By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan - First Day Sales (Wii Music debut)

senortaco said:
you guys kill me with your over reaction to FIRST DAY SALES! First day sales...Really? It's like no one pays attention to how Wii games sale. =/

Wii Fit had an enormous first day in Japan, and so have several other Wii games (even if they've gone on to have long legs). 3k is not impressive for any game, regardless of platform, and Wii Music is looking to be the weak link in the series. Not that it will sell poorly (it will probably sell very well), but I'm not expecting it to be at the top of the Wii charts with its brothers.

Around the Network

Damn, I was hoping 100k or so first day. With this, I'm guessing maybe it will be a sales disappointment (in the same way SMG was). Oh well, guess I'm hopin it'll have nice legs...

Really good for Culdcept DS.

Not so good for Sky Crawlers or Wii Music. It's one thing to sell 50k first day for Wii Music...It's another to have 15% sellthrough.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@Montana: There are no WiiFit first day numbers avalible. But of course 250k for first week (or 2 days) is something that WiiMusic won't achive.

50k first day for Wii music not too bad.

Around the Network

WiiMusic around my expectations - its the sort of game intended to sell to a "new" audience, so it will pass via word of mouth (aka WiiSports, WiiFit, etc). Don't underestimate how many units WiiFit sold purely based on the "new controller" it shipped with.

Poor old Sky Crawlers though - looks like "normal game" titles just don't sell on the Wii.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Aw man, looks like Wii sales are going to stay flat this week I'd be suprised if it went higher than 30k. Any PSP3000 numbers?

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Wii Music ...good sales ,but probably sub 100K for the first week.Wii Fit didnt start so strong after all....but I keep thinking Wii Music wont be ,by a large margin , close to Wii Fit.

Wii Music will sell the least of the Wii series games. If it's anything like the others though, it won't have much of a drop off. It's not a game that people rush out to buy on the first day. It'll sell steadily for the rest of the week.

Wii Chess say hi

I think that WiiMusic has a lot of sale potential.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

It's not like WM will sell bad, there's still the holidays...

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

And so it begins

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.