawlers at such abysmal sales??

My god, what is needed for J people to buy original and well developed games on Wii?

50k? that's it? in all honesty, I expected far more.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Wii Music ...good sales ,but probably sub 100K for the first week.Wii Fit didnt start so strong after all....but I keep thinking Wii Music wont be ,by a large margin , close to Wii Fit.

Wii Music will sell the least of the Wii series games. If it's anything like the others though, it won't have much of a drop off. It's not a game that people rush out to buy on the first day. It'll sell steadily for the rest of the week.

hmm interesting turn of events. Could this indicate that the "casual" market isn't the major flood on the Wii, but instead MK is selling to the bridge players and core audiance. This could mean that the core audiance is far larger than market assumes. If this is the train of thought. Then wouldn't the Wii be better off with bridge and hardcore games with real effort?

Of course one exception does not make a rule.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

RolStoppable said:
No wonder that Sky Crawlers bombed, I can't even read the name of the game on the box. Why would someone buy something which he/she doesn't even know the name of? A good picture alone doesn't sell a game. Stupid Namco.

Look harder.
Unless your being funny... It's hard to tell these days.

Sell-through (from neogaf):

Wii Music - 15%
Sky Crawlers - 25%
Yuusha 2 - 48%
Culdept DS - 45%

From 2ch source:
Gundam 27500 (36%)
Tha monster Battle Game 4500 (20%)

At least we know that Wii Music won't have supply problems like WiiFit had.

I haven't read any reviews for the game but given the fact that its developed by the Ace Combat team, I'm sure Sky Crawlers deserved better than a measly 3k.